Alutaguse Forest webcam 2012

Brown Bear Webcam in Alutaguse Forest
Manu

Re: Alutaguse Forest webcam 2012

Post by Manu »

You're absolutely right, Felis... They think we're a little bit crazy :laugh: ...
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Post by Felis silvestris »

I have uploaded those pictures I tried to make yesterday - not much to be seen, but it's a boar, that's clear!

“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
Bleggi

Post by Bleggi »

To people of the Alutaguse Forest cam!
You were so nervous to meet the wild boar that you did not see my answer about the big birds, I met on the pics before. Do not anybody know, what bird it was? I was so proud to meet them and have pics to show. So sorry and sad...
Bleggi :hi:
fireblade1

Post by fireblade1 »

Bleggi wrote: Do not anybody know, what bird it was?
Bleggi
Hey Bleggi
For me it is a woodpigeon (aufgeplustert)
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

I think this is what comes closest? I also thought of a pigeon. The camera view is not so clear this year.
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

Bleggi

Post by Bleggi »

Thank you, fireblade and Felis. :hi:
macdoum

Post by macdoum »

Felis silvestris wrote:I think the Estonians must be thinking us a bit weird with our liking of boars! Actually, speaking for Germany, they have become a problem, rather than a curiosity to watch on a webcam! :puzzled:
Felis,its the same here. :mrgreen: Boars cause a lot of damage to the farmlands,even in the gardens of ordinary people living near the woods & forests.
Carmel a member of SHOW .. I hope you love birds too. Its economical. It saves going to heaven.
Emily Dickinson
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

The boar is back

dumnoz

Post by dumnoz »

dumnoz

Post by dumnoz »

[youtube]EXQqF6UDpjI&feature[/youtube]
Bea

Post by Bea »

You´ve catched a boar at the cam :thumbs:

It is a male, as far as I can see .... probably a loner on his trips through the forest ...
Nature does nothing in vain (Aristoteles)
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

And I guess a bear is not around, otherwise he would not feel so safe around there!

Manu

Post by Manu »

Bleggi wrote:To people of the Alutaguse Forest cam!
You were so nervous to meet the wild boar that you did not see my answer about the big birds, I met on the pics before. Do not anybody know, what bird it was? I was so proud to meet them and have pics to show. So sorry and sad...
Sorry for that :blush: .
alice44

Post by alice44 »

Bleggi wrote:To people of the Alutaguse Forest cam!
I thought and thought, but I did not know what birds you had captured. (Boars and Bears are so much easier to identify)

I wanted them to be smallish raptors, but as others have said, Wood Pigeons are probably more likely.
Bleggi

Post by Bleggi »

Manu and Alice!
It is okay to know now that "my" bird was a Wood pigeon. I met a pigeon like a ball in front of the Netherland Little Owls house. Must have been one, that I never saw before because of the big round physique. But I like to learn more about animals. For that I was asking.
I met the wild boar yesterday evening, too. But it was a bit darker - thank you for the wonderful pictures, Felis. I love this wild animals - although they are rather rough ones. We have many of them around in the "Spessart" and "Odenwald" in Germany.
Greetings and much fun with all the small and big Alutaguse inhabitants :mrgreen:
Bleggi
ergee

Post by ergee »

Bleggi, to your picture from 27th of April: these two "Ringeltauben", ring doves or wooddoves, Columba palumbus, visit my balcony sometimes, rather shy but still coming. Two days ago I could make those pics. The doves on your picture might be the same family...

Looking a bit suspicious...
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

The boar is back again!

Bleggi - I am sorry for not having answered your question, I was not sure, and thought maybe somebody who knows more about birds than I do will answer. The wood pigeons are different from those one sees in cities!

SpaWildAni

Post by SpaWildAni »

A wild boar at 21:21 :chick: :wave:
Bleggi

Post by Bleggi »

Image :hi:

Mrs. Piggy says thank you in the name of Bleggi to all who cared for knowing the bird she saw. Thank you so much to all of you. :mrgreen:
vainamoinen

Post by vainamoinen »

Felis silvestris wrote:The boar is back again!

Bleggi - I am sorry for not having answered your question, I was not sure, and thought maybe somebody who knows more about birds than I do will answer. The wood pigeons are different from those one sees in cities!
Yes, you are right. In cities usually lives Feral pigeon(Columba livia forma domestica) but Little owls in Beleef de Lente nest was disturbed by Stock Dove (Columba oenas).

Return to “Alutaguse Bear Webcam”