Pictures and Information about White Storks

Ciconia ciconia
Jujani

Re: Pictures and Information about White Storks

Post by Jujani »

The little duck wants to hunt the deer. A deer has also gone. Do the young deer stay in Makov? In the meantime there are many.Image
A goose with a chick. Eat goose chickens?, they spit it out again.
I wanted to ask if the gray heron was a wild bird, or whether he was part of Makov, but you already wrote it. Last winter I often saw gray herons.
Solo

Post by Solo »

Jujani wrote:... Do the young deer stay in Makov? In the meantime there are many. ... A goose with a chick. Eat goose chickens?, they spit it out again. ... I wanted to ask if the gray heron was a wild bird .... Last winter I often saw gray herons ....
1/ the young deer will be released to deer-park
2/ the goose (female - Vendulka) only play with chickens
3/ the grey heron is wild bird
asteria

Post by asteria »

There must be not one but a few grey herons visiting Makov for getting food but all of them have the same name "Visirka Popelka". :mrgreen:
Solo

Post by Solo »

asteria wrote:There must be not one but a few grey herons visiting Makov for getting food but all of them have the same name "Visirka Popelka". :mrgreen:
yes, they all have appetite for lot of chick and/or fisch - vyžýrka = freeloader :mrgreen:
asteria

Post by asteria »

Yesterday there were two grey herons and there was a fight between them(I haven't seen it but read in chat). Snehurka was very anxious because of that. :cry:
Jujani

Post by Jujani »

Not only Barunek kicks the plate, but the roe makes it by accident. :whistling:

asteria

Post by asteria »

Barunek at least can't move the plate with a stone inside. The deer can. There was no food in the bowl and the deer wanted to look what is under it.

Honzik and Marushka are in their nest.
Jujani

Post by Jujani »

asteria wrote:Barunek at least can't move the plate with a stone inside. The deer can. There was no food in the bowl and the deer wanted to look what is under it.

Honzik and Marushka are in their nest.
I have also observed this.

At the other pond
One of the geese could hardly run, always fell aside. Can be she has injured her leg, she staggered to the upper right, then I have not seen her.

PS
I went back with the line. The goose can stand on both legs, has also eaten, but always raised the leg. Later, as in the other picture, she fell again and again.

Solo

Post by Solo »

Jujani wrote: ... The goose can stand on both legs, has also eaten, but always raised the leg. Later, as in the other picture, she fell again and again. ...
this is the reason, why this goose is in RS, the second has angel wing: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angel_wing (this 2 are by Vendelín and Vendulka) and the third is tamed
asteria

Post by asteria »

Yesterday two grey herons visited the pond again and other birds were not too glad to see them. Ducklings grew a lot and Barunek seems to put up with them.
Solo

Post by Solo »

asteria wrote:Yesterday two grey herons visited the pond again and other birds were not too glad to see them. Ducklings grew a lot and Barunek seems to put up with them.
photo
source: makováček without text https://obrazky-z-makova.rajce.idnes.cz ... 26.9.2017/# (by Veronika - "Beskydská Víla")
asteria

Post by asteria »

It is already dark in Makov. Lizinka's son is eating, Barunek is sitting on the grass nearby.
Jujani

Post by Jujani »

The gray heron comes even when it is dark. He looked for the proximity of Snehurka. Snehurka was not happy about it. Then a deer stood before the camera, later the gray heron was gone.

Jujani

Post by Jujani »

Barunek was today again on the feeding place the chef. Even the gray heron did not dare to feed.

Later the gray heron jumped from the roof to Barunek.

Then he hunted the poor Snehurka.
asteria

Post by asteria »

Ducklings grew so much!
asteria

Post by asteria »

Vyžírka Popelka ukradla kuratko a taky ryby!(Grey heron stolen chicken and fish)
asteria

Post by asteria »

Makov, 17.30 :gathering: Now what? Shall I post messages in Grey Heron thread? Vyzirka Popelka marked the roof and now is moving something in Honzik&Marushka nest. Nobody invited her and nobody is happy to see her but they say "imprudence is the second happiness".
asteria

Post by asteria »

A new inhabitant appeared in Makov today: a coot. Barunek, as usual, dislikes it :rotf: .
asteria

Post by asteria »

:wave:
9.25 Makov: Honzik and Marushka are in the nest, Barunek at the feeder, the pond is cleaned.
Solo

Post by Solo »

October 29th

storm in RS Makov viewtopic.php?p=554115#p554115 (photos, videos)

Return to “White Storks”