Danish WTE web camera 2015-2018

Haliaeetus albacilla nests in other countries

Moderator: Moderators

Mamicja

Re: Danish WTE web camera 2015

Post by Mamicja »

:hi:
Morning activities in the nest - eagles brought new nest materials. Maybe there is a chance for second clutch. Nature is unpredictable.

Michi

Post by Michi »

Thank you for the pics, Mamicja! :hi:
So beautiful ...
lianaliesma

Post by lianaliesma »

Good morning! :hi:

March 28, 2015

10.00 I wish success to those eagles! :loveshower:

10.02 There is a guest in the nest... :innocent:

12.20 The meal...
We are living in a dangerous age. Human beings dominate nature, before they have learned to control themselves. -Albert Schweitzer
I have been studying the traits and dispositions of the so-called "lower animals" versus the traits and dispositions of man. The result humiliates me. - Mark Twain
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

One eagle on the nest. Plus a prey probably a big, dark bird as it looks that there are lots of feathers all around. In FB it was mentioned that this prey came in around 11 o'clock Danish time. There is also more fresh greenery. The eagles are chatting with each other (the other one is not in the nest).
Mamicja

Post by Mamicja »

15:03 Mom in the nest
15:10 She moved to the parents branch and flew away
15:18 Dad in the nest. He moved some sticks.
15:20 He took the prey (big bird) and flew away with it.
Mamicja

Post by Mamicja »

:wave:
15:55 Again eagle in the nest, flew away at 16:03
Mamicja

Post by Mamicja »

18:02 Both eagles flew to the nest, dad first.
18:08 They flew away, mom first
Mamicja

Post by Mamicja »

March 30th
Camera is offline since yesterday :puzzled:
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

FACEBOOK QUOTES (https://da-dk.facebook.com/havoernene):
Kære alle, den sorte skærm er på grund af mangel på sol. Derfor bør der komme billede på, så snart solen har skinnet længe nok til at genoplade batterierne. Lige nu ser vejrudsigten sådan ud, at det først kunne blive fredag, måske torsdag, hvis vi er heldige. Det er forbistret ikke at vide, hvad der sker i reden lige nu, men hvis vi bare ser ørne på æg, når der kommer billede på, er vi meget glade!
Google translation:
Dear all, the black screen is because of lack of sunlight . Therefore get picture on as soon as the sun shone long enough to recharge the batteries. Right now the weather forecast like this , it could only be Friday , maybe Thursday , if we are lucky . It's dumb not knowing what is happening in the nest right now , but if we just look eagles on eggs when you get a picture of , we are very happy !
Karin Andersen
Igår 17:12
Jeg har været forbi reden/området her til eftermiddag. Der så ikke ud til at ligge nogen på æg, og jeg så senere parret flyve sammen i området. Så vi er formentlig ikke gået glip af noget, mens sendingen er i uorden. Men derfor må I nu gerne få den fikset, Havørnene!
Google translation:
Karin Andersen
Yesterday 17:12
I've been past the nest / area this afternoon. There seemed to be no eggs , and I saw later the pair fly together in the area. So we are probably not missed anything while the consignment is in disarray . But thus shall ye now like to have it rigged , Havørnene!
Michi

Post by Michi »

Another cam doesn't work ... What a pity!
But we learn to be patient. :whistling:

Thank you, Owlie, for the informations and translations! :wave:
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

:wave: Michi
When one is addicted ... :whistling:
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

Quote from FB (https://www.facebook.com/havoernene?fref=nf)
Google translation
White-tailed eagles
2 h ·
Dear all . We just want to share this wonderful clip with you. It's from last Friday when we got on a little hope that the sea eagle couple is about to shake the egg theft of themselves and more eggs out of the female . Their nesting behavior in the video is a good sign that it may end up with egg again this year. But everything can apparently happen in sea eagles nest this year , let us now look forward to get a
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=84 ... =2&theater
Michi

Post by Michi »

Owlie wrote::wave: Michi
When one is addicted ... :whistling:
How true ... :whistling: :mrgreen:
Mamicja

Post by Mamicja »

April 3rd
The camera is online, but the nest is empty. Some new sticks were added.
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

4th April
One eagle is lying on the nest - and lots of light feathers all around

07:54 DT
She took off, there was still no egg under her, she was just training incubation :D
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

The 7th April

A notice on the Danish Eaglecam page by DOF:
Skrevet af Dansk Ornitologisk Forening · 07.04.2015 · 12:45
Kære alle sort skærm-frustrerede havørnefans. Vi kan kun sige, at det er mangel på sol, der er årsagen til udfaldet. Billedet kom på helt af sig selv i fredags, da solen havde skinnet nok på solcellerne til at velsigne batterierne med nok strøm. Så der er desværre ikke andet at gøre end at vente, til solen atter skinner nok til at levere stabilt billede. Vi ved ikke, om ørnene har lagt æg. Men vi håber på begge dele snarest muligt.
Google translation:
Written by Dansk Ornitologisk Forening · 07.04.2015 · 12:45
Dear all black screen - frustrated Sea Eagles fans . We can only say that it is the lack of sunlight , which is why the outcome. The picture came on all by itself on Friday as the sun had shone enough solar cells to bless the batteries with enough power. So unfortunately there is nothing else to do but wait until the sun again shines enough to deliver stable image . We do not know if the eagles have laid eggs . But we hope both as soon as possible .
Michi

Post by Michi »

Thank you, Owlie, for the information! :thumbs:
I hope the sun will shine enough one day. Maybe we then see a beautiful surprise in form of two eggs. :D :2thumbsup:
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

Comments on the chat page of DOF
Google translations
Written by Iben Hove Sørensen · 04.09.2015 · 10:11

I understand that you are losing patience , and I wish that we could do " something effectively." But right now considering the interests of the eagles heavier than the need to keep up, and so we have to go gently forward . We try to replace the batteries and checked the part of the system that is in good distance to the eagles nest - but if there are problems with the camera or other near the nest, so we can not do anything about it now . It is now clear that solmangel (EDIT: lack of sun) was not the problem , and we do our best to find the problem and fix it .
Written by Rasmus Romme · 04.10.2015 · 20:19

I come in the sanctuary almost every day and has briefed here every time I have seen the eagles !
Today kl.18 sat both eagles near the nest , so there is not enough eggs yet!
Last Wednesday was both eagles high up while they were playing a game of tag , so in love they are then !
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

April 13th

The camera is on - some prey on the nest, no eggs and no eagles ...

A quote on the cam page from yesterday:
Skrevet af Rasmus Romme · 12.04.2015 · 20:02
I dag kl.1054 parrede ørnene sig på redekanten,og senere var de i luften over reden.
Det kan ikke vare længe før det første æg er lagt!
Google translation:
Written by Rasmus Romme · 12.04.2015 · 20:02
Today kl.1054 paired eagles on readiness edge , and later they were in the air above the nest.
It may not be long before the first egg is laid !
A fresh comment from Facebook https://www.facebook.com/havoernene - Google translation
Dear all we have just turned on the image. We are now trying a temporary solution that hopefully makes picture at least 2-3 days , and hopefully more . While we try to find a long lasting solution , with batteries that works and keeps it .
Right now it seems that we are 2 times have been supplied with the wrong types of batteries , and are not being charged , although there has been sun on . We must constantly weigh the interests of the eagles , and therefore there can sometimes be a long time before we can do anything. Status of the eagles is that Sunday is seen mate nesting edge , and later they were in the air above the nest. The promise for eggs, but nothing is certain yet . So let's hope the best for the eagles and the camera !
kesha45

Post by kesha45 »

Return to “White Tailed Eagles (WTE)”