Technical Questions

How this Forum Works - Questions and Answers

Moderator: ame

Maxie4Paws

Re.. Sharing Photo's from the form.

Post by Maxie4Paws »

Hope that someone can help me..There is a Facebook page made in memory of Stephi. there are many people on facebook that love her and i would love to share her life pictures of her. and i would like to know if its ok to use the pic that are on here on the form for her life. not useing all of them,just some. and saying that they are from her site. COULD SOMEONE HELP ME AS I DO NOT WANT TO DO ANYTHING THAT WOULD GET ME INTOUBLE. PLESE SOMEONE GET BACK WITH ME.. THANK U
Wil Muller

Post by Wil Muller »

I have not a technical question but I don't know were else to put it.
I am uploading video's to YouTube. Everything goes well except for one video I made from Tuuli&Remo. I got the message there is a copyrightclaim from soundmaker compagnies BMF Digital, IODA and Believe. I don't understand this because I didn't put sound in the video it is Stephi you hear. Has anyone this experience?

"Until it will show compassion for all living creatures, the man himself will not find peace" - Albert Schweitzer
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Post by Felis silvestris »

Hello Wil! I have had this a couple of times when I used the word "RD" - for raccoon dog - in my videos. There should be a link where you can state that in your video there is no music violating any rules. In my case the note was gone then.
Maybe it happens because there is a Finnish singer called "Tuuli".
If the link is not there, maybe there is another way to contact Youtube and clarify that you do not use music in your video!
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
Wil Muller

Post by Wil Muller »

Felis silvestris wrote:Hello Wil! I have had this a couple of times when I used the word "RD" - for racoon dog - in my videos. There should be a link where you can state that in your video there is no music violating any rules. In my case the note was gone then.
Maybe it happens because there is a Finnish singer called "Tuuli".
If the link is not there, maybe there is another way to contact Youtube and clarify that you do not use music in your video!

Thank you for your reaction. Yes there is a link and I have reacted already. I hope it all comes well. :slap:
"Until it will show compassion for all living creatures, the man himself will not find peace" - Albert Schweitzer
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

After filling those up I never ever heard from them again! Hope you won't as well! The message disappeared from the list as well!
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

Margossa

Post by Margossa »

Hello. Could someone help me with VLC player?
My screenshots are terrible. Why is a green screen?
I am sorry, my English is not good.

:help:
Margossa
Wil Muller

Post by Wil Muller »

Felis silvestris wrote:After filling those up I never ever heard from them again! Hope you won't as well! The message disappeared from the list as well!
Two claims are gone. The thirth is still thinking and well I have a new claim. :cry:
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Congratulations on two gone, I guess there is no help than filling out the thing for each new one. After all we know we are not using "forbidden" music for our nature videos!

Starling

Post by Starling »

:wave: I´m trying to learn to use VLC player. :blush:

How to watch several streams? If I want to watch 4 web cams at the same time, do I have to open VLC player 4 times too?? Or is there a better way? :puzzled:
Thanks! :innocent:
Wil Muller

Post by Wil Muller »

Starling wrote::wave: I´m trying to learn to use VLC player. :blush:

How to watch several streams? If I want to watch 4 web cams at the same time, do I have to open VLC player 4 times too?? Or is there a better way? :puzzled:
Thanks! :innocent:
:wave: @Starling: WOW you give great pictures and now you will give us videos. I am looking forward to it. You must have indead 4 webcams open at the same time if you watch any second. You can change it of course but than you have much delay time. Translating :banghead: Do you know the link for the VLC player? This is the link for Kalakotkas2 rtsp://193.40.133.138:80/live/kalakotkas2 for the other nest you change after /live the location.
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

You can open as many instances of VLC as you want or need. Over summer I had usually 8 or so open, and did not have problems, unless I did uploads to Youtube (or Mejuba) at the same time. The non-rtsp-streams (Kurg, Latvian LSE, Karu) get disturbed and VLC needs a restart sometimes.
The link-address for the cameras should be at the FIRST page of a forum thread, if it is not there, let me or one of the Admins know and we add it there!
Do you use Windows7? If you do and have "aero design" they are shown in small pictures at the bottom if you touch the VLC icon in your taskbar with your mouse! I find this very comfortable if I hear e. g. an eagle and want to see which nest cam I have to see.

Starling

Post by Starling »

Wil Muller wrote: :wave: @Starling: WOW you give great pictures and now you will give us videos. I am looking forward to it. You must have indead 4 webcams open at the same time if you watch any second. You can change it of course but than you have much delay time. Translating :banghead: Do you know the link for the VLC player? This is the link for Kalkotkas2 rtsp://193.40.133.138:80/live/kalakotkas2 for the other nest you change after /live the location.
:wave: Thanks Wil. Not videos yet. But who knows... maybe later. ;-) I know the stream addresses (or most of them). I couldn´t find the stream address from Kalev´s topic´s first page, but I guess it´s time to give up hoping to see Kalev anyway. :)

What I wanted to do is watch several "mms"-starting addresses. For example Latvian LSE-nest and Black stork nest (well, that is no longer available but anyway). So far I´ve used Windows Media Player, but it closes the other window when I open another "mms"-window. Bea showed her desktop in Latvian LSE-nest topic and it looked like she had one VLC open and 6 nests open there! :puzzled:

Now I managed to see two "mms"-nests when I opened VLC twice. So it is already a progress! :)

Felis, I have Windows 7. It just feels weird to open the same program so many times. Also, when I open a stream the screen is green for a short moment. Is this normal? Now I just wonder what is the "best" way to watch these web cams. Should I watch "mms"-nests only with VLC player and other nests normally in internet explorer. Or should I try to learn watch all the nests with VLC player. Is this a matter of personal taste or are there some advantages on VLC player that I don´t know yet... :puzzled:

Thanks again! :)
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Hello Starling!
I added the rtsp-Address to the site, even if the season is as good as over.

I think Bea showed her desktop, with all the open cameras arranged like that. But it is not really a problem to have them all open at the same time, unless you have a very slow PC. But even with my old one I could open more than one at once. And that's a really slow one. The "green" is normal, also if you start recording at some cams it will be green for the first few moments, they have a word for it at VLC which I have forgotten, but which they seem to be not able to get rid of. It also takes a few seconds before the cam starts the rtsp streams, so one has to be patient!
For recording, you have possibilities to change settings (Tools, preferences - also you can change to your language or to English, if you need help and the other one has to explain where and what, remember to make a restart before new settings are in effect!) You also can set the folder where you want your "snapshots" and videos saved, it took me a while the first time I used it, to locate them!
After I started using VLC I would not have wanted to give it back, it's so comfortable and has all necessary features like making videos and snapshots in one tool, no need to use snipping programs, or extra recording programs. When the first cam came without the VLC-compatible stream, we were thunderstruck, we did look for solutions but did not find one single giving all the necessary tools in one (and that free, without paying for the program).
Maybe, after some experimenting, you also will like it?

Starling

Post by Starling »

Yes, I need to give it some time definitely. :nod: It seems many of here are using VLC. And I already noticed and tried the snapshot and recording possibilities and they seemed to be fine. I wouldn´t say my computer is slow, but it is only a laptop. My biggest worry was it ok to run multiple VLC players at the same time and I didn´t like those "green" sticky starts. But now I don´t see any problems why not to try it more. Thank you! :wave:
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

At home I work with laptop(s) only, it's more than 6 years that I had access to a desktop here. And the one at work is definitely a lame thing compared to my laptop here!
If you have questions, come here and ask! Somebody will be here to answer, and I think there are already answered questions hidden here as well!

Bea

Post by Bea »

Starling :hi:

Yes, like Felis supposed, I showed you my active desctop with six VLC-Players opened. I had the same program - VLC - six times opened and running.

The mms-streams show up a bit faster than the cams with a rtsp-adress. It takes a few seconds until the rtsp-streams have "built up" and I also have a few blurry lines and green ones .... but then it runs like a train on rails :thumbs:

Give it a chance to get familiar with it - you will love it!
Nature does nothing in vain (Aristoteles)
Starling

Post by Starling »

I will for sure, Bea. Thank you too! :hi:
Manu

Post by Manu »

Thanks Starling to ask this questions. Your english is much better than mine and you could better explain.
I use also the Windows Media Player and have the same problems.
But now I hope my husband will help me (because I'm an amateur with computers) to install the VLC-Player :nod:
Thanks @ Felis and Bea for your help :thumbs:
NancyM
Site Admin

Post by NancyM »

Margossa wrote:Hello. Could someone help me with VLC player?
My screenshots are terrible. Why is a green screen?
I am sorry, my English is not good.

:help:
Margossa
Margossa, actually I cannot answer this question for you, but it has happened to me once or twice that the entire screen is bright green. I suspect it has something to do with poor transmission of the broadcast, or poor reception on your end.
Starling

Post by Starling »

This morning I´ve had 5 VLC players open. :thumbs: And I´ve done a couple of test recordings. (I haven´t had yet time to check them though.) No problems! :thumbs: Except Kalakotkas2-nest has been freezing (also watching with ie) and VLC has become green or grey every now and then, not only in the beginning. Maybe it´s a connection/ stream problem. :puzzled:
Now I can watch "karu cam" too. :2thumbsup: :bow:

Return to “Questions and Help”