Spring and Summer 2011 in Finland

A photographic record of seasonal changes in your area.
Olga

Re: Spring and Summer 2011 in Finland

Post by Olga »

:loveshower: The previous squirrel resembles a squirrel we used to call Anja by name:

Three pics form last summer and fall.
Anja's profile is like roundish, or how to say. I use to recognize her last year quite well from these traits (and she had also a certain scar of a wound)

She had no tassels in summer time!

August 28th 2010, Anja

September 20th, 2010:

---
SHoW(StorkaHolics of the World)
Olga

Post by Olga »

So, its the Firs May, and it seems that several squirrels have been running around here again. The third squirrel appeared at 18:00! :gathering: They too like to do picnics in the First May!

This one is almost brown..isn't it.

Olga

Post by Olga »

..continues, the almost brown squirrel:

Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Post by Felis silvestris »

:loveshower:
I'm really in love with your squirrels!
And the woodpecker, fearing not to get his share ... :rotf:
But they still have a lot of their winter coat! Maybe they still don't believe it's really spring?

I also love how your dog was looking out! :loveshower:
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
Olga

Post by Olga »

:D Hi Felis silvetris!

It was so a cold day today! Sun was shining, + 7, but there was here some snow fall and we got stone hails, too.

Felis silvestris
Site Admin

The hails looks really cold - brrr!
We had somewhat mixed weather yesterday, finally some much needed rain in the afternoon. All in all it's much too dry as the snow is gone for a very long time and since then it was not raining much. Strange to say, but we would need a few days of good rain!
I have one final holiday today, but only to go to my dentist for my check-up. :faint:
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

Olga

Post by Olga »

Felis silvestris wrote:The hails looks really cold - brrr!
We had somewhat mixed weather yesterday, finally some much needed rain in the afternoon. All in all it's much too dry as the snow is gone for a very long time and since then it was not raining much. Strange to say, but we would need a few days of good rain!
I have one final holiday today, but only to go to my dentist for my check-up. :faint:

Today we have only +5. :slap: Also our nature needs a good and a long time rain - water, water!!
Most part of the huge amount of snow just disappeared in the air, in two weeks.
I hope that your dentist does not find anything too bad, and you will survive! :thumbs:
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

:wave:
We've had a very cold day today, the wind came straight from Scandinavia (as my radio told me in the morning) and they expect subzero temperatures for this night. In the beginning of May we have a weather condition "Leo dictionary" explains like this:
in German-speaking countries: according to popular belief a period in May with increased likelihood of night frost falling on the feast days of certain saints thus jointly nicknamed 'Frost Saints'
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_Saints

that's why I have not yet planted anything on my balcony. Most people have used the fine weather we've had the last few weeks to already start their flowers and I've heard that some have lost at least part of their plants.
I'm growing tomatoes from seeds every year and I think by now they should be big enough to go out, but I'll wait unti the Saints are over.

Dentist went well, no problems, thank god. I'm so frightened to go :faint:

Olga

Post by Olga »

Good evening :wave:

I have been driving in three different towns today, ( to the dog trimmer,a flea market, a garden shop etc). I came home and and took dogs inside. Very soon after that it came, the same squirrel we have seen the first May!

She (I think it is a she, and her roundish profile reminds me of 'Anja'. And also her way to stop eating at whiles and just like meditate for some minutes makes me think, that this squirrel could be the Anja. This was typical to Anja, anyway.

She came at 17 and left after 20 minutes.

4 1356
Olga

Post by Olga »

Olga

Post by Olga »

Olga

Post by Olga »

Before she left, she jumped upwards and sniffed the fat ball, the one that is so important to a wood pecker couple ( :thumbs: the other one of them is there now for the moment when I am 'fighting with photobucket..it is making huge pictures again..I don't get.. :puzzled: )

Ah, I like fat balls, too..
macdoum

Post by macdoum »

Thank you Olga for all the squirrel photos and the videos.
I am happy to see that they are slowly coming back to the feeder...and sharing with the woodpecker too.!
Happy too to see the spring flowers and green grass again.
:D
Carmel a member of SHOW .. I hope you love birds too. Its economical. It saves going to heaven.
Emily Dickinson
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

So nice and peaceful, a good ending for the otherwise exciting evening at the cams! :wave:
I have not even finished my dinner, it sits half eaten next to me :faint:

macdoum

Post by macdoum »

Olga wrote:Good evening :wave:
!
She (I think it is a she, and her roundish profile reminds me of 'Anja'. And also her way to stop eating at whiles and just like meditate for some minutes makes me think, that this squirrel could be the Anja. This was typical to Anja, anyway.

4 1356
Olga I do think this is ANJA..I see the scar on her left cheek. :nod:
I am glad to see she survived the winter again. :headroll:
Carmel a member of SHOW .. I hope you love birds too. Its economical. It saves going to heaven.
Emily Dickinson
Olga

Post by Olga »

:shake: It's Anja!

She visited at 17:00 today.

Two videos of Anja with music:

Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Sooooo sweeeet!

I came across something terribly kitschy today, but when I saw I could not resist buying it! Thought I send you a special greeting:

It says: Affectionate Greetings from the Squirrel-Region :laugh: :wave:

Olga

Post by Olga »

:wave: Felis silvestris, thank you very much for the Special greeting! I appreciate it, it really warms my old heart!! :nod:

I send to you these photos which I took of Anja just before I took the videos!

13 pictures.

Her scars on the right side of her body and neck are seen quite well. There are like holes on her fur at the same places she used to have wounds in last August 2010. But she has survived, and she ate in all peace, a bit alertt she was, but she had good appetite!

at 16:50, there are some seconds between the pohtos:

continues..
Olga

Post by Olga »

Olga

Post by Olga »

Return to “Seasons”