Spring in Surrey, British Columbia

A photographic record of seasonal changes in your area.
Liis

Re: Spring in Surrey, British Columbia

Post by Liis »

Beautiful tulips - don't you have any helpful deer around?! Some look like that lovely lily-flowered kind.
Trees in Stockholm show a just barely visible green haze. But everything comes at lightning speed. The ginkgo has some curious, red, claw-like buds.
My tulips in the dragged-around garage-door pots managed to get flowering, just now too, 26 of them in a 30-cm diameter pot (2 layers!). Thought they would be white, turned out pale yellow; "moonlight" would probably be the imaginative catalogue description.
A silly enterprise, of course, when pots of narcissi for instance ready to flower can be bought in spring at 1/5-1/10 of the price of bulbs in autumn. But it so lovely seeing them grow, even when they threatened to outgrow themselves in the garage and it was -10 outside.
HelenD

Post by HelenD »

Well yesterday I noticed that the outdoor pool across the road from my house had been filled. Brrr. It is still very cool here and far too cold to be swimming outdoors! But, according to the City of Surrey, when the pool is full it is ..... SUMMER!!! :laugh: I will post a photograph this weekend.
Helen
macdoum

Post by macdoum »

hdarbysh wrote:Well yesterday I noticed that the outdoor pool across the road from my house had been filled. Brrr. It is still very cool here and far too cold to be swimming outdoors! But, according to the City of Surrey, when the pool is full it is ..... SUMMER!!! :laugh: I will post a photograph this weekend.
They are probably cheating and heating the pool. :rotf:
:dunno: ..still you have to run to get in and run again when you get out. :mrgreen:
( unless you have 26°C there,at least.!)
Carmel a member of SHOW .. I hope you love birds too. Its economical. It saves going to heaven.
Emily Dickinson
HelenD

Post by HelenD »

Poppies in the garden! Although I sowed red and pink seeds, all that came up were yellow ones!

This is the view down the street towards the North Shore Mountains. Mostly the trees are conifiers towards this end of the street.

The swimming pool! It is unheated and I must confess I have never been in it. Sometimes we get a run of 30+ degree C weather in the Summer for 4 - 5 days, but by then the pool is jammed with little children! My house is down on the left of the photo.
Helen
alice44

Post by alice44 »

That looks like the sort of pool I swam in as a kid
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Same here, Alice. Do you remember how cold it was? :laugh:

Return to “Seasons”