Danish WTE web camera 2015-2018

Haliaeetus albacilla nests in other countries

Moderator: Moderators

Mamicja

Re: Danish WTE web camera 2015/16/17

Post by Mamicja »

:hi:
Yesterday eaglet visited the nest three times: 17:22, 18:07 and 19:05. Whole the time between visits it was sitting on the branch above the nest. I haven't noticed parents presence.

Mamicja

Post by Mamicja »

August 18th, 18:56
I was waiting so long for this view :D
Mamicja

Post by Mamicja »

Today camera went off in the morning. Maybe DOF stopped streaming for this season, so it’s time to share some memories.
August 24th
Parent brought a prey and flew away. Eaglet wasn’t eating, but screaming. I think there was an intruder close by, because both parents flew to the nest tree and tried to chase intruder away.

August 26th
Parent brought a prey and eaglet protected it.
August 27th
I saw eaglet last time. It paid a short visit in the nest.

:wave:
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

The cam is still on and the eaglets receive food from mostly dad:
GT
eagles
1 h ·
The babies have grown big and have moved away from home, yet come home to eat occasionally. Now it's almost two months since they flew from the nest for the first time. But we still see the kids getting packed lunches from the parents, primarily the male. Even in September. Thanks to you who are still watching.
https://www.facebook.com/havoernene/vid ... 970309161/
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

Two young wte in Denmark were equipped with GPS transmitters, You might follow their travel here:
http://www.dof.dk/naturbeskyttelse/arter/orne/gps-orn
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

The cam is on!

http://www.dof.dk/oplev-fuglene/ornetv

At least the old mother is gone :cry:
Google translation:
Dansk Ornitologisk Forening, Fugleværnsfonden and Nordea Foundation now give you the opportunity to follow the exciting life in the nest of a pair of wild Danish sea urchins. DOF's ØrneTV is again on the wings directly from a sea trout in the Birdlife Reserve's reserve Saksfjed-Hyllekrog.We are looking forward to exciting experiences with our largest and most impressive bird of prey. Check out www.ØrneTV.dk

Worth knowing right now:
Both eagles have been seen in the nest since 28 February, when the big birds began to build on the old farm with big branches.
The ears can be seen during periods in the nest, but the birds are also very off the nest at this time of their breeding season.
The old she's gone and it's definitely a new female in a nest. Nobody has a damaged foot like the old one she had.
We wonder if there is also a new male and thus a whole new couple.
Photo is from DOF's EagleTV of one of the eagles from the nest.
https://www.facebook.com/havoernene/pho ... 42/?type=3
Mamicja

Post by Mamicja »

Thank you for the hint, Owlie :2thumbsup:
Is this a male from previous years?

Owlie

Post by Owlie »

eagles
9 t ·
Rarely seen more beautiful. Did you see it this morning?
https://www.facebook.com/havoernene/pho ... 95/?type=3
Mamicja

Post by Mamicja »

March 12th
Misty weather, soaked eagle

Owlie

Post by Owlie »

Google translation
eagles
A moment ago ·
A beautiful scene from March 11th. There is bustle in the nest to build on the home. It's too long, we have had a picture of the eagles, and we are sad. It is due to many days of no sun to provide power to the camera. We send from the Danish wilderness where there is not just electricity. It is not surprising that we have to live with a black screen here at the start of the season, where too many days without sun has made it impossible to keep battery life. We very much hope that after a day or two with full sun in southern Lolland again there is a hole for nest and to our beautiful sea ears. We turn on as soon as possible.
https://www.facebook.com/havoernene/pho ... 53/?type=3
Mamicja

Post by Mamicja »

The camera is back online, but stream is very unstable.

Lot of visits and nest work today. Eagles brought sticks and soft material. A prey was also delivered to the nest.
For sure there is no last year's female, but I am not sure about the male.

Owlie

Post by Owlie »

:hi: Mamicja,

thanks for your pics! Today I finally succeeded to get sight of the eagles. I don't know whether it was a question of the cam ankle or not, but for me the difference between their sizes looks big, the male is much smaller than the female. Have you thought about it?

Just now 15:37 cam time the female is lying on the nest bowl that the male earlier worked with, looks good! Hope to see eggs soon! Btw the nest bowl is on a different place compared with previous years - it used to be nearer the right rim and they didn't build the right rim as strong as it looks now, also the left rim looks built wider than it used to be. Now the bowl will be more down by the front rim seen from cam - could it tell about different parents building than before? Or, am I just imagining? :mrgreen:
Mamicja

Post by Mamicja »

March 21st
Today was looking at old photos since 2014 to find out, if it is still the same male. He had two small dark spots on the tail feathers.

Present male has also dark spots on the tail feathers, but they look bigger.
Could it be the same male?
Mamicja

Post by Mamicja »

As usual, female is larger than male
Female on the right side

Male in the foreground

Male brought today an eel, but didn't want to give it to female.

Finaly she got it :mrgreen:
This year camera has zoom, but no sound :puzzled:
:wave: :offtobed:
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

Mamicja wrote::hi:
Male brought today an eel, but didn't want to give it to female.
Finaly she got it :mrgreen:
That was a funny video :mrgreen:
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

:hi: Mamicja
hard for me to say whether it is the old male or not. Thanks for the comparison pictures anyway, we have to continue studying :thumbs: Can the feather colors and spots change from year to another?
Mamicja

Post by Mamicja »

March 22nd
Today there was no food in the nest, so ... :wink:

Mamicja

Post by Mamicja »

March 25th
Male brings sticks and hay, forms the bowl, checks softness of the nest. Female seems not very interested. I think this year the male will lay the eggs :mrgreen:

Owlie

Post by Owlie »

Mamicja wrote::hi:
Male brings sticks and hay, forms the bowl, checks softness of the nest. Female seems not very interested. I think this year the male will lay the eggs :mrgreen:
In Finnish there is a proverb (my free translation): "When forced even the cock can lay egg" :mrgreen:
Mamicja

Post by Mamicja »

:wink:

Return to “White Tailed Eagles (WTE)”