Technical Questions

How this Forum Works - Questions and Answers

Moderator: ame

ame

Re: Questions

Post by ame »

to capture pictures and record video you need to have express buttons for it. open “View” (“Näkymä”, red circle) and click “Lisäsäätimet” (green circle, “additional controls”?).
pikanapit kuvakaappauksia ja videon nauhoittamista varten tulevat näkyviin, kun avaat valikon “Näkymä” (punainen rengas) ja klikkaat siellä ”Lisäsäätimet” (vihreä rengas).
expressknappar för skärmdumpningar och inspelning av video finns i ”Näkymä”-meny (view?, röd cirkel). klikka på ”Lisäsäätimet” (grön cirkel).
Экспресс кнопками для съемки и записи видео здесь: открытый "Вид " ("Näkymä", красный круг) и нажмите кнопку "Lisäsäätimet" (зеленый круг, аддитионал управления?).
ame

Post by ame »

when you want to watch a livecamera with the VLC-player: first click “Open with” (= “Valitse”, red arrow), then find in the proper folder (red circle) the VLC-application and select it (green arrow) and click “Open” (blue arrow). all this you need to do only on the first time. on the next times VLC will be default program for watching.
miten VLC-soitin valitaan livekameran katsomiseen: aluksi valitse ohjelma (vihreä nuoli), avaa oikea tiedosto (punainen rengas), klikkaa VLC-sovellusta (vihreä nuoli) ja lopuksi klikkaa “Avaa” (sininen nuoli). tämä tarvitsee tehdä vain ensimmäisellä kerralla. seuraavilla VLC on oletusohjelma käytettäväksi.
för att titta på livekameran med VLC: klikka på “välja” =”Valitse” (röd pil). sen öppna den rätta mappen (röd circle), klikka på VLC-applikation (grön pil) och sen pressa “öppna” = “Open” (blå pil). allt detta behövs endast på första gången. VLC skall vara den förinställda progammen på senare gångar.
как выбрат:ь VLC-плеер: сначала нажать "Открыть с помощью" = ”Open with” (красная стрелка), откройте нужную папку (красный круг), и выберите VLC (зеленая стрелка) и нажмите кнопку "Открыть" = ”Open”. (синяя стрелка). Вы должны сделать это только на первый раз. VLC будет выбран автоматически на следующий раз.
ame

Post by ame »

to take a screencapture click on the camera-icon. klikkaa kamerakuvaketta kuvakaappauksen nappaamiseksi. pressa på kameraikonen för att ta en skärmdumpning. нажмите на значок камеры, чтобы сделать снимок.

for a short while in the top of the screen on the left you will see on the left the picture (red circle) and on the right its file name (green circle).
näytön yläosassa näkyy hetken otettu kuva vasemmalla (punainen rengas) ja sen oikealla puolella sen nimi ja osoite (vihreä rengas).
på skärmen ser du för en stund bilden av dumpningen på vänster (röd cirkel) och på höger dess namn och address (grön cirkel).
на короткое время в верхней части экрана слева вы увидите на левой картинке (красный круг) и на право его имени (зеленый круг).

you can check your folder: the picture is there. the default filename is “vlcsnap”+the time when it was taken ( year-month-day-hh-min-sec...)
voit tarkistaa kansiosi, että kuva on siellä. nimi muodostuu oletusarvoisesti alusta “vlcsnap” + kuvanottoaika(vuosi-kuu-pvä-tunti-min-sek…)
du kan kolla din mapp för att se att bilden är där. den förinställda namnet för filen börjar med “vlcsnap”, följad av tidpunkten den hade tagits (år-månad-dag-timme-minut-sekund..)
Вы можете проверить вашу папку: фотография есть. Имя файла по умолчанию является "vlcsnap" + время, когда оно было принято (год, месяц, день, час, минута, секунда).
ame

Post by ame »

to start a video recording click on the button with the red spot. the button will be blueish while the recording is on. click the button again to stop recording.
videonauhoitus aloitetaan painamalla punatäpläistä nappia. nauhoituksen ollessa käynnissä nappi on sinertävä. nauhoitus loppuu, kun nappia painaa uudelleen.
för att börja videoinspelning pressa på den vänstra knappen med en röd punkt. knappen är blåaktig under inspelningen. för att sluta inspelningen pressa knappen en annan gång.
Как начать запись видео: Нажмите на кнопку с красным пятном. при записи включен, кнопка голубоватые. если вы хотите, чтобы остановить запись, нажмите кнопку еще раз.

the videos will be saved in the Libraries – Videos –folder (blue circle). the files get a default name, with the time and source (green circle)
videot tallennetaan oletustiedostoon Libraries – Videos (sininen rengas) ja niiden nimessä näkyy nauhoitusaika ja lähde (vihreä rengas).
videorna sparas i Libraries – Videos –mappen (blå cirkel). på dess namn finns inspelningtiden och källan (grön cirkel).
Видео будет сохранено в ” Libraries – Videos” = ”библиотеках – Видео”-папки (синий круг). файлы автоматически получить имя, которое показывает время и источник (зеленый круг)
ame

Post by ame »

for the Russian translations i have used the Google translator, which is well known to be a risky business. i have tried to eliminate most/worst irrationalities by translating the texts from English to Russian to Finnish and sometimes again to English.
despite of this i'm quite sure that there are still mistakes up there... :dunno: sorry... :blush:

i would be extremely grateful if anyone who understands both English and Russian would read the texts and make the necessary corrections, either by posting here or by dropping me a pm. :wave:
ame

Post by ame »

hello! :hi:
i have a question concerning the pm-inbox-folders. is there any way that i could download the received meaasages into my computer from the forum? my inbox keeps becoming full and soon the sub-folders are going to be full, too.
i would like to keep the pm's somewhere... :dunno:
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Hello Ame

Go to your mail box.

Below you can click export as CSV (Excel)

success
alice44

Post by alice44 »

wow the stress of deleting them has been getting to me :blush:
ame

Post by ame »

Fleur wrote:Hello Ame

Go to your mail box.

Below you can click export as CSV (Excel)

success
ok Fleur, thanks! :wave:
i already tried it with one message but the outcome was so full with stuff other than text itself, so i hoped that there would be a 'cleaner' way of downloading them. but i'll use that then. thank you! :thumbs:
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Post by Felis silvestris »

Now I finally found the place for all the tech things, I really don't want to OT the various forums with my woes (the :bash: office PC :wink: ) and now I have a question about the VLC player. Manged to make (test) screen shots and record films. But the films have their title (vlc-record-...) on the bottom. So far I have not seen such films here, so is there a way to get rid of it? Basically I already know where I will find whatever I recorded, so I don't have to be reminded of it. I have already tried out all the different buttons and menus, but did not find anything fitting.

Thanks to Fleur for pointing this forum out to me and also thanks to Ame for all the work he did explaining how to do! :thumbs:

Edit a few minutes later: now I found it myself! :headroll:
For those who read and ask the same question, it is in the settings section, chapter subtitles & OSD!
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

hi Felis :hi:
I copied the message from the pig :laugh:

it is simple.
You should always the first piece of film cut away ( about 5 or 10 sec )

You can do that by importing the movie into windows live movie maker and then flipping the first bit.
it looks even better without the black or green screen in the beginning
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

I've got a link / program for those , to convert videos in another format.

Format Factory
downloading here http://www.pcfreetime.com/
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Post by Felis silvestris »

Fleur wrote:hi Felis :hi:
I copied the message from the pig :laugh:

it is simple.
You should always the first piece of film cut away ( about 5 or 10 sec )

You can do that by importing the movie into windows live movie maker and then flipping the first bit.
it looks even better without the black or green screen in the beginning
Thanks for answering (and moving it here, the proper place). Did not see it before, as I am still quite new to everything and take time to look around and find things out and read interesting threads ...

The strange thing with using the films is, and I saw that today again, it's different for the two pig cams. Even the icons in my file are different, for the cam 1 films it looks like the traffic cone VLC uses, for the cam 2 films it is like a film stripe and does not have the green beginning. Go figure, as both cams open in the same player ...
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
Liis

Post by Liis »

A somewhat more general question: any idea for how long the image hosting sites keep images?

Here and there in the forums there are blank spaces (not counting the ones that came when storing images at LK disappeared).
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Liis, I can answer only about photobucket.
From the look of my bucket albums, they seem to keep them indefinitely.

If we are using the free version of photobucket, the only limitaion I know of is a limitation of bandwidth. If we upload too many images, and those images are viewed more than X limit, then we see those error notices for a short time. The images are then restored to normal function when the member's membership month is renewed again. So if your photobucket account started on the 15th of a month, and you reach their limit on the 7th of the next month, the images will be stopped until the 15 ofthe month. Then all is restored again.

Here is something from I don't know how many years ago!

NancyM
Site Admin

Post by NancyM »

:wave: In addition to the bandwidth issue that Jo mentioned, if someone reorganizes their photos (into new albums, for example), the links to the posts are broken and the picture will not appear. I use Flickr, which does not have a bandwidth issue, but again, if photos are moved around by the account owner, the links are broken.
alice44

Post by alice44 »

Additionally accounts can be deleted if they are not used. I am not sure exactly how that works but I think if I no longer access my free photobucket account (so I am not looking at the advertising), even if my images are still viewed, the account will at some point be deleted.
beans

Post by beans »

I appreciate the Pontu pictures posted in the forums here, but I don't know how to access them.

Would someone please write a tutorial on downloading this pictures? Because someone may ask this question later, does it make sense to have a dedicated thread in Tech Help for this tutorial? Then members can be given the link when they have questions.
Please help preserve wildlife and wildlife territories
beans

Post by beans »

Here's the answer, which was posted in the Estonian LSE thread:
ame wrote: for downloading you'll need some program from the internet. 0Hansen adviced me to download the Neodownloader. it can be found here:
http://www.neowise.com/neodownloader/
the amateur version will do unless you are busy and wish to download thounsands of files in a bulk (well actually we'd like that...)

for the Neodownloader you'll need to create a file that contains the addresses of the files that you wish to download. for us they are the addresses of the Pontu pictures which are of the form
*http://pontu.eenet.ee/tooni/2011-05-10/ ... -08-05.jpg*
there's a name for each minute of the day, so you'll need to create a list of addresses that contains them all starting from
*http://pontu.eenet.ee/tooni/2011-05-10/ ... -00-00.jpg
to
*http://pontu.eenet.ee/tooni/2011-05-10/ ... -23-59.jpg
using for example Wordpad. if you think it's too laborious i can sen you a list for one whole day as an attachment of an e-mail if you send your e-mail address in a pm. then all you need to do is to replace the date using the replace function in Wordpad for each date.

then with Neodownloader you'll create a project for downloading a day's worth of pictures in a desiganted file at a time. i think i have an older version which allows me to download a whole day at a time (24 times 60 files; that's over 1440 files isn't it?). i refused to update it to a newer version which only allows 300 files, so maybe you'll need to create more than one projects to cover a full day.

download the Neodownloader first and try to use it with an address list of your own. if you ahve problems please let me know and i'll try to help. Felis is using the same program so i think Felis can answers questions, too, if i'm away.

good luck! :thumbs:
Please help preserve wildlife and wildlife territories
asteria

Post by asteria »

Since the first page of the site changed I have got problems with opening webcams from it: I have to open them from the links in forum topics and can't do it from the main page of looduskalender. No idea why it happened but it is very unconvinient.
Whoever saves one life saves the world entire

Return to “Questions and Help”