Winter in Finland 2010 - 11

A photographic record of seasonal changes in your area.
Olga

Re: Winter in Finland 2010 - 11

Post by Olga »

test:

One squirrel on the feeder, yesterday at 10:00

Who are you?? :help:

I managed to add one photo here with the new PC :faint: Everything has changed! :cry:
SHoW(StorkaHolics of the World)
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Olga, when I changed from Windows XP to Windows 7, everything looked different. I still don't know where to find some things. Where have they hidden System Restore, for instance? (not that I need it)

Finding all the favourite links and setting up passwords was a time consuming thing, too!

If you get stuck with anything, just ask. Someone here will know the answer!
Olga

Post by Olga »

Thank you for compassion, Jo! There are so many differences that I don't know from where to begin. :dunno: Anyway I found and uploaded the Image Resizer for Windows back.. :D But it seems that this new version makes automatically 884x480 'small' (?) pictures. Well, it seems also that the 'Custom' size toy does remember what I wrote there..Good!

I used to have a Wordpad-page on the desktop, to make fast temporary notes for example to put the image codes from photobucket in order there, before adding them here. I have to find something like that..
Olga

Post by Olga »

Ah! :D All right! Also photobucket behaves a bit different but it has nothing to do with my new PC. There was some kind of reformation there for a couple of days ago. My old PC was very slow and to use photobucket was sometimes like torture.

Some more photos from yesterday:

at 10:00 the little squirrel boy was eating the apple :rolleyes:

leonia

Post by leonia »

Hello Olga, congratulations for taiming your new Computer! :bash: :rant:

The little squirrel boy seemes to me to be Smiley. The pictures are so nice, we like them very much! :thumbs:
Olga

Post by Olga »

Yes, you are right! Our Smiley is a male, a rather young one I think.. He was there also today at 15:00

(this time the pics became a bit small.. :puzzled:

macdoum

Post by macdoum »

It's good Olga that you have conquered the new computer. :D
:puzzled: Am I dreaming I saw some video links from Leonia here earlier today ?
I just came back to look at them and they are nowhere to be seen.. :cry:

Thank you Olga for the photos of today (21st) :thumbs:
Carmel a member of SHOW .. I hope you love birds too. Its economical. It saves going to heaven.
Emily Dickinson
leonia

Post by leonia »

macdoum wrote: :puzzled: Am I dreaming I saw some video links from Leonia here earlier today ?
I just came back to look at them and they are nowhere to be seen.. :cry:
Hello Carmel, it was in the Picnic Ground-thread, but here they come (the second one wasn't there): :wave:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vav-usqoveU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0LQr6--u-c
The net is hanging a bit lower now and the squirrel is coming more often:

Sorry, Olga, it's your thread. It's only because Carmel was searching for the links! :bow:
alice44

Post by alice44 »

I could not remember which thread it was and then I forgot to go look. :blush:

Good thing you remembered where you put it :headroll:
Olga

Post by Olga »

leonia wrote: Hello Carmel, it was in the Picnic Ground-thread, but here they come (the second one wasn't there): :wave:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vav-usqoveU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0LQr6--u-c
The net is hanging a bit lower now and the squirrel is coming more often:

Sorry, Olga, it's your thread. It's only because Carmel was searching for the links! :bow:
It is all right! Thanks for the good news from the Squirrel abroad! :laugh:
Olga

Post by Olga »

It is real real winter, and it came early this year. -8 C!

It's dark. Is it the same Squirrel as yesterday :puzzled:

at 14:00

macdoum

Post by macdoum »

Oh dear Olga,so cold so soon. :slap: In pic No.3 the squirrel is looking at you..seems to say Hello,its cold here.!
Thanks to leonia for the links. :hi:
Carmel a member of SHOW .. I hope you love birds too. Its economical. It saves going to heaven.
Emily Dickinson
Olga

Post by Olga »

:wave: A view to the feeder in late evening. All squirrels are sleeping in their own comfortable and secret nests in the forest high up in spruces and pines! Their soft and furry tail is warming their toes and belly, and nose!

There are now two small lamps lighting the feeder!

Olga

Post by Olga »

7 second's photo to the forest in the night - I have added light in the sky a bit

with flash and automat

macdoum

Post by macdoum »

Wow Olga,you are showing us more of your talent with the camera.. (whatever you say i.e.the pictures are not good :puzzled: I think they are excellent. :nod: )
I can just imagine the creatures hiding there in the forest waiting to pounce on the one who ventures into the darkness.. :shock: ..~~ :D
Emily Dickinson
Olga

Post by Olga »

EDIT: :thumbs: Happy Birthday, Carmel! :laugh:

:wave: Thanks macdoum! It's only that I have seen so wonderful and very sharp photos of snowy forest in the night. I wish that Father Christmas will help me. My camera has begun to take more and more very curious blurred photos. This one is the best of the single Squirrel I saw today:

Smiley again :D

I saw two squirrels jumping on the parking place. Soon they climbed back to the spruce there.

Half of my photos look this.. :help:

leonia

Post by leonia »

Hello Olga,

your surely right, that last one looks awful and frustrating, though the other pictures are wonderful as ever. Do you have the possibility to give the cam to a repair service? Maybe it's only the sensor, that broke down? :book:

PS: I had several visits today from our squirrel, because I served walnuts (from last year's harvest) as well. But then a crow attacked it because of those walnuts. Don't know if it was a good idea, to put them there. :puzzled:
Olga

Post by Olga »

leonia wrote:Hello Olga,

your surely right, that last one looks awful and frustrating, though the other pictures are wonderful as ever. Do you have the possibility to give the cam to a repair service? Maybe it's only the sensor, that broke down? :book:

PS: I had several visits today from our squirrel, because I served walnuts (from last year's harvest) as well. But then a crow attacked it because of those walnuts. Don't know if it was a good idea, to put them there. :puzzled:
Oh, what happened then? I hope that the crow did not harm the squirrel!
If the squirrel could go hiding 'behind or inside the feeder' (some little wooden box..how to describe :puzzled: - hm..

It could be something like that... some censor does not work properly anymore.. :puzzled: My camera is a seven year old pocket cam. It is not worth to be repaired. It is only one month till Christmas!

Please, tell me if you have seen the squirrel after the attack.. :unsure:
macdoum

Post by macdoum »

:D Thank you for the birthday greetings OLga :bow:

I see now what you mean about the camera..it surely has a problem but how come the other photos are O.K. ?
Yes its time for Christmas to hurry to your aid. Have you studied the kind you want ?
Have a peek on internet to see...it would be a shame if Father Christmas made a mistake and brought you the wrong camera !! You have to tell him precisely which one you would like.... that is if you have been very good all the year.. :rolleyes: We can all give you an attestation to say how good you have been.. there's Charley,Bud,Smiley,Silk Ear and Oscar too. :rotf: ( and Anja too..but has she moved off the Squirrel-hill with Silk Ear ?.. have the females moved ? :puzzled: )
Emily Dickinson
leonia

Post by leonia »

Hello Olga,
yes, I have seen the squirrel after the attack of the crow (a carrion crow, Corvus corone). And I had a stern plea to the crow: I went to the window and opened it, the crow flew into the next tree and I told her not to come back again. :whistling:
But I'm sure the crow is hungry too and so I have to be on the alert . . . :mrgreen:

Return to “Seasons”