Spring and Summer 2011 in Finland

A photographic record of seasonal changes in your area.
Olga

Re: Spring and Summer 2011 in Finland

Post by Olga »

The reality, like the one of Romeo and Julia:

SHoW(StorkaHolics of the World)
Lussi05

Post by Lussi05 »

Olga wrote:The reality, like the one of Romeo and Julia

Olga, what a hit :rotf: - they are so cute :loveshower:
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Post by Felis silvestris »

The two dogs are really cute! Reminds me of a German fairy tale "Rapunzel - let down your hair" :mrgreen:

My cat also does not like thunderstorms, she is hiding under the dining table. Seems to be the safest place in the house :mrgreen: She also don't like fireworks. In summer we sometimes have close by when there are events, of on New Year's Eve. That's horror for her and the first new Year's Eve she actually sat on the window sill and watched them together with us.

I looked now, but I don't have any of the squirrel trying to get more than one nut. Generally I don't have a camera with me at work and those time I took it, it apparently did not happen.
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
Olga

Post by Olga »

:hi: The roof tiles have to be cleaned now in the summer, and that's why squirrels do not visit normally.

Smiley:

Eyesterday she was there having water after breakfast:

The next one was Smiley, the most regular visitor nowadays:
Olga

Post by Olga »

Smiley, yesterday at 11:17

Olga

Post by Olga »

I think she looks just good! There is the 'stick' ( a fir needle, it could be it..) still to see, like a thin thorn.

--

Some more pics of Smiley, today in the afternoon:

Olga

Post by Olga »

I made some mistake when naming the videos.. :blush:

It is all right:

here is the video of Smiley. Nappu came silent under the feeder and Smiley climbed to the roof to be safe. That's better of course.

Smiley, she looks just the same but the last ear fur have vanished. I didn't want to talk about next fall yet, but it will be interesting to see the ear tassels again then :laugh:

macdoum

Post by macdoum »

Lovely phots of 'Romeo and Juliet'... :rotf:
Nappu is looking very handsome. :nod:

I am surprised Smiley has not scratched out that pine-needle from her face. :puzzled:

:wave:
Carmel a member of SHOW .. I hope you love birds too. Its economical. It saves going to heaven.
Emily Dickinson
alice44

Post by alice44 »

Olga wrote:I made some mistake when naming the videos.. :blush:

Given about half a chance I would kidnap this puppy. She is adorable and clearly I like these dogs.
Olga

Post by Olga »

:wave: There was no more that strange 'thorn' or pine needle, it has fallen away! It is Smiley!

I could take only a very short video, but here is the best what there was:

It is interesting that this young dog does not bark to the squirrels. No, she juts follows them with her eyes..she is interested of them and would perhaps be happy to get the possibility to see them even closer, to sniff one of them.

The other dog does! Yes, he can't stop barking before the squirrel has left out of his sight.
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Post by Felis silvestris »

:loveshower: so cute! Maybe Nappu would like to play with them?

I just saw a little mouse running past my office window and taking shelter under the stairs there (where also the least weasel stayed for a few nights).

Have a good day! :wave:
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
Olga

Post by Olga »

Hi, today, the 2nd August it was Silk ear who gave me the possibility to admire her for some minutes. She looks very good, yes, and her tail is almost black and it is quite furry even though it is still summer.

Olga

Post by Olga »

Felis silvestris wrote::loveshower: so cute! Maybe Nappu would like to play with them?

I just saw a little mouse running past my office window and taking shelter under the stairs there (where also the least weasel stayed for a few nights).

Have a good day! :wave:
I think I saw a vole pup on the lawn. Nappu found it, but I saved it and carried on the other side of the fence! I saw how the heart of this tiny mammal pup was jumping..how scared it was in front of Nappu's head, no-one else knows!
alice44

Post by alice44 »

I am glad you managed to save it.

I know when I use the box to capture the little creatures Sam brings to the bathroom the poor little things are terrified.
Olga

Post by Olga »

A young Woodpecker

- accompaniment with Bluette by Dave Brubeck
Olga

Post by Olga »

There has been lots of Great tits and Blue tits eating the feeder. I have also seen a Robin there and some Green finches. Only Smiley has visited about once day. It is possible that today there was Silk ear, I can't say for sure, her fur was vet..

A serie of pictures of Smiley on the 6th August. Those pictures are all from one and same video. Smiley was just eating and like always she watched the lens and the curtain behind the glass, every now and then.

Olga

Post by Olga »

continues, Smiley on the 6th August, at 18:06

Olga

Post by Olga »

:laugh: some pictures are identical, but.. :D ..that is how she does it, eats one nut after the other. I'll put one shor video later where she is like cleaning her front paws, it looked cool.

Smiley, 6th August, 18:07

Olga

Post by Olga »

On the same day later in the evening there visited Smiley or Silk ear. It was cloudy, and had to turn the light in my room to get a bit better to Squirrel to see. The window was dirty, there was no idea to try flash.

19:40

Now I see better, it has to be Silk ear, her fore head fur is a bit darker than Smiley's.

Olga

Post by Olga »

Today, on the 9th August we have got a lot rain. After the rain appeared a squirrel. Who is she :puzzled: I guess Silk ear with wet fur...but on the other hand, she may be Smiley as well.

Return to “Seasons”