Kasmu Maritime Museum Webcam Discussion 2012 -2013

Kasmu Meremuseum Webcam Viewing the Shoreline
Kitty KCMO

Re: Kasmu Maritime Museum Webcam Discussion 2012

Post by Kitty KCMO »

No cam, not even white screen for me tonight. :puzzled: The direct link to the cam has even been removed from the Looduskalender front page??? Has the museum decided we cannot link to them anymore? :cry:

Edit, 2:21-- I went to the Käsmu Meremuuseum website & there I found the webcam is active-- it just is no longer offered on our own front page.

A lovely scene in the middle of the night.

Kitty KCMO
Kitty KCMO

Post by Kitty KCMO »

I also discovered that the Käsmu stream comes in on VLC-player, but not Windows Media Player (which I usually use because the picture is sharper on my computer).

Ducks early in the morning.
Kitty KCMO
Cax

Post by Cax »

In my computer - on the contrary :( I'd like to have it on VLC, bc it allows to make the screenshots, and WMP isn't. But now it is right on the page, no need to open it with any player. Smaller, thou.
Majahaldjate Heaolu Edendamise Selts ja Võlukunsti Ministeerium On Jobud Grupp feat. Thorin teatavad: I am your favourite dwarf. Don't deny it, don't try to resist, resistance is futile :)
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Good morning :hi:

they have changed the stream of MMS to JWplayer.
I have no address for VLC :cry:

yess, I found it here :loveshower:
http://www.kasmu.ee/node/44

link for VLC : rtsp://193.40.133.138/live/kasmu
( the quality is much better :thumbs: )
Gaby

Post by Gaby »

Hello to all :wave:

Screenshot from homepage of Meremuuseum: Look at the marking.

Here is the text (quote from Aarne Vaik/Käsmu Meremuuseum):
Aarne Vaik kommenteerib: Vastu tulles nurinale, miks igast muuseumi aknast 24 tundi merd näeb, otsustasime selle pildi kodulehele üles panna, siis saab kadetsejate hinnangul "1 miljoni dollari" vaade miljoni eestlase vaateks.

Translator says something about law and I think this has to do with privacy (for example, such things as in the video recently)
I think, this is the end of camera-time for us on looduskalender :cry:

Maybe my last pics of the amazing views at Käsmu ...
EEST 04:32/04:44
EEST 04:44

Edit:
@ Fleur
Your link for VLC: Is it right?
Here it doesn't work.
alice44

Post by alice44 »

I am very sad as I wanted to do another day or two of captures once every two minutes or so -- to watch the light and clouds change. --

edit: I could do this with the mms link in GOM I do not think I can do it with vlc, but I can watch with the address Fleur posted.

Google translate is a special mystery providing a wide variety of translations, one of which will occasionally be close (I always get something, almost, but not quite completely unlike the intended meaning)
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Gaby: I read ... :laugh:

Aarne Vaik: Responding to the provocation, why every window of 24 hours in the sea like a museum, we decided to put this image homepage, you can kadetsejate estimates that "1 million dollar" view of the million Estonians view.

I would venture to suggest that Estonia is the most beautiful sky in a northerly direction in the evening and summer nights. So seadsimegi camera directly to the north. From there, the aurora can be seen. Be careful!
( translated with google )

we can still look, Aarne, you are lucky people :thumbs:

the link is right :laugh:
rtsp://193.40.133.138/live/kasmu
alice44

Post by alice44 »

I agree the quality is good except I do not think I like the colours as well, but I will have to wait for a lovely sunset or sunrise to be sure.
Gaby

Post by Gaby »

alice44 wrote:I agree the quality is good except I do not think I like the colours as well, but I will have to wait for a lovely sunset or sunrise to be sure.
I think, the WMP (in comparable image size) showed a finer view as now can be seen.
alice44 wrote:Google translate is a special mystery ...
You're right :laugh:
Cax

Post by Cax »

Fleur wrote:Gaby: I read ... :laugh:

Aarne Vaik: Responding to the provocation, why every window of 24 hours in the sea like a museum, we decided to put this image homepage, you can kadetsejate estimates that "1 million dollar" view of the million Estonians view.

I would venture to suggest that Estonia is the most beautiful sky in a northerly direction in the evening and summer nights. So seadsimegi camera directly to the north. From there, the aurora can be seen. Be careful!
( translated with google )

we can still look, Aarne, you are lucky people :thumbs:

the link is right :laugh:
rtsp://193.40.133.138/live/kasmu
Little correction, lol. People were a bit envy (in a good way) about that Million dollar view, and wanted Museum to share it with everyone. So then Museum settled the camera right to the north, bc at this side is the most beautiful sky.
Majahaldjate Heaolu Edendamise Selts ja Võlukunsti Ministeerium On Jobud Grupp feat. Thorin teatavad: I am your favourite dwarf. Don't deny it, don't try to resist, resistance is futile :)
alice44

Post by alice44 »

(I am in trouble I was playing with my vlc controls and they wont go back to normal -- so now I have only a cartoon view :slap: )
Lussi05

Post by Lussi05 »

Gaby, your pictures are beautiful, and I hope it is not your last... :unsure:

23:59
00:11
Agatheb2k

Post by Agatheb2k »

:thumbs: my postage stamps are ridiculous next to yours photos
Kitty KCMO

Post by Kitty KCMO »

:loveshower: Oh Lussi, the photos you made of the sunset colors are gorgeous!

I use the rtsp;// address Fleur found at the bottom of the cam view on the museum's cam page. It works in VLC-player, but not in WMP, which I prefer. But I can take snapshots with VLC-player, which I could not do with WMP-- I had to use screenshots & paste them into Paint & process them to crop away everything but the cam view & make it the size I wanted. I did not change colors at all because WMP seemed to render the colors well. I don't think VLC does colors & clarity quite as well.

But at least we can see the lovely northern sky, still.
Kitty KCMO
alice44

Post by alice44 »

I get that beautiful orange colour now that I am not using GOM. I think I followed instructions from the technical section so that I could get captures with WMP -- I switched to GOM because it is smaller, and easier to use (maybe someday they will update it so that I can use the rtsp format in it.)

If anyone knows how to make vlc take pictures on a schedule -- like once every minute let me know.

My capture from earlier

luckily after being off all night the colours returned to normal
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

I'm thinking if I can help :blush:

10:56 - Swans fly past

movie ?? :bash: :bash: :bash:

.. and a BarnSwallow
alice44

Post by alice44 »

I think I heard swans fly past a couple of times. I can hear them long before I see them. Only once did I get a flash of brilliant white, but I was not fast enough to capture it.
Lussi05

Post by Lussi05 »

Kitty KCMO wrote::loveshower: Oh Lussi, the photos you made of the sunset colors are gorgeous!
Thank you Kitty :wave: It was an amazing view last night, and the live colors was even more beautiful than on my pictures... :faint:

Nice pictures Alice and Fleur :thumbs:

14:50 - Visitors at the beach:
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

July 1
10:27
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

13:12 - There is activity on the beach

Return to “Kasmu Seashore Webcam Forum”