Bear Webcam 2011

Brown Bear Webcam in Alutaguse Forest
Jo UK
Site Admin

Bear Webcam 2011

Post by Jo UK »

This is another new webcam AND IT HAS NIGHT VISION!

mms://tv.eenet.ee/karu

and http://www.looduskalender.ee/en/node/10247

Waiting for the English translation so we can have a proper description, but here is the Estonian page on LK
http://www.looduskalender.ee/node/10243
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

From Estonica.org, I found this
http://www.estonica.org/en/Nature/Locat ... opography/

The North-Estonian Coastal Plain includes a narrow belt of land between the Gulf of Finland and the Baltic Klint. Its width is from a few metres to 20 km. The area includes several peninsulas and bays, and the islands of the Gulf of Finland. Low and swampy lowlands also occur west and north of the Lake Peipsi depression and in the Lake Võrtsjärv depression. The Alutaguse Lowland is situated north of Lake Peipsi.
ame

Post by ame »

at least the second link lead me here. :wave: i didn't even try the first, i looked at the front page. :slap:
here's the cuckoo-video at 19.22. i think it says "cuckoo" twice, after that it's been quiet.

there seems to be some lighting, too. is there some feeding as well?

i'll be :offtobed: . good night! :wave:
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

And then it rained!

Webmaster says that there was a mother bear with cubs - seen here a while ago.
alice44

Post by alice44 »

Kind of exciting although when I looked it was just like in ame's capture.
heidu

Post by heidu »

YESS!

I am never going too sleep again. Allready seen two animals.Feeling silly to say, but the first one really look like a bear!! round ears and a bump on his shoulders. The second was a fox i think. tomorrow i am gonna beg my kids learn me how to take pictures
macdoum

Post by macdoum »

:loveshower: Hey.. :loveshower:
I just saw a bear with 2 cubs. :D... :puzzled: maybe..
Carmel a member of SHOW .. I hope you love birds too. Its economical. It saves going to heaven.
Emily Dickinson
cougar

Post by cougar »

I was always sad, when the winter boar camera ended at spring. So I welcome this summer woods' camera from all of my heart :loveshower: :loveshower: :loveshower:
So far no animals, but the big bumblebee and the cockoo, though. And the cockoo "works" even at 3.11, as now, lol. 8-)
But I hope, now we can see also the elves (and I don't mean these ridiculous little winged creatures, fairies) dancing, especially at St John's day's eve, as much as Estonia is the "land of the elves, witches and werewolves, lol :headroll:
cougar

Post by cougar »

Well well well... Is that my silly eyes and/or wishful thinking, or the cam truly makes tricks at night (or I spelled it, lol), but I really saw something... big transparent shadow passing the cam from left to the right.. It wasn't the animal, no bug also, so I have no idea, what it could be - a spiritual or ghosty creature indeed :unsure: It was size of a child and moved right under the cam, on two feet, so no animal. And this transparency, hm.. Wisers, can you explain this?
cougar

Post by cougar »

Estonian summer nights are almost non-existing, lol.. Dawn there already, but still no animal, only the crazy cockoo :unsure:
alice44

Post by alice44 »

:hi:
Good Morning

This thread - Adding Pictures- viewtopic.php?f=3&t=21 --
I think you may need to go to page 2 or further -- has some information about how to get pictures.

It is
4:50
and already it is daylight :loveshower:

Kitty KCMO

Post by Kitty KCMO »

Good morning. :hi: Early morning insects sounds & bird song. Cuckoo birds have a sing-off contest. No bears, yet.

Kitty KCMO
Kitty KCMO

Post by Kitty KCMO »

I hear a raven cronking & talking. I wonder if we will be able to see raccoon dogs on this cam? I like them. :laugh:
Kitty KCMO
venegor

Post by venegor »

Fine picture
Liis

Post by Liis »

Jo UK wrote:This is another new webcam AND IT HAS NIGHT VISION!

mms://tv.eenet.ee/karu

Waiting for the English translation so we can have a proper description, but here is the Estonian page on LK
http://www.looduskalender.ee/node/10243
English translation, of sorts, HERE

More about Alutaguse, at the site that Jo already referred to: estonica.org..../Nature/Alutaguse/
Bleggi

Post by Bleggi »

Thank you for the new cam and thank you for the explanation, Liis. You do such a great job for this sides.
Greetings from Bleggi :hi:
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Many thanks for the translation, Liis.

Viewing full screen is interesting - there is such a wide area, and lots of little movements to look at. At the moment it is changing light and shade as branches move, but each one has to be checked in case it is an animal, bird or ghost!!

I can't imagine what cougar saw - that transparent thing on two legs!
cougar

Post by cougar »

In fact, I didn't see the legs :) Only the head and shoulders (it seemed so), and it moved, AS it walked on two legs. I also can't imagine, what was that. It was just very strange, to see it just after I wrote about the elves, lol. But surely, it didn't seem much like an elf, more like gnome or goblin or just a "woods' spirit". I honestly don't know. Maybe it has a totally logical, simple "normal" physical explanation, I just tried to describe, what I saw, lol. Bit spooky, though :)
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Really interesting, cougar.
I have seen the way the webcams produce an apparently transparent image - for instance, when a bird is leaving the nest. The fast movement is like a blur to us, looking at our screens.

I probably won't get up at 1 am to look for it, though!!
I know what you mean - moving as though on two legs.
cougar

Post by cougar »

I saw some birds too, and true, it was very fast move, like a quick, transparent shadow, a flash. But this wasn't absolutely like it - it moved quite slowly, like a human walks quietly, searching the better path through the grass and blueberries. That's what made me curious about it, bc at this slow speed, as it walked over the whole screen, it should of been more clear, if you know what I mean :innocent:

Return to “Alutaguse Bear Webcam”