Moderator: Moderators

Michi

Re: White Tailed Sea Eagles in Norway

Post by Michi »

You're welcome, Kinga! :wave:
Kinga83

Post by Kinga83 »

:wave:
Maybe someone knows that there is a second egg :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ?
Michi

Post by Michi »

16:35 I think, there was a change. When I opened the cam, both eagles were in the nest. Then the male flew away and the female sat down on the egg(s).
Unfortunately the light was bad because of shadow, so that it was impossible to see if there's a second egg. Actually, the second egg would have to be there in the meantime. First egg was laid on march 25th, so it's time ... :rolleyes:

BTW: The cam has sound since several hours! Sometimes there are strange noises, sometimes the sound seems to be o.k.
Thank you to the norwegian people who made this possible! :2thumbsup:
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

I will believe that the second egg was laid yesterday evening by dark. I had the camera open today at job ( 8-)) and I want to have noticed that the egg rollings have taken more time and more movements by the parents. As well as the parents have changed their direction for incubating more often.

The sound was adjusted yesterday and the microphone is situated under the nest. This is a temporary solution and will be changed in some three weeks, when it is possible to visit the nest by humans.

The nest is so beautiful. But the birds have decided to build the bowl in an alcove so that we have a minimum view in the heart of the early nest life :(
Kinga83

Post by Kinga83 »

Thanks Owlie :D
Yes, it was time for the second egg :D
I'm sorry I did not see the eggs, and then when the chicks hatch, I regret even more :faint:
But this place and the enviroment is really impressive.
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

I don't KNOW if there are two eggs, I just want to believe so.
They at the "Tidens Krav" magazine chat have said that the sound will be adjusted properly when the chicks are old enough to survive a human visit at the nest. It means that when humans come to the nest the parents can stay outside many hours (last year in Latvia for 19 hours if I remember right) the chicks must be old enough to cope with absence of the parents and without feeding all that time.
Michi

Post by Michi »

About setting up the sound: Owlie, we have an "official" statement about the repair, you posted it on March 26th. Here it is:
GT Translation:
Per Eivind Furseth:
Are there prospects that sound transmission can be repaired ?
Svein Jung Tidens Krav moderator badge:
Per Eivind : Yes, there will be sound. The goal is to get a temporary solution before Easter. When kids are approximately 3 weeks we can go out to the island and install device that provides noiseless and good sound from the nest.
Though, in my opinion it is too early if the eaglets are only 3 weeks old.
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

@ Michi

Last year at the Latvian nest (Sartas & Lubana) humans disturbed it when the chicks were only one/two days old - and they both survived the absence of the parents for so many hours!
Kinga83

Post by Kinga83 »

Yes I also like to think that there are already two eggs :rolleyes:
Today evening was an egg scrolling, I thought I saw two white spots....but I'm not sure :slap:

In the next days will tell :D
Michi

Post by Michi »

:wave:
Owlie, there was a lot of luck, why last year the eaglets survived. I think of bigger birds of prey, of cold or rainy weather. There are so many dangers for unprotected very young chicks. And nobody knows how long the parents stay away when they get disturbed. Once Linda after ringing was away for about 36 hours.
Last year it was bad luck that humans disturbed the nest. But I think, one should expose the eaglets not consciously to risks. That’s only my opinion. :blush:
Michi

Post by Michi »

20:50 For a short moment one could see a glimpse of one egg. :D

macko50

Post by macko50 »

Morning change

"One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals." - Mahatma Gandhi
George
http://madarlesok.lapunk.hu/
Kinga83

Post by Kinga83 »

30. 03. 2015. morning
Rainbow :loveshower:
Mamicja

Post by Mamicja »

:hi:
18:59 Food for mom, dad incubates.
Kinga83

Post by Kinga83 »

Moments of the evening :D ! Baroness came home and had dinner, if I saw good ate fish. Then she
beautified the nest, because one branch was not very good place :rolleyes: . Finally Baron made it into place. Change, Baroness stayed, Baron flew away :D !

Michi

Post by Michi »

A beautiful rainbow, Kinga! :wave:

At about 19:10 Baron Blå arranges a stick new.

Baronessen helps him.

This was the best look on the nestbowl I could get. A little imagination is needed to see the egg(s). :-)

After work was finished, Baronessen took off and Baron Blå (nice name :D) sat down on the egg(s).
Half a minute later the cam operator zoomed on the nest. Unfortunately a little to late, as the look on the nestbowl was already obstructed.

Edit:
I think I probably was wrong with the who is who in these pics. :slap: :blush:
As Kinga83 wrote, it was Baronessen who decorated the stick new. Therefore it is Baronessen on the left side, the male on the right, and now it must be the female incubating.

Kinga, we have nearly the same picture. :rolleyes:
Michi

Post by Michi »

Here an enlarged cutting of the nestbowl-pic. Are that two eggs? Or only down feathers? :puzzled:
Kinga83

Post by Kinga83 »

Michi, yes we made very nearly the same image :thumbs:
Baron flew away with the blue rings :shake: , and now Baroness sit in the nest :rolleyes:
Kinga83

Post by Kinga83 »

March 31.

No picture :unsure: Someone else has?
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

About an hour ago there came information about the camera failure on the magazine chat that they don't know why they have lost the contact, they are working on it.

Return to “White Tailed Eagles (WTE)”