Danish WTE web camera 2015-2018

Haliaeetus albacilla nests in other countries

Moderator: Moderators

Owlie

Re: Danish WTE web camera 2015-2016

Post by Owlie »

Today I saw both eaglets, I believe they both perched on the cam branch or beside it and jumped down on the nest one after another. Then one of them "flew" up to the parents' branch on the upper right corner of the cam view. They have been outside of the cam view long times yesterday and today.

I still believe they are just branching (quite high, though!) and have not fledged yet. I read the threads on the DOF page and in FB and no-one seems to have seen any of them fly out of the nest so far. But both are close to it! :thumbs:

16:40 cam time
One eaglet is alone in the nest working on a prey, little as a rabbit cub

16:52
The prey eaten and series of wingexersing began ... :D When writing this the eaglet vanished out of the sight :mrgreen: AND dropped down from the parents branch again :mrgreen:

As there must have been a delivery (something small) and the eaglet in the nest has eaten it and jumped and flown on several branches I ask: has the other eaglet already fledged and not yet returned from the first flight?
Mamicja

Post by Mamicja »

:hi:
It's quite possible we overlook eaglets fledge, as they spend most of the day on the nearby branches. I haven't seen them together in the nest today.
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

Mamicja wrote::hi:
It's quite possible we overlook eaglets fledge, as they spend most of the day on the nearby branches. I haven't seen them together in the nest today.
I saw them both together this morning about 11 o'clock nest time. And the one I saw to jump down from the cam branch "flew" up towards the parents' branch - I can't tell how high, but s/he flew. The sibling seems to have stayed on the nest ground since then, s/he stands now and then on the right rim and is visible by her/his beak or wings.

20:55 nest time
The eaglet has a new prey, a bird? S/he works still on it alone - the sibling is out and flies?
Mamicja

Post by Mamicja »

:wave:
When mom brought a prey at 20:52 only one eaglet arrived to the nest.
I even haven't heard the second one yelling.

Owlie

Post by Owlie »

Mamicja wrote::wave:
When mom brought a prey at 20:52 only one eaglet arrived to the nest.
I even haven't heard the second one yelling.
:hi: Yes, Mamicja,
only one eaglet had the prey for her/himself, the other one must be far away enjoying the first flight :mrgreen:
Hope s/he is not in trouble getting back to the nest - the nest is still the place for a young eaglet to get fed at :innocent:
Mamicja

Post by Mamicja »

June 26th
Both eaglets and a new prey are in the nest today.

Camera is acting like mad, picture is changing from overexposed to completely black.
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

Nice pics again, Mamicja, thank you!
Does the black mean that the cam is directed direct to the light or is it only shadows?

Here is a video discussion about a fish tail :mrgreen:
https://www.facebook.com/havoernene/vid ... 577384171/

15:46 cam time
Also the second eaglet appeared going from the right rim, so both are in the nest. Now I would very much like to see the older eaglet flying :laugh: - but they are lazy, only lying on the nest. Both yesterday and today one of the eaglets has been long times alone and got all the food parents provided - maybe the older one has really been on flying tours and is now as well tired as hungry and doesn't want to show her flying skills :mrgreen:

16:18 nest time
One of the eaglets jumped/flew to the cam branch
Mamicja

Post by Mamicja »

I constantly try to see eaglet in flight, but I have no success
Whenever I turn my head or stream stops, eaglet disappears :mrgreen:
But for sure they have enough food this year
Today scenes:
Attempted to food theft

Morning meal for two

To fly or not to fly?
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

:hi: From FB, Google translation: https://www.facebook.com/havoernene/vid ... 060368156/
White-tailed eagles
33 min ·
Now we have finally found the first images showing that the kids have flown home. They turn out a reverse occasionally to eat and rest, but it becomes less and less as the days pass. It has annually been difficult to see precisely when the children flew away from the nest for the first time, or if they just sat outside the image on a perch or nest edge.
The footage is from June 29. It's time to rejoice that another year of sea eagles nest is gone, as it must, almost by sea eagles-book ABC and the country's coolest, most famous and best loved couples Sea Eagles again has made an effort to promote our stock of this amazing bird of prey
Mamicja

Post by Mamicja »

Thank you Owlie for that link :bow: I missed to see it.
Mamicja

Post by Mamicja »

Today I was lucky enough to see at least one of eaglets flying :D
Mamicja

Post by Mamicja »

15:37 Dad brought a prey to the nest, but nobody home :rolleyes:
After a few minutes he took off with the prey
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

From FB, Google translation, https://www.facebook.com/havoernene/vid ... 393370856/
White-tailed eagles
5 min ·
Dear Sea Eagles fans. We turn the camera off Friday afternoon, so we have just a few more days to see if there would be some past experiences. But now it seems that kids really are out to practice to become real adults eagles from the nest, and therefore, we say thank you for this year, both the eagles and to you who are so loyal, committed and enthusiastic has shared joys and experiences. It's people like you who gives hope and belief that sea eagles in the future will have a place in Denmark, as they and we all deserve. Also thanks to Nordea Foundation, which has made it possible to send again this year.
I'll just have a glorious scene with family life at sea eagles. It is by the book, how the big kids here chasing daddy at the gate because they are now so old that their desire to guard the booty and territory is more pronounced.
Mamicja

Post by Mamicja »

Owlie wrote:From FB, Google translation, https://www.facebook.com/havoernene/vid ... 393370856/
I was watching this scene, it was very dynamic :mrgreen:

Lately eagles defended their food from parents, even if they were not hungry. It will be useful in the future.
Eaglets have grown into beautiful fledglings.

For the last three days I have not noticed them in the nest, so it's time to say goodbye to the youngsters. This year they seem to be in good condition and prepared for further, more and more independent life. Before winter they have to learn to hunt, so it's good, that now they are watching their parents out of the nest. I am convinced, that they are well prepared to survive, find their partners and reproduce.
BigDee

Post by BigDee »

10:32 - One of the eaglets is resting in the nest.
BigDee

Post by BigDee »

13:38 - Parent with a coot, waiting for kids.

13:46 - Parent begins to eat the prey.
Mamicja

Post by Mamicja »

Farewell beautiful eaglet! It was the last encounter.
Camera was turned off before 16:00

Owlie

Post by Owlie »

https://www.facebook.com/havoernene/pho ... 80/?type=3
White-tailed eagles paikassa Danish Ornithological Society.
1 t ·
Lars Munk saw on Sunday 31/7/16 year cubs, both sat on the dike near the woods, where the nest is. The female was also nearby, and the male sat on a rock in the water off the nest forest. All photos are taken from the dirt road that goes along the sanctuary a few hundred meters from the dike..
Birdfriend

Post by Birdfriend »

Owlie, thank you, for this update!
Good to know, that the completely family is well! :thumbs:
The nature needs us not, but we need the nature
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

White-tailed eagles added 3 new pictures.
16 min ·
Dear all, recognize in this handsome guy? It's one of the kids from "our" sea eagle family from 2014. Ole Friis Larsen got closest to the bird in his head when he visited the area near the nest on Lolland September 5 when he (eagle) flying along the beach at Hyllekrog and probably looked for something to eat for lunch. Ole says:
"He flew so low over my head, it was to read one of the rings on his legs out of the picture. So he is now about two and a half years and almost midway to become adult breeding bird - but when he is looking for food just three kilometers from the nest where he was born, he is still not really left home. "
He can easily have been much about in the meantime, but we know nothing about.
You can re-enjoy scenes of the handsome prince and his sister grew up in the videos from 2014 here: http://www.dof.dk/fakta-om-fugle/video- ... nmark-2014
Photos: Ole Friis Larsen, who also is a member of DOF's executive committee.
https://www.facebook.com/havoernene/pho ... 35/?type=3

(One of the previous ringed juveniles has also been found dead, maybe hit by a car or flown against a fence :cry: )

Return to “White Tailed Eagles (WTE)”