Spring and Summer in Finland 2015

A photographic record of seasonal changes in your area.
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Re: Spring and Summer in Finland 2015

Post by Felis silvestris »

There are tears in my eyes, Olga, and if I could, I would give you a hug. I know that you knew that Nanu's time was limited, but when the time has come, it is unexpected and terrible! My thoughts are with you! Nanu had a good life with you and he will be forever in your heart!
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
Olga

Post by Olga »

I remember that when Nanu was very little, only 2-4 months, I used to call him as Kurre or Orvava (finnish names for red squirrels) be cause of his red brown fur.. He was the smallest one of the litter of his seven siblings, he weighted only 185 gr, almost one hundred grams less than the bigger puppies. But he developed very good, and he was always healthy, very healthy. He never ever had anything to be worried, no need for doc, only for the vaccinations, not before the tumor was found. He was the less aggressive dog I have met, always kind and not making big number of himself, soft by nature, devoted and loved his 'family', Nappu too.. He was stubborn and didn't like brushing the fur not nail cut. But his fur was of good quality, no problems..

One photo of paper photo in June 2000, Nanu is 3 months or so. They happened to to be playing a dry branch. Girju allowed Nanu to be the winner! Girju did'nt want to stole Nanu's toys or his food etc. He just 'loaned' Nanu's toys to teach Nanu to try more and more.
His father Girju was an amazing father for him, caring and thoughtful, he understood Nanu much better than humans.

Oh my dear, his eyes were bright blue then.. :cry: I remember when Nanu was given into my hands for the first time, that in the same moment he opened his eyes for the first time!! I swear, that's true. He was about two weeks old.

Thank you all for compassion...
The house is like empty, it is like mourning, but perhaps the sighs I hear come from my heart.
SHoW(StorkaHolics of the World)
Margossa

Post by Margossa »

Dear Olga :hi:

I'm so sorry read about Nanu. :cry:
He was beloved and handsome dog and he had a happy good life with you.
I send you a hugs in this hard time. My thoughts are with you.
Thank you Olga for a beautiful video of Nanu with an impressive song at background.
Thank you also for wonderful photo of Nanu with his father.

:wave:
Olga

Post by Olga »

Life is different today, but there is still life on Squirrel hill:

Seen from my work room's window.

The song I would have liked to put on the background, but it's not allowed b c copyright law.
It's an old Finnish folklore. Perhaps not for missing a dog, but the sorrow is the same if not deeper..

The words translated in English and in France:
the translations are very old, I happened to find them from some Finnish folklore archive.
The screenshots are difficult to read, but the originals were that small..
spatz

Post by spatz »

this girl is new to my feeding place. it has clearly had a major fight, it is missing a piece of the tail

spatz

Post by spatz »

alice44

Post by alice44 »

Olga I so did not want read that. It is hard to hear about even so far away.

Nanu was so beautiful, with soulful eyes. Beautiful video of the walk in the forest.

Take a little extra hug from Nappu and feel her love as the sighs slip around your house.

I am so sorry.
Manu

Post by Manu »

Olga, I'm so sorry to read the news about Nanu :cry: . My thoughts are with you and I'm sending you many, many hugs.
It's so terrible to lose a beloved family-member.
Olga

Post by Olga »

Hello!

I have been less at PC.

But life is going on here. Squirrel are changing their fur. Some females look roundish, yes. They already have litters. I think there are three litters here and there on the hill.

I have some 20 videos to be submitted from the time I have been off, but they can wait.

Today we saw again White tailed deer behind the fence:

They were walking by Nanu's and Girju's grave stones:

Olga

Post by Olga »

Two guests today:

Paula and Titian (propably):
two photos, not screenshots :D

Titian:
Olga

Post by Olga »

:wave: spatz! Thank you for yuor lovely squirrel photos!

spatz

Post by spatz »

:hi:
Squirrel Greetings for Olga
Moritz in the moult. Moritz discovered new feeding ground. squirrel hides. for some time no female squirrels at the feeding station. Child welfare, I hope.

spatz

Post by spatz »

This vest is not part of squirrels :laugh:

spatz

Post by spatz »

I do not know who is this squirrel. it has beautiful shiny coat. The summer coat is almost ready

spatz

Post by spatz »

Bella was now long since. I think Bella would not go so far, because of the heat

spatz

Post by spatz »

Lussi05

Post by Lussi05 »

My cat killed a beautiful squirrel pup today :cry:
I have never experienced it before, and it had happened while I was away. She lay beside it when I got home, and I could not believe my eyes:(
After a while, she lost interest for it, and left. It's very sad:(
spatz

Post by spatz »

oh lussi05 how sad. I have also always afraid because of the cats.
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Post by Felis silvestris »

I have greetings from Olga. She is fine, there are 6 new pups at the feeders and she occasionally also sees Paula. But right now she does not feel like making or uploading videos, which is quite understandable.

I think I speak for everyone here - we hope that you feel like sharing your squirrels again with us some time soon, Olga, but until then, our thoughts are with you! We have not forgotten you or your furry little friends!
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
Olga

Post by Olga »

:wave:

A long time has gone.. Everything is normal here on Squirrel hill. Squirrels visit on daily basis.

There has been seen here lately also bigger four legged visitors:

Return to “Seasons”