Haliaeetus albacilla nests in other countries

Moderator: Moderators

Malewitsch

Re: Danish WTE web camera 2015/16/17

Post by Malewitsch »

Owlie

Post by Owlie »

Thank you Ferenz, for the information :hi:
It is nice that they both hatched same day, so they should be pretty equal in feeding order and they can defend themselves equally.
I am so happy for these parents, who surely have had troubles in their lives :loveshower:
Sabrina71

Post by Sabrina71 »

:wave:
Hey!
I am really happy to see (after a long time of camera problems) that both eaglets hatched meanwhile :loveshower:
But I don´t think they hatched on the same day...? On the DOF-homepage it says they hatched between 10th - 12th April. It looks so as if one of the chicks is a bit smalller (and lighter). He/she is also pecked by the other one quite often.

But there is enough food in the nest - and a feeding is currently ongoing. So everything looks fine!
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

Sabrina71 wrote::wave:
... On the DOF-homepage it says they hatched between 10th - 12th April. It looks so as if one of the chicks is a bit smalller (and lighter). He/she is also pecked by the other one quite often.

But there is enough food in the nest - and a feeding is currently ongoing. So everything looks fine!
Thanks, Sabrina, for checking the facts also for little me :D

Anyhow the family seems lucky so far - no marten and no more injuries and the parents are together raising a new healthy brood, that is what matters <3

Somehow this nest is special for me - not only for living in a neighbor country, but also for the distance by DOF to these beautiful birds with no (human) names and for their natural freedom. I think DOF showed optimal respect to these eagles when not fixing the cam issues when the birds lived their most sensible phase of their nesting just during the time of hatches. I respect that! :2thumbsup:
Sabrina71

Post by Sabrina71 »

Dear Owlie,

yes - same applies to me - this nest is really special. Also because of the "neighbourhood", as I am living in north Germany / Baltic Sea.

I am wishing this nice family all the best!
Mamicja

Post by Mamicja »

:hi:
Although camera is streaming only sometimes (mostly in the morning or at night) everything seems to be ok. Parent take care of little ones and they are growing fast.

Mamicja

Post by Mamicja »

Now mom and eaglets are sleeping peacefully. Around nine, before camera stopped, I saw a big eel in the nest. But now it disappeared 8-)
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

:wave:
I watched the nest a moment this afternoon - the eaglets have grown a lot and don't really fit under mom's wings any more. The life seemed peaceful and there was plenty of food on the nest. This nest is happy now. :D
This year the nest bowl looks very comfortable for the eaglets, deep and soft.
Mamicja

Post by Mamicja »

Unfortunatrly the camera is off for last three days :bash:
It's my last screen capture dated May 16.
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

Mamicja wrote::hi:
Unfortunatrly the camera is off for last three days :bash:
It's my last screen capture dated May 16.
[img]
Thank you Mamicja! For many days when I have checked the camera it was off - nice that you managed to get a picture, the eaglets are big already! :D
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

I tried to find this comment on FB but didn't succeed - anyway it is quite clear that this desired cam is not delivering view for the most of the time. We probably have to wait till ringing :faint:
Disconnected transmission
Written by P T on May 23, 2017 at. 09:34
DOF writes d. 22/5 on FB Havørnene: We can at least try to find the error when there is a ring mark because we can go in a sound manner as opposed to earlier. Further follow when we know more.
Mamicja

Post by Mamicja »

10:20 I was lucky enough to see eaglets for few minutes :loveshower:
Later camera went off again :rant:
EDIT: Camera is back online :thumbs:
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

:wave: From FB (GT) https://www.facebook.com/havoernene/pho ... 55/?type=3
EVERYONE! See again with our fascinating and exciting sea eagle at www.ØrneTV.dk. For too long we have had to tear ourselves off with black screen, since a technical error occurred, as the eagles' breeding season had begun seriously. However, for the first time, we have had the opportunity to find the error and fix it.
This happened in connection with the ringing of the two kids this Wednesday. Our eagle experts estimated that the kids have become so big that they can easily make the mistake of the technique while ringing the ring.
We have been waiting for it both for the eagles and for the sake of the tranepar, which for the first time has ripened in the area about 100 meters from our plant. Now the cranes have got two kids as they walk around the whole area, so it was good we waited so the birds could get calm.
Now we have got a new cable on the camera so we hope and think that there can be a stable picture for you the rest of the kids' time in the nest. We should be able to keep track of what they eat when they start flying exercises and when they fly from the nest.
However, we do not issue guarantees, but hope it lasts. Is there something we've learned from our five years of bird cameras from nature, it's amazing that it can at all be possible to send directly from Denmark's wild nature when technical failures can occur from the blue, As has happened this year.
We are sorry that it has been a time of so much black screen and we thank you all for your continued understanding and commitment to our beautiful eagles.

HAPPY HUN - nice him
The Zoological Museum ring markers have put a ring on the two kids who turned out to be a female and a male. A properly picked up by a 4.7kg hero, the biggest ring marks have the ring mark to date out of about 60 kids. The male weighed 3.4 kilos and the thickest tarse seen in man's memory!
So happy to read of the lucky eaglets and see them again :D
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=59A92BD3
A neck of a swan, or any of it, was one of the more spectacular findings of swords in the eagles' nest. Photo: Uffe Rasmussen
:shock:
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

3th June

:hi: They have a big white bird prey again on the nest - a swan? :shock:
Maybe it is the same neck as yesterday ...

Has anyone seen the parents after ringing?
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

Just now 3rd June at 18.15 LK time

One of the eaglets is eating of a very big bone with lots of red flesh on it. That item wasn't there when I checked the cam in the morning, so a parent must have been in the nest today. What the prey is - I have no idea, there are some grey furry/fluffy parts visible, when the eaglet stretches it, it might have been a big bird. Maybe parents have found some leftovers somewhere or carcass of some kind. I can't tell which of the eaglets is working on the prey - the other one is lying beside calm with no intention to intefere the sibling's dinner.

EDIT: yes, the "grey part" is a head of a bird - a big goose?
Mamicja

Post by Mamicja »

Owlie wrote:3th June

:hi: They have a big white bird prey again on the nest - a swan? :shock:
Maybe it is the same neck as yesterday ...

Has anyone seen the parents after ringing?
I saw dad yesterday, he was feeding eaglets
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

Mamicja wrote: :hi:
I saw dad yesterday, he was feeding eaglets
I think the parents have learned by now, that the ringing interference by humans happens every year and it will always pass in a short time :mrgreen:
Mamicja

Post by Mamicja »

Eaglets are fine, though I noticed only one food delivery today.
20:43 Large herd of deer (about 30) under the nest.

Mamicja

Post by Mamicja »

Eaglets are hungry. In the afternoon parents visited the nest many times, but without food.
12:12

16:46

16:57

17:01

Return to “White Tailed Eagles (WTE)”