Alutaguse Forest webcam 2012

Brown Bear Webcam in Alutaguse Forest
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Re: Alutaguse Forest webcam 2012

Post by Felis silvestris »

Bear is back!

“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Took something and vanished towards the right, since the ravens are back, I guess bear is gone further away!
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

Manu

Post by Manu »

I'm so angry :banghead:
My husband installed VLC-Player and exactly in that moment Bear was back. I was so surprised and confused :laugh: .
But something not works with recording :bash: .
Thanks you Felis you take a photo :wave: .
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

When the ravens suddenly were gone I had hoped the bear would be back. What's wrong with the recording? Hope you can sort it out!

Manu

Post by Manu »

19:00h
Raven
Manu

Post by Manu »

@Felis: I record my video's with "SNAGIT" and till now it works fine. But when I try to record now about VLC (rtsp....), screen was only black :unsure: .
When I record about Live-Cam on Looduskalender-HP it works.
My husband will try to find out what's wrong.
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

So far I have not managed to record the JW streams, but the rtsp with VLC are no problem. But - it can be that the VLC recording is green in the beginning, it's something with them, it has a name and they don't have a real solution, at least not one that has worked for me thoroughly.

I have made two short ones:

Manu

Post by Manu »

20:20 BEAR is back :loveshower:
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

And your recording works! :headroll: :bow:

Manu

Post by Manu »

20:27h

@Felis: It work, but not with VLC. It's with my "good old special system" :laugh: . I try to find out how VLC works, but not today..
Manu

Post by Manu »

Bear come and go this evening. It's nice to see him again, even if I had problems with my " new record program" :book: .
My mother said, it not most important to catch something with the camera, it's important to see it with your own eyes.
But I'm still angry I didn't catch bear in daylight :rant:
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

:headroll: great movies from the bear, thank you Felis and Manu
yeah....,and sound, I'm happy :loveshower:
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Manu wrote: My mother said, it not most important to catch something with the camera, it's important to see it with your own eyes.
I agree with your Mom, but I do understand what you mean Manu :laugh:
Manu

Post by Manu »

Fleur wrote: it I agree with your Mom, but I do understand what you mean Manu :laugh:
Thank you Fleur :wave: :laugh:
Kitty KCMO

Post by Kitty KCMO »

:loveshower: Wonderful that the bear came back. Thank you for the videos, Felis & Manu! And also wonderful-- sound. :loveshower: It is dark & the spot light is dim when I look just now, but I hear the forest sounds.
Kitty KCMO
greeneyes

Post by greeneyes »

Hi and nice observation night.

I do not post very often here, because my first Love on looduskalender were the boars. They are so unproblematik, so funny, alleaters like ourselfes, but I look every day to all cams, thats Love. What happend to Stephi was more than terrible, I understand Asterias emotions and the trouble at the Ospery forum was not nice. Jopie is gone ??? And, now I have a problem, I do not found the adress, for the VCL Player of Karu Cam. If anyone know the adress, please post it here. Have a nice night.
I like boars.
alice44

Post by alice44 »

greeneyes, I know what you mean about all those troubles and although boars were how I found this place now Lesser Spotted Eagles are my big love and Stephi was MY baby this year and I sort of ... I don't know since she was done in,

but I am too caught by the place & the people even though neither JWplayer nor vlc really work very well for me.

I think the VLC address in the edited first post may be the correct one.
rtsp://193.40.133.138:80/live/karu

I just tried it and it doesn't work but nor does the JWplayer and people seem to have been having trouble with this cam recently. So I think it is that the cam is down, not that the address is wrong.
NancyM
Site Admin

Post by NancyM »

I just tried this cam, and got the message "stream not found" - so it appears that the problem is with the cam or sending the cam pictures to the internet. Hopefully that will be fixed.

btw, I have been reading about bears climbing into osprey nests when there are eggs and/or chicks there, (even Urmas mentioned it in a report in 2009) - so I hope these bears are not near any where any osprey will nest next spring.
alice44

Post by alice44 »

maybe this is a reason ospreys like very high nests!
Manu

Post by Manu »

It was nice to see bear again last evening :loveshower: .

@ greeneyes: I'm also like the boars very much and now I'm fall in love with the birds of prey too.
Did you see this cam in Spain? http://www.mangolink.com/general/webcams/wildlife/
In this topic of the forum we have som video's viewtopic.php?p=172454#p172454
Every night a herd of boars visit feeding place.

Return to “Alutaguse Bear Webcam”