Spring and Summer 2012 in Finland

A photographic record of seasonal changes in your area.
Olga

Re: Spring and Summer 2012 in Finland

Post by Olga »

A nice song on Squirre Hill!

I wonder if the cuckoo had hiccup :laugh:

I was watching Eurovision contest. And BTW, I liked very much the Estonian song!!
SHoW(StorkaHolics of the World)
Olga

Post by Olga »

Paula was about to come to eat at 20:00!

But Nappu was there watching Paula to climb down from the roof... She was all silent, but Paula climbed back to the roof. I took Nappu inside. Paula let us wait for 15 minutes, but then she spent time on the feeder for 20 minutes. I took just a short video:

Olga

Post by Olga »

Baby face and Paula were having breakfast at 8:30, Baby face was there at first and straight after him, came Paula.

Olga

Post by Olga »

:D Paula and her six to ten ear fur..

at 8:40 today in the morning

Olga

Post by Olga »

:wave
Paula and Baby face have been visiting regularly, on each day for one time, one after the other. Baby face tries to come at the feeder at same time, but Paula chases him away.. :D

But who is she :puzzled: A visitor from yesterday. I believe that she is the one who has been called as Long ear and as Silk ear, too (2009-2010-2011). And probably I have called her also as Paula (2012). Oh no :slap: Yes, the one who I have called as Paula during last weeks, is not 'Paula' :rotf:

But anyway, this squirrel female too, had something 'bad' on her right front paw! I have to check pictures, some weeks backwards. Was it a special long eared squirrel who had the injury on her paw..

I am so happy to see her:

So, the 'Paula' from last weeks has to be someone else, but not unknown - is she Anja?? There has not been 'strangers' to see...This is not easy, I have to say.. :faint:
Olga

Post by Olga »

'Paula' the Long ear, 29th May:

Olga

Post by Olga »

:wave: Visitors of today!

Paula, Mops and Baby face:

Olga

Post by Olga »

Mops:

She was also hiding nuts in the vegetable plot today.. :D

Baby face:

..there is small Great tit in the water cup:
Olga

Post by Olga »

Baby face was sitting like that on one place for 10-15 minutes, and thew tits were waiting to get nuts all the time..coming and going..

Olga

Post by Olga »

It has been raining a lot.

Sounds of rain:

Baby face on the rainy morning of 2nd June:

For the moment at 11:27 all videos are being updated.. youtube tools, hopefully, can make the videos somewhat better..

Olga

Post by Olga »

Today at 7:30 I happened to have the window open as Paula and Mops came at same time, and they were talking!!

Really, they voiced.. not not as a cat,.. but there are some similar voices at while. ..In Finnish I would say they made 'vinkuvaa ja naukuvaa ääntä, kurinaa, natsutuksia ja naksutuksia'.. just don't know these kind of words in English to describe their voices.

:laugh: ...special videos! Worth to listen, Paula and Mops talking.. :nod:

voices 1

--------------
voices 2

There were just few nuts left as they came. I had the window open as I said. So, I just put a handful nuts for them, they escaped but returned after one minute and begun to eat without discussing after that.
Olga

Post by Olga »

Here they go on their breakfast, happy and peaceful:

On these three videos they do not talk anymore:

Manu

Post by Manu »

It's so nice to hear when Paula and Mops were talking :headroll: .
Thanks for this interesting video :hi: .
Olga

Post by Olga »

Thanks, Manu! It is probable that they have been talking earlier, too, but because my PC keeps bad noise and the window has been shut during winter and spring, I just could not hear their voices. It's the noise that my PC makes why I almost always remove all voices from the squirrel videos.

Squirrels visit regularly, one - two times between morning and afternoon, perhaps two or three of them. Mops, Paula and Baby face are the most devoted. Baby face is interesting, he comes often at same time with some female. Today I saw him again. Paula did not allow him to come, and Baby face was 'whining' miserably somewhere close.. I believed first that it was Paula, but no, the nose of Baby face appeared in the window corner at times. :laugh:
Lussi05

Post by Lussi05 »

So funny to hear Mops and Paula talking. It sounded almost as if they had a little disagreement at one point. The squirrels have such lovely golden/brown colors now.
I also like your video with the sound of the rain. The view is beautiful. Your garden is green and fertile, flowering trees and the blue gate..I see your Lilac, the same as I have by the way, with its beautiful purple flowers that smell so good. Mine does not have much flowers this year though, my husband thinned it a lot last autumn.
Thank you for your atmospheric and beautiful videos Olga :wave:
Olga

Post by Olga »

Thank you, Lussi! Yes, the garden looks beautiful now. But there are lots of all kind of weeds.. But it's alright. My mother said always, dear Olga, actually there are no weeds, it's only people who say that.. so, I think it's not so dangerous to not remove all of those plants I didn't mean that would grow everywhere.. :innocent:

I was jus choosing screen captures from the videos of yesterday.

Here is Paula, the mother squirrel eating, and then begun the voice of someone to be heard. Baby face was there.. but he could not step on the feeder. Paula didn't want, she liked eat alone.. Poor of him, a hungry little Baby face..

(there is a temporary platform under my window, it's a box on the garden table..)
Olga

Post by Olga »

Baby face, at last he was able to come, but feeder was almost empty! :slap: Paula had eaten the nuts, all of them (with help by three Woodpeckers and some small birds)

But there was something to eat, wheat seeds.

A bit later I put nuts more, he returned and he has been eating normally for three times after those moments without nuts.
Olga

Post by Olga »

Baby face.. wondering where are his nuts:

a video will be uploaded

Olga

Post by Olga »

One picture of Baby face trying to approach was missing!

I have a video where his miserable and like a bird chirp voice can be heard, but it takes some time to upload it in youtube.

Lussi05

Post by Lussi05 »

Your mother was right Olga, let the plants grow :nod: They are one of the reasons that the birds and animals enjoy to stay there. The plants and bushes gives them hiding places, homes and food. They think your garden is perfect. And so the garden gives you, and all of us, so much pleasure.

In other words - it's a perfect garden for all :loveshower: :2thumbsup:

Return to “Seasons”