Fleur

Re: Questions

Post by Fleur »

first....

- if you have downloaded a movie, then open with real player
- bottom image shows the menu.
You click Trim

- find the position where you want to cut

- then stay with the mouse on the image , then you see on the left set start, and on the right you see set end

- You will see the length of the movie

- finally click save Trim, and saves the movie in a folder, or put it on you tube

- good luck :laugh:
Sensyt

Post by Sensyt »

Welcome.
a member of the Polish newly registered.
For two years, the black stork preview on your website.
I was very interested in whether and if so, when you run the camera in the nest. I have some concerns after last season but I hope they are unfounded.
All Yours sincerely and hope for an answer.
PS. Sorry for language mistakes (if such) but I do not know the English language and writing through a translator.
Kuremari

Post by Kuremari »

Hello and welcome, Sensyt! :hi:
Black stork camera will be online for sure!
but when - this is another question( too much snow in forest now)...
we hope it will happen in the end of March... :D
Proud member of SHoW (StorkaHolics of the World)
edziks111

Post by edziks111 »

one question! i want put my own cam in my fores :? what i need to do what i need to buy and how much it may cost and cam could be not like taking video but only picture ?
and could someone give that picture were is have does this cam work and if one know some history about this cam could he say something abaut them :) who idea is that to put cam who do all that and so all
Sensyt

Post by Sensyt »

Thank you for the information Kuemari.
I'll be patiently waiting.
We have before us the whole season.
Yours sincerely.
macdoum

Post by macdoum »

edziks111 wrote:one question! i want put my own cam in my fores :? what i need to do what i need to buy and how much it may cost and cam could be not like taking video but only picture ?
and could someone give that picture were is have does this cam work and if one know some history about this cam could he say something abaut them :) who idea is that to put cam who do all that and so all
here is some information that will help;
http://www.hancockwildlife.org/article. ... lifeCamera

(lots of rules there and possibilities too..good luck :rolleyes: )
Carmel a member of SHOW .. I hope you love birds too. Its economical. It saves going to heaven.
Emily Dickinson
ame

Post by ame »

please can someone help me Youtube-Google is driving me grazy.... :help:
i've trying to learn how to record video today and i learned that recording a video is EASY compared to how to handle the stupid Youtube.. :banghead:
i've signed myself up there and uploded a 20-second video of swimming swans there. now i can't resign myself there to even try how to post a video here in the forum.
it keeps telling me that either my username or password is incorrect. i've checked them several times. i have evidence: i took screencaptures of every step of the registration procedure, in order to be able write down advice how others might be able sign themselves there. and now now i can't bl****y repeat the procedure myself! :banghead: :faint: :help:
NancyM
Site Admin

Post by NancyM »

ame, I have not had this problem of signing in to YouTube, but I checked their help pages and read this:

If you are unable to sign in with what you know to be your correct username and password, please ensure that you have cookies enabled. If your cookies are already enabled or enabling them doesn't resolve this issue, try the second process below: Clearing the browser's cache.

Check this page: http://www.google.com/support/youtube/b ... swer=55755

I am looking forward to seeing your videos :wave:
ame

Post by ame »

cookies...? cache...? :puzzled: :faint:
i'll try to find out about these in the morning, tomorrow. thanks bocianny! :wave:
NancyM
Site Admin

Post by NancyM »

ame wrote:cookies...? cache...? :puzzled: :faint:
i'll try to find out about these in the morning, tomorrow. thanks bocianny! :wave:
A "cookie" is a small piece of text stored on a user's computer by a web browser. A good cookie is one that will remember your preferences for a site - like logging in here at the forum, or on a shopping site, etc. Some cookies are not so nice - they are like spyware and are used to track your movements around the Internet.

If you use Firefox 3.6 as your browser, go to Tools>Options>Privacy ... I have mine set to "remember history" but if you click on "use custom settings for history" you will see several options. (or ...this page has instructions on making sure cookies are enabled: http://www.timeanddate.com/custom/cookiesmozilla.html )

If you use Internet Explore, this page has information: http://www.citycare.com/vehicles/cookies.cfm
or a Google search should find something to help.

The browser "cache" is a small piece of computer memory used to store frequently or recently used instructions or data. Sometimes the cache will remember old instructions and take you to an old version of a webpage. Then, someone will tell you to clear the cache - get rid of the old information - and start over.

In Firefox, choose Tools>Options>Clear download history and you can choose to clear the cache. Be careful that you do not delete more items than you want - if I mistakenly delete all cookies, then I have to reintroduce myself to every forum/website/bank page, etc that I routinely visit.
ame

Post by ame »

thanks Bociany, you make it sound so clear and understandable. :laugh: not like some nerds that have given me 'advice' in computer matters.

so the cookies today have nothing to do with the cookies there used to be in the previous century... then 'a cookie' was a kind of a 'joke of the day' which the central (and only!) computer at the University gave to person as a 'good morning'-greeting when you logged in the DEC-20. :mrgreen:

i'll go and see what kind of cookies my computer has in its closet and i'll try not to make a mess there. :wave:

btw: Yuotube gave me the same reply this morning as yesterday. Macdoum suspected (at WTE-nest) that there might have been some trouble with Youtube itself: there things were re-arranged yesterday and different...
ame

Post by ame »

i don't understand it. i still can't get in Youtube... for some reason i end up signing myself into Google and that works, but i don't understand how i got there in the first place. all i thought i did yesterday was to get a Youtube account. i thought i managed that but now i can't go there anymore. i didn't want to sign into Google but that's where i ended and there i can sign in now....
:dunno: :faint: :help:

there seems to be a problem about the username: is it my e-mail address of the 'pseudonym' i gave.. what the h* do Youtube and Google have to do with each other? :puzzled:
ame

Post by ame »

i can get signed in Google and i find my swanvideo from yesterday there. how can it be there? i thought i uploaded it in Youtube!? :puzzled:
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

@ I've tried this morning. I could just log in and upload a movie. Yesterday my computer clean, so it has nothing to do with cookies.
see my movie at seal forum ( and the explanation )
alice44

Post by alice44 »

Ame, I think google owns youtube and google video.

But the only thing I can think of is that you somehow have two youtube accounts and that, that is throwing a wrinkle into the waters (I think I have a separate book account for google books that I can no longer get in to). I have a youtube account although I have never thought to upload a video -- so I can vote and comment and the like. I think it is the simple things that computers confuse, which cause the most troubles.
ame

Post by ame »

Fleur wrote:@ I've tried this morning. I could just log in and upload a movie. Yesterday my computer clean, so it has nothing to do with cookies.
see my movie at seal forum ( and the explanation )
ok, i'll go and see what you've got there.

and Alice, i may quite well have made a mess there in the registration somehow... it was so complicated and i made a mistake in giving my phone number (who remembers one's own number!)... :slap:
ame

Post by ame »

now i've been there reading helps and answers to FAQs etc in Google/Youtube. i've found out that i'm being a bit too impatient maybe. i think i saw somewhere that it takes 24 hours before the Youtube account is activated... so far i'm getting a note saying that "sorry, you're not eligible to have an account." i opened the account after 3 pm yesterday, so i'll have to wait about 3 more hours. if it won't begin to work then i don't know what i will do... :bash: ...there should be nothing wrong in my 'eligibility'. i'm certainly old enough for example... :whistling:
alice44

Post by alice44 »

There is this song I remember
-- so simple, so very simple -- that only a child can do it.
NancyM
Site Admin

Post by NancyM »

ame, I see that you have conquered You Tube and now have two videos there! :2thumbsup:

I subscribed to your channel :nod:
ame

Post by ame »

thank you, Bociany! it was your instructions that gave me the final polish. :nod:
i'll try to document my procedure as long as i remember what i did. i took screencaptures of all the steps i did but my struggle with Youtube was a bit of a chaos.... i'm not quite sure what it was that i did differently when i finally dropped in there... :mrgreen:

signing in to Youtube turned out to be the tricky bit even though i thought that it would be a piece of cake, and the more difficult thing would be recording video. but no... it is so incredibly frustrating to be turned down time after time by a stupid machine even though you perfectly well know that there is no real reason... 8-)

Return to “Questions and Help”