Autumn in Finland

A photographic record of seasonal changes in your area.
Olga

Re: Autumn in Finland

Post by Olga »

Jo UK wrote:Olga, thank you for our forum squirrels. I love to see these well fed furries, so close and clear!
Thanks, Jo! I don't know where to put these photos I just can't help of taking if not here. I don't know why on earth i did not put one feeder close to the window in the earlier years, - maybe I feared that the birds don't like to come to eat so close to humans. That is not any problem. I'll do one feeder more for birds further from the window, in the apple tree. Squirrels are sometimes harmfull for birds, I know, but they have their place in the nature, without question - but perhaps not now in winter time they are not danger for birds, if I give food for both - not too much!! :rolleyes:
SHoW(StorkaHolics of the World)
alice44

Post by alice44 »

Olga wrote:Thanks, Jo! I don't know where to put these photos I just can't help of taking if not here. I don't know why on earth i did not put one feeder close to the window in the earlier years, - maybe I feared that the birds don't like to come to eat so close to humans. That is not any problem. I'll do one feeder more for birds further from the window, in the apple tree. Squirrels are sometimes harmfull for birds, I know, but they have their place in the nature, without question - but perhaps not now in winter time they are not danger for birds, if I give food for both - not too much!! :rolleyes:
You could start a winter in Finland thread :laugh:
Keep taking and posting the pictures -- I think you have the cutest squirrels ever!
macdoum

Post by macdoum »

Yes,like Alice I too would like to see more squirrel/birds in your garden Olga. :nod:
maybe we can even begin to tell who is who ? :thumbs:
Carmel a member of SHOW .. I hope you love birds too. Its economical. It saves going to heaven.
Emily Dickinson
Olga

Post by Olga »

12th December. Squirrel of the day :thumbs:

:shock: ..edit: I tryed five times to rezise the first picture, but it does not change! :shock: Not even a copy of it didn't change..I can't understand.. :puzzled:

Kuremari

Post by Kuremari »

Alice, i am with you 100% :D
not one day without a cute Finnish squirrel!
that would be a perfect scenery for a webcam :whistling: , look at the landscape, these trees and even a slight chance to see some nice Finnish Lapdogs( was this the breed Olga?)!
Proud member of SHoW (StorkaHolics of the World)
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

I made a Winter in Finland topic for OUR squirrels, and anything else that turns up from Finland!

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=166

Olga, do you want to put some of the December pics there? Not all, of course, Maybe the last 2 days?
Olga

Post by Olga »

Oh, just now I noticed that I could have put more pictures of the last days there on the new Squirrel Thread. I can do it later also??.. Why not. I could make a short 'history' and make a note 'History-pictures on those pics. I have also some pictures which I have not yet put anywhere. I was a bit unsure that I had stolen the whole topic.. :mrgreen: ..('too much Squirrels on the thread for a Finnish season Topic'.)

I'll do it when I have more time. I may happen that Squirrels do not com each day to this feeder. There are also other feeders around the house. Some of them are only for birds (hanging in the air).

I wish that now that Squirrels have their own thread also other members from Finland put their photos here! There is much to see in the nature of the Finnish seasons, also in the winter time!! Please. :2thumbsup:
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Olga, please don't worry about "stealing the topic" Anyone else can post here, and anyone else can have a new thread, too. There is room for all, including out squirrels! :laugh:

Return to “Seasons”