Spring and Summer in Finland

A photographic record of seasonal changes in your area.
Olga

Re: Spring and Summer in Finland

Post by Olga »

Some more photos from yesterday morning, and a zoomed detail, there seems to be a wound on the right, close to the shoulder:

SHoW(StorkaHolics of the World)
Olga

Post by Olga »

The same squirrel boy as in the previous photos today, the one who visited between 7:00 and 7:30 yesterday morning:

8 photos in time order..

In the photo below he looks like Silk ear a lot, but I am for 100% sure that it is the same squirrel in all photos before 8:00!

After this photo, below, at 07:58, he left.

The next squirrel I saw at 15:00.

(I was not at home 9:00 to 14:00)
Olga

Post by Olga »

Squirrels from the 24th August, continues

At 15:00 appeared a female squirrel. I know now this squirrel! She has been there on the feeder quite often, and I have believed several times that she is Silk ear. No, she is an other squirrel. How long time she has visited I don't know for sure, not yet..

There was the nut puzzle still. But not for a longer time because this squirrel was furious to get the nuts out and into her stomach... :D

Olga

Post by Olga »

It took five minutes and the nuts were vanished.

Olga

Post by Olga »

continues:

Having solved the nut puzzle she stayed on the feeder and ate the rest of the nuts.

This female squirrel has some injury, I don't know to describe it in English, a 'lesion'? Alice has noticed it earlier. It looks different to the scar that Silk ear had (it has almost wholly healed). Some pictures where the 'injury' can be seen:

Other photos of her that afternoon 24th August.

She left at 15:04
Olga

Post by Olga »

continues, squirrels of yesterday afternoon:

At 16:00 returned the same male squirrel as early in the morning.

There he comes:

- What do me eyes see! Nuts must be there somewhere...

He was there only about for 5-6 minutes. The wound on his arm close to the shoulder on the right can be seen. Maybe later I cannot recognize him anymore when the wound has vanished...

Some 17 photos follow. Many of them seems to resemble each other, but they are not 'copies'! 8-)

For the moment I have no time write the 'talks' and 'thoughts of the squirrel. I'll write them later!! :nod:

I'll go to feed dogs...

- Well, I didn't find the nuts...hm..

Look, my little stomach is empty!

- Good water, it's ood to have some fresh water before eating nuts..

- Better than nothing..

continues..
Olga

Post by Olga »

Continues..
there was no nuts left for him. He took one Sun flower seed, ate it and looked at 'me' (the lens) :nod: .. all the time!

- Eh..did you notice that I am here?

- Where are my nuts?

- She can't understand me! Poor of me..

- All right, let's eat what there is... but I like more nuts!

continues..
Olga

Post by Olga »

continues .. (squirrels from the 24th August afternoon)

- Hi! Can you see me?

- I know she can see me.. I am a nice squirrel! Look, I eat also Sun flower seeds but, you know..

- Hi, camoon, please..

- No? She does not react.. is she there or not??

continues..
Olga

Post by Olga »

continues,

about at 16:03

- Nuts would make so good to my stomach..

- Oh, no, there are almost mere covers for me.. I am starving soon..

- Dear lady, have you foresaken us ? :cry: I am a poor hungry squirell,please can I have some nuts ? or just one,or two ? :bow:

- So, this the life of me, a little squirrel. One can never know.. But I will return!!

After the last photo he decided to leave..
Olga

Post by Olga »

Continues (from yesterday, 24th August afternoon)

at 17:00

It was cloudy, soon begun to rain..

Silk ear herself:

Oh, no nuts this evening! I see!

- Where did you hide my nuts?

Olga

Post by Olga »

Those were the squirrels yesterday! One sweet young looking male, two females, the other one perhaps a younger one too, and Silk ear.

Silk ear took some water and left. Then the Great tits returned at once. Soon I saw again the male squirrel searching nuts, but because there were none, he left.

Olga

Post by Olga »

Today 25th August I have not been that much behind the lens. I took some photos of Silk ear, and some of the elder dog, from the window. We had played with his favorite ball on the lawn.

good night :sleep:
macdoum

Post by macdoum »

Olga wrote:continues,

about at 16:03

After the last photo he decided to leave..
Dear lady,have you foresaken us ? :cry: I am a poor hungry squirell,please can I have some nuts ? or just one,or two ? :bow:
How can you resist such a forlorn look.! :D
He has beautiful colours... his front is sooo white.. :nod:
Carmel a member of SHOW .. I hope you love birds too. Its economical. It saves going to heaven.
Emily Dickinson
macdoum

Post by macdoum »

The 2nd female squirell seems to be feeding babies now.

But we must say a word about your oldest dog (? name)...I am very,very sorry the vet. thinks he is too old.... but it is impossible to say goodbye to a beloved animal.
It is very painful for the owner. We are never prepared to say goodbye,even to our animals,let alone our family or friends.
I know,only once we had to take our dog to the vet for The Injection it is :shock: awful experience.
If he is not suffering.. let it be.. let his life circle decide,in his own time and place.
We will keep him in our thoughts.
Carmel a member of SHOW .. I hope you love birds too. Its economical. It saves going to heaven.
Emily Dickinson
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

I watch and read every day the story about Silk.
As beautiful as you can tell about his experiences.

The photos show how well Silk with you
Olga

Post by Olga »

Thank, you Fleur! It was a surprise for me that squirrels are so fine beings, so lively and expressive, and interesting to follow. I wish I am not intervening too much in their life!! I just can't stop watching them. Soon it will be fall, and nights will be turn gold. I can't wait when their fur begins to change and the ear tassels grow! :laugh:
Olga

Post by Olga »

macdoum wrote:The 2nd female squirell seems to be feeding babies now.

But we must say a word about your oldest dog (? name)...I am very,very sorry the vet. thinks he is too old.... but it is impossible to say goodbye to a beloved animal.
It is very painful for the owner. We are never prepared to say goodbye,even to our animals,let alone our family or friends.
I know,only once we had to take our dog to the vet for The Injection it is :shock: awful experience.
If he is not suffering.. let it be.. let his life circle decide,in his own time and place.
We will keep him in our thoughts.
Thank you Macdoum! My vet was so serious.. But he does not know how we are here at home together with Girju (it's a name from Sami language and it means 'multicolored', in his kennel card it is said his color is 'brindle'). I am in contact with him all the time, know how he is where he is, what he needs next.. hah.. meal!!! :laugh: He has a very good appetite, one has to addmit.

We live now one day and one week at time, I don't think about the future, nor he either! As long as he is able to walk and eat e.g. and we have a good relation, we will let him be.. I will of course not accept any suffer to him.. For the moment there seemingly is none of something like it..
macdoum

Post by macdoum »

My love to Girgu and his lady Olga..you have said it all. Live and let live. :2thumbsup:
Emily Dickinson
alice44

Post by alice44 »

Olga,
Back to your story telling.
When I envision you writing this story I imagine a sort of year in the life of a squirrel story, with lots of natural history and a little science -- told from the point of view of one squirrel -- probably Silk Ear. It would have to be fiction, but based on how squirrels really behave. I love the way you capture the way a squirrel might think of you and the dogs.

And as to our pets -- cats or dogs -- they are with us all the time, in good times and bad, and the attachment goes both directions.
Olga

Post by Olga »

alice44 wrote:Olga,
Back to your story telling.
When I envision you writing this story I imagine a sort of year in the life of a squirrel story, with lots of natural history and a little science -- told from the point of view of one squirrel -- probably Silk Ear. It would have to be fiction, but based on how squirrels really behave. I love the way you capture the way a squirrel might think of you and the dogs.

And as to our pets -- cats or dogs -- they are with us all the time, in good times and bad, and the attachment goes both directions.
Yes, to make a little book of squirrels is a good idea. There could be just some minimalistic 'happenings' from the point of view of 'Silk ear' and of the thinking of her and perhaps of her 'relatives'. To adults the photos could tell more than to children. The science would not be that important, not the number one..I have to put the idea to develop in my 'active mind' (hope have still simething like that.. :innocent: ) ...somehow, I don't know. Perhaps I could make the first 'book' just by using PC and printer!

BTW, there are quite a lot photos waiting to be put here.. but, I am bit busy for the moment..

The fall is coming fast! My tomatoes are still green and soon will there be here too cold for them! The temperature may fall under 0 C when ever in the night..

Some photos from the latest summer in the garden will follow.. (squirrel photos have to wait..)

Return to “Seasons”