Finnish Fall 2010

A photographic record of seasonal changes in your area.
Olga

Re: Finnish Fall 2010

Post by Olga »

Tits waiting

SHoW(StorkaHolics of the World)
Olga

Post by Olga »

At 15:05 today:

What if we have 'two' Charleys?? :laugh:

Olga

Post by Olga »

After 15:00 I was about to begin to clean the feeder, change the water etc, but the baby was back!

Tsee-tsee

- What??

Twee!

What? What did it say?

Olga

Post by Olga »

The baby squirrel did not the tits disturb, it just continued eating..

Olga

Post by Olga »

At last he/she left. I opened the window to take the water bowl in.. There it was, on the ground close to the corner. I took camera, but.. 'find the squirrel'! :D

Olga

Post by Olga »

The next visitor around 17:00 - 17:30:

It was getting too dark...
Olga

Post by Olga »

The last visitor of today:

If this one is not Charley, who is it ??

If he is Charley who is then this one,

viewtopic.php?p=81994#p81994

...it looks so familiar! Both of them do that.. omg, this is difficult! :blush: :nod:

It was about 19:00 when I took these two photos, all other photos were totally blurred..

macdoum

Post by macdoum »

Olga wrote:At 15:05 today:

What if we have 'two' Charleys?? :laugh:
I look at the attitude and think Charley.. but now I am totally confused. If Olga has two Charleys then we are all mystified.
:rotf: ~~ :slap: ~~~ :help:

But I love the photo of "The Queue" of Tits.
Carmel a member of SHOW .. I hope you love birds too. Its economical. It saves going to heaven.
Emily Dickinson
leonia

Post by leonia »

macdoum wrote:But I love the photo of "The Queue" of Tits.
:peek: Me too!
Hello Olga, if you have installed more feeders as you said you wanted to, you will have to run around from window to window to follow what happens! :rolleyes:

I know it's difficult and depends on connection to the web, existing hard- and software, knowledge and money, but: what about installing a webcam? 8-)
alice44

Post by alice44 »

As to web cams I understand that for just you and maybe one or two friends to watch they are pretty easy -- but if more people find out and try to watch it becomes impossibly expensive.

Of course I expect the whole thing would be like magic for me, but ...

Maybe along with a new camera St Nicholas could find you a cam, which you could use to check up on the squirrels while you are out.

(or maybe somebody like St Basil could bring you the cam, just so as to not tire poor old Nicholas out)
Olga

Post by Olga »

Macdoum, we could call the other Charley 'tassel Charley' and the other one just Charley! :innocent:

I will buy a new camera before long.. But perhaps it should be bought at same time when I get the new PC. There will be more pixels on photos, and my old PC has not capability enough..

A web cam for squirrels would so a great thing, but.. well, Alice was right, it is not so easy to set and adjust, to maintain nor too cheep.. And on the other hand squirrels are not always there and it happens that only one squirrel visits in one day. Well, 5-6 birds are there always, all in all I suppose there are about 20-25 regularly eating tits..
Olga

Post by Olga »

I saw only two squirrels today. Is this Anja? Silk ear it is not, nor Tassel Charley or Charley.. hm..

Olga

Post by Olga »

Silk ear hiding nuts:

Batteries of my camera run out just when Silk ear returned to take more nuts.. :unsure: She has now some 5-7 small gray furry marks on her body here and there, and to me they seem to be on same places where she had scars.. Let us hope they are not sign of something worse, but just new fur growing on the healed scars!

I will keep my eyes on her!

macdoum

Post by macdoum »

Hi, Olga,thank you for more photos and puzzles.. Of the two Charleys,I think one is Bud ? :puzzled: I have his print here and I think so.
Don't worry yourself about webcams..your photographs are very good,even your camera is O.K. too,but.. if you would like a new one from Father Christmas,St Basil or St,Nicholas..why not. :rolleyes: .. :D
I suppose the feed for the birds and squirrels is going to break your bank anyway. :slap:
A new computer is always a great event. :nod:
Carmel a member of SHOW .. I hope you love birds too. Its economical. It saves going to heaven.
Emily Dickinson
leonia

Post by leonia »

Hello Olga, Carmel and all other fans of Olga's squirrels:
it was no serious suggestion to install a web cam. I know that this means a lot of money and very difficult work. It only referred to the information, to install more feeders round the house so that the different squirrels won't harm others in jealouy about food. :nod:
Sorry if this was misstakable :bow:
alice44

Post by alice44 »

I think a cam is a lovely dream -- probably just a dream, but still lovely.

(My dad is always harassing me that the only way to get me to see stuff round here would be to install a cam! I do have rats or voles running about on my grape arbour. They are too quick for me but with a cam...)

I think it is funny that there are three great tits waiting on a Blue tit (that is what it is, isn't?)

And I really adore that baby squirrel squishing himself (herself) up into the bird's shelf -- it sort of looks like for safety.
Olga

Post by Olga »

macdoum wrote:Hi, Olga,thank you for more photos and puzzles.. Of the two Charleys,I think one is Bud ? :puzzled : I have his print here and I think so.
Don't worry yourself about webcams..your photographs are very good,even your camera is O.K. too,but.. if you would like a new one from Father Christmas,St Basil or St,Nicholas..why not. :rolleyes: .. : D
I suppose the feed for the birds and squirrels is going to break your bank anyway. :slap:
A new computer is always a great event. :nod:
:thumbs: Macdoum, you are right! Very probable it was Bud! I was so 'conservative' and waited that Bud sits always in same position! :laugh: Thanks heaven seeds and nuts are not too expensive! There will be more tits than last winter, Great tits, Blue tits and hopefully some other tits too ( I have seen a couple of times a Willow tit)! Now they have used to visit and eat around our house, I am responsible to not let the feeder become empty!
Olga

Post by Olga »

leonia wrote:Hello Olga, Carmel and all other fans of Olga's squirrels:
it was no serious suggestion to install a web cam. I know that this means a lot of money and very difficult work. It only referred to the information, to install more feeders round the house so that the different squirrels won't harm others in jealouy about food. :nod:
Sorry if this was misstakable :bow:
The two other feeders I can see from the kitchen window. I may take some photos sometimes just looking from window.. well, the photos shall not be very close zoomed, but it depends on how my new camera is like.. we will see.
Olga

Post by Olga »

alice44 wrote:I think a cam is a lovely dream -- probably just a dream, but still lovely.

(My dad is always harassing me that the only way to get me to see stuff round here would be to install a cam! I do have rats or voles running about on my grape arbour. They are too quick for me but with a cam...)

I think it is funny that there are three great tits waiting on a Blue tit (that is what it is, isn't?)

And I really adore that baby squirrel squishing himself (herself) up into the bird's shelf -- it sort of looks like for safety.
Yes, she/he has looked like making her/himself as small as possible, and like 'motionless'. But today the baby made new gestures!

one photo to taste..
:loveshower:

More, about 25, photos a bit later :shake:

Olga

Post by Olga »

One beautiful Fall afternoon of a very young squirrel, almost a baby. This is the first Fall of his/her life! It was on the feeder about 15 minutes after 12:00.

25 photos follow

Return to “Seasons”