Technical Questions

How this Forum Works - Questions and Answers

Moderator: ame

Olga

Re: Questions

Post by Olga »

Felis silvestris wrote:I just tried and I get the same message! It's not you, it's YouTube! :wave:
:bow: Good, thanks! We have just to wait. I found old posts from internet that the same error message has appeared in earlier times, too!

I was fearing that my page has been attacked! On red squirrels, some few birds and two dogs.. :mrgreen:
No way!
SHoW(StorkaHolics of the World)
Manu

Post by Manu »

:loveshower: YouTube uploading is working again :mrgreen:
Starling

Post by Starling »

Good morning. :hi:
I have had troubles seeing Kalakotkas2 with my VLC player. Time starts running in the left corner down, I hear sounds, but no picture! Seal-camera is working fine and Käsmu with VLC. Kalakotkas is working every now and then, but some quality problems are at the moment (see below)...

I got an update last week (Monday or Tuesday) for my VLC player (now it´s "VLC-mediasoitin 2.0.4 Twoflower"), since then I´ve only once or twice been able to see Kalakotkas2 nest. With IE I can see it properly anyway.

I wonder is this a problem with my new VLC player or an "universal" problem? :puzzled:

At the moment:
Kalakotkas with VLC (poor quality):

Kalakotkas with IE:
Wil Muller

Post by Wil Muller »

:hi: @Starling: I have also the newest version of VLC 2.0.4 Twoflower, but I have no problems.
Sometimes it starts coloured but when you wait for a while it gets away.
Pics made a few minutes ago.

"Until it will show compassion for all living creatures, the man himself will not find peace" - Albert Schweitzer
Starling

Post by Starling »

Wil Muller wrote: :hi: @Starling: I have also the newest version of VLC 2.0.4 Twoflower, but I have no problems.
Sometimes it starts coloured but when you wait for a while it gets away.
Pics made a few minutes ago.
Wil :hi: Thanks for your answer. Then it´s just problem in my VLC player. It just won´t open Kalakotkas2 nest, but Seal-camera is working. :bash: I don´t understand... Weird. :puzzled: The coloured starts seem to be normal.
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Post by Felis silvestris »

I have not yet updated, but the thing with the colour in the beginning seems to be normal while opening. And I could not open Käsmu cam from work for a long time after it changed to rtsp, although I had the correct (and same as home) address. Only a few days back it suddenly worked after trying several times. The rtsp links do take a while to open, after being used to have a cam open as soon as the address is clicked, one has to be a bit patient.
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
Starling

Post by Starling »

I should learn to be more patient. :D But after 20-30 minutes and the picture is not shown, so that´s it. :banghead: :bash:
Last week I didn´t have much time to use VLC player (it´s too dark to watch the nests in the evenings). Yesterday when I came home from work I managed to see kalakotkas and kalakotkas 2 nests. :thumbs: But this morning again: no pictures! :slap: Seal camera is working fine.
I waited about 30 minutes, but no picture in kalakotkas or kalakotkas 2 nests. JWplayers with IE are working fine.
Maybe I shoud delete this VLC player and take the older version back.
alice44

Post by alice44 »

I need to retest my speed because I have been having troubles -- and vlc just crashed. Often it just sort of stops, but this was a real crash. I sent a report and everything, but I have not updated.

Photobucket updated itself and now fails every time I attempt to upload anything -- so maybe something is odd at my end.

:banghead: :bash: :banghead:
Starling

Post by Starling »

I took back the older version 2.0.3 and and both kalakotkas and kalakotkas 2 opened right away. :headroll: :shake: :headroll:
Manu

Post by Manu »

Since a few days (1-2weeks) I have a lot problems to record with VLC. I make records and the tape don't shows what I'm recorded. (It was on different webcams) Beginning and the end is not identical with the part I recorded.
And when I upload the video on YT the time of the record is much shorter than the part I've recorded.
I hope you understand what I would like to say. I don't know how to explain in english :blush:
I read some persons have this problems too.
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Which version of VLC player do you use, Manu? I'm myself not making so many films anymore as I find it disturbs other things on my PC. So I'm not sure if I have the problem, but I can try it out over weekend. Last one was the falling salt pole, I think.
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

Manu

Post by Manu »

It's a good question... which version I use :puzzled: :laugh: I try to find out.
I know Ame and Wil had also told they have the same problems like me.
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Check on top small tab with "Hilfe" and there "Über" - here you will find the version!

Yes, I have been reading the discussion. I just know that YouTube tells me that there "seem to be some issue" about the sound and picture synchronicity.

Manu

Post by Manu »

@ Felis: You're great :thumbs: (I try to push all buttons :laugh: )
I use Version 1.1.11. It's not only the problem sound and pictures are not synchronous. Today for example I would made a record of the raven. It was a close zoom of two raven in the tree (BTW: It was so lovely) And on my record they're nothing to see from this two guys. It seems record started some seconds later.
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Okay, that version is ancient, out is 2.0.5 by now! I'm on 2.0.2 as I saw here, at work I'm using portable, updated to latest version some time back. Don't know why I did not update here, suppose I forgot about it again getting distracted by something else. Maybe it is the first thing to update and then see it it still creates problems?

Manu

Post by Manu »

So I try to upload the newest version and look if the problems are the same.
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

First step, yes! :thumbs:

Fleur

Post by Fleur »

:wave:

I still used the old version. 1.1.11

Now I installed the new, I'm curious !! 2.0.5
Nope, on and off :banghead:

maybe 2.0.2 ?
nope, on and off :bash:

2.0.4. then ?
nope, on and off

back to the old version, Oh my......nothing happend !!!
ame

Post by ame »

i just installed the new version 2.0.5 and eagle nest camera wouldn't show me anything. only the sound was there. Nõva played normally. so i unistalled the new version and went back to the previous 2.0.2. i haven't uninstalled the older versions. now both cameras work normally.
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

I am now more than half an hour doing, I have my laptop wiped clean.
And again the old version installed, and it works again. :thumbs:

Pfff

Return to “Questions and Help”