Wild Boar Webcam 2 Discussion 2011

Webcams of Wild Boar Feeding During Winter Time
Bleggi

Re: Wild Boar Webcam 2 Discussion 2011

Post by Bleggi »

The roe deer stay in the wood most or perhaps in Estland the farmers have growing the rapeseed like in Germany - here the fields look yellow and the deer love it, also before it is in blossom. When there was snow the deer must surch for food and found it here on the place easier than in the frozen ground. And I suppose that deer don't smell (nose) as deep in the ground as boars do.
The cam of the other boars closed easier last year, too. It seems to be the normal way. But here it was open last year much longer.
What kind of birds are taking breakfast I don't know, too. But perhaps there are pigeons? Let us puzzle over it.
8:48 (and also seen 11:07)

Greetings from Bleggi

I hope you know what I mean about deer and boar. :hi:
alice44

Post by alice44 »

Could these birds be jays?

Boars root around in the dirt -- in addition to noses they have tusks!

I did not answer your question about the term for young pigs because I do not know. In fact I tend to call these boars pigs because it seems in American English boars are male pigs. We do not have any native wild pigs here -- there are javalenas in the South West http://www.flickr.com/photos/erinbow/37 ... otostream/ they are very cute but they are quite different.
Bleggi

Post by Bleggi »

Bleggi wrote:
The cam of the other boars closed easier last year, too. It seems to be the normal way.
Now I found the date: Last year the cam of the woodcam closed at 30th March 2010.
:hi:
Bleggi

Post by Bleggi »

Wonderful music from the birds. When I am sitting on my big computer, I will edit a picture which shows the first light green in front of the trees - is there coming spring, too?
Regards from Bleggi :hi:

edit: 15:54 It there a very little green grass in front of the wood? I think "yes".
Bleggi

Post by Bleggi »

19:15
The birds are what family?
19:23 ... more birds
Bleggi

Post by Bleggi »

Food is brought by Peep - thank you!
20:40

21:00 I hear two dogs near by :headroll:
21:05 ... is he calling the boars?
Bleggi

Post by Bleggi »

21:15 boars are here

Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Post by Felis silvestris »

Bleggi - I think there is no term for "Überläufer" in English. I had checked that already some time back, as I would have liked to use the correct terms for what is seen in front of the cam. I yesterday looked again (my first source to look up words is "Leo" if that tells you something?) and after that I compared the German and English Wikipedia articles on Wildschwein/Wild boar and they refer to piglets but don't mention any special name for Überläufer.

About your question of making films (I think it was in a different thread, but let me answer it here as well). In the beginning I used to watch the cams with Windows Media Player, made screenshots the usual way (only I have a program called Printkey, which we are also using in office) and saw that some people here in the forum use screencast-o-matic for films. But once filming starts one can't do anything else, so I took the advice of the people here and started using the VLC player, which can be opened in several screens, makes snapshots and films without having to stay at one particular cam for that time. Only bad thing about VLC is, that it needs administrator rights for installing, that means I can't use it at office. If I can be of help in that matter, you can send me a PM (in German, since that is our common language) and we try to find a solution?
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
Bleggi

Post by Bleggi »

Felis: Thank you for your answers. I will tell the middle-old boars in future "young boar" - this is between piglet and adult boar (I know - young boar are mostly adult, too :laugh: or will it be).
For my pics I have vlc-player. For video my knowledge is not enough. My daughter must help me often to install things. I was wondering how you get so very nice pictures. Now I know it - congratulation. And thank you for your offer to help me.
So I will continue doing like before and looking to all the pictures the members show here.
Greetings from Bleggi :hi:
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

If you use VLC player, it's very easy.

the button with the red arrow will start a film, to stop it, click again, the black arrow shows the one for the snapshots.

Important thing is, to know where they are stored - check it in "Extras" - "Einstellungen" "Video" - the snapshots should be "jpg", the videos usually go to the folder called "Videos" (at least in my Windows7 it is like that). Do you have an account with YouTube?
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

Bleggi

Post by Bleggi »

Felis: I have not the same buttons as you - only the lower line. And an account by You Tube I haven't. I know it from my daughter but it is nothing for me.
I take the pictures with "Shift +S".
Have a nice evening - Bleggi :hi:

22:12
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Bleggi wrote:Felis: I have not the same buttons as you - only the lower line.
I had that the other day when I installed VLC on my netbook as well, that's easy to change: go to "Ansicht" and click "Erweiterte Steuerung". Afterwards it should be checked (Häkchen) and the buttons should be there!

The account with YouTube is really no problem, if you have an identity with Google, you can use the same for YouTube, otherwise, making a registration is no problem and uploading the videos in general is also not. I also thought it is so difficult, but it is not, only sometimes one needs a bit of patience.

I'll be off now :offtobed: - I want to go to the zoo tomorrow and be there not too late, so I can leave when the big crowd arrives (holidays always see big crowds). Good night! :wave:

alice44

Post by alice44 »

Bleggi -- I bet the extra row of icons is just hidden. I have not been brave enough to install VLC but now with the slightly bigger computer maybe I will.

Pigs are munching loudly.
Bleggi

Post by Bleggi »

Where are the boars? While I was changing my system the boars disappeared. "Please come back again...!!!"
only one was running through at 1:00 8-)
alice44

Post by alice44 »

One pig has returned.

And vanished again
alice44

Post by alice44 »

maybe I just saw a fox, far at the back. I could not really see it, but it did not move like a boar.

The slightly light streak in the dark back is the fox

alice44

Post by alice44 »

Again I think

It seemed to stand up on its hind legs

So far it is moving too fast for the resolution.
heidu

Post by heidu »

it was a fox! i got a look off the tale
Bleggi

Post by Bleggi »

There were some ghosts on the way or what was that?
1:16 + 1:17

1:19
Bleggi

Post by Bleggi »

the next one at 1:50

:hi: :offtobed:

Return to “Wild Pig Camera Forum”