Bear Webcam 2011

Brown Bear Webcam in Alutaguse Forest
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Re: Bear Webcam

Post by Felis silvestris »

When I opened the cam today, I met, I think, a raccoon dog?

ImageImage

Bleggi, never mind if the pictures are almost or the same - maybe one still differs a bit or shows a bit better!
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
vaino

Post by vaino »

1 AM, Racoon dog is running around ! Picture very dim because of almost no light.
Bleggi

Post by Bleggi »

I saw it, too and did not know what it would be. But on the pics it seems more as a ghost than an animal :laugh:
0:49
macdoum

Post by macdoum »

There is a midsized animal there now inspecting all the feeding area and generally mid-cam. Its dark coloured but I have no idea what it is.. :puzzled:

edit The animal is now behind the biggest tree on the right.1:47am
Carmel a member of SHOW .. I hope you love birds too. Its economical. It saves going to heaven.
Emily Dickinson
Bleggi

Post by Bleggi »

11:30
Image :hi:
alice44

Post by alice44 »

0:19
The bear is in his place.

I looked just a couple minutes ago and did not notice him, but I am not sure if that was because I did not look properly or because he was not there a couple minutes ago.
Adelina

Post by Adelina »

Ha was not there about 10-15 minutes ago, I've been looking for about 2 hours now. Missed his arrival as well :cry:
alice44

Post by alice44 »

So I might have looked just before he arrived or I might have stared right at him and not seen him :slap:
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Bear came shortly past midnight, I actually wanted to close the cam that moment

Snaps did not work at first :bash:
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

Adelina

Post by Adelina »

I keep getting dosconnected. I take it as a hint ;) and will be :offtobed: now. Have a nice bear-watch :D
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

I'm also :offtobed: actually I wanted to be already half an hour back :slap:
Good night and have an interesting watch! :wave:

alice44

Post by alice44 »

goodnight

I think the bear is still there but he is down in the grass and I cannot really see him.
macdoum

Post by macdoum »

alice44 wrote:goodnight

I think the bear is still there but he is down in the grass and I cannot really see him.
..Nor me.. :puzzled: I have had the cam open too. :mrgreen: ..and missed his arrival again. :rolleyes:
Goodnight to all..Alice.. :hi:
Carmel a member of SHOW .. I hope you love birds too. Its economical. It saves going to heaven.
Emily Dickinson
macdoum

Post by macdoum »

Big bear is half standing now and there is another creature there in the exact spot Bleggi marked at 12:09 24th June. :puzzled:
Emily Dickinson
vaino

Post by vaino »

2:10,June 25, Very little light, but the bear is in the picture and eating or sniffing something.
alice44

Post by alice44 »

My Bird for the Morning

Nola Hays

Post by Nola Hays »

:banghead: Here I am by myself again. I haven't seen a bear today but I wasn't around the computer much. My son came from Atlanta to visit and I spent most of the day with him. Alice I can't get over the size of those magpies. They are so big.
Do we have them in the states. I don't guess we have them down here because I never have seen them. By the way some dogs treed a bear cub about 5 miles from my house in peoples yard, not out in the woods. They are moving in on us. LOL
Nite all: :offtobed:
[size=150]Nola[/size]
alice44

Post by alice44 »

Nola I think my bird might be a thrush -- but I don't really know at all.

I find that the American Robin (a Thrush) that seems ever small and ordinary in my garden, seems big and mysterious in the forest.

I don't know a lot about the range of Magpies -- they don't come west of the Cascades (a mountain range in Oregon), but they may be rather northerly. These in Europe seem very similar to the ones I know. --- considerably smaller than a crow and a bit bigger than a jay and ever so elegant.
Nola Hays

Post by Nola Hays »

:puzzled: I thought they were the magpies. I guess the magpie does have more white on him. I have never seen one. Have heard of them. I will have to dig my bird book out tomorrow and see if they are in fact around here. I want to get a camera so I can start taking pictures of the different things too. Gonna have to find out what kind to get and then how to use it. I guess I will go to bed it is 5 to 11.
Nite All :offtobed:
[size=150]Nola[/size]
alice44

Post by alice44 »

We do frequently see magpies at this camera and the drama of their colouring makes them easy to see -- I have no idea what baby magpies look like though :puzzled:

Return to “Alutaguse Bear Webcam”