NEST OBSERVATIONS ESTLAT Osprey Nest 1 Madis & Piret ~ 2012

Bratte

Re: ESTLAT Osprey Nest Webcam Discussion 2012

Post by Bratte »

Starling wrote:13.56 Elo was eating. Leftovers from Nori or own fish? :puzzled:
13:52 Wow! Elo rush to Nori directly and robbed the poor girl's fish, Elo must be very hungry!
Cara

Post by Cara »

This was the fish for Elo .....

“Animals have done us no harm and they have no power of resistance.…There is something so very dreadful…in tormenting those who have never harmed us, who cannot defend themselves, who are utterly in our power.” (~ Cardinal John Henry Newman ~)
Cara

Post by Cara »

Fish for Nori! ..... a bit more than 30 minutes later .....

“Animals have done us no harm and they have no power of resistance.…There is something so very dreadful…in tormenting those who have never harmed us, who cannot defend themselves, who are utterly in our power.” (~ Cardinal John Henry Newman ~)
Cara

Post by Cara »

While Elo seems to await her 2nd fish, Nori eats and inbetween she looks to Uno at the cam support and talks to him every now and then .....

Cara

Post by Cara »

Angry Elo..... :rant: ..... "It's no matter if I had a fish around 1 hour ago - I want YOUR fish now! " :rant:

Also Uno in the nest now ..... after this scene Elo steals away the tail piece from Nori's fish .....

Lunan

Post by Lunan »

15.41:

Elo taking a little nap in the nest. Looks like bad weather is on the way. Dark sky behind him and it's getting more wind.

If you would like to support the Eagle Club, the bank account details are:

KOTKAKLUBI (address if needed: Hauka kula, Valgjarve vald, 63406 Polvamaa)
IBAN: EE182200221040359778
BIC: HABAEE2X
Swedbank AS, 8 Liivalaia Street,15040 Tallinn, Estonia

If you like to donate some for specific action, please mention it when you make your donation.
Bea

Post by Bea »

Elo should better find a safe place now - looks like a thunderstorm coming up :shock:

Nature does nothing in vain (Aristoteles)
Lunan

Post by Lunan »

15.46:
Madis delivers fish, Elo in the nest, gets it and mantles it at once. Uno arriving seconds too late for food.

If you like to donate some for specific action, please mention it when you make your donation.
Wil Muller

Post by Wil Muller »

15:46 Elo gets a fish

"Until it will show compassion for all living creatures, the man himself will not find peace" - Albert Schweitzer
Cara

Post by Cara »

After Uno got the boot from nest by Elo, she waited for another fish alone at nest..... she left the nest to come back again some seconds later and then left again, came back .... and so on..... after nest was empty since a while also Uno returned and waited for Madis ...... but Elo was around the nest and Uno decided it would be better to wait upstairs at the cam support..... Elo back in the nest alone ..... and ..... MADIS with fish ..... Elo got (of course!) and Uno dropped in the nest some seconds later, but too late ..... Elo's 2nd fish now - Nori also had a fish - but POOR Uno ..... No fish for him :cry:
Cara

Post by Cara »

Madis with fish and Elo alone in the nest ..... so the 2nd fish for Elo .....

Uno back in the nest, but a few seconds only too late ..... and the sky darkened for fishless hungry Uno.....
Wil Muller

Post by Wil Muller »

:innocent: 15:07 Sealegs for punky Elo

"Until it will show compassion for all living creatures, the man himself will not find peace" - Albert Schweitzer
Wil Muller

Post by Wil Muller »

:rant: 16:20 Nori and a very noisy and angry Elo on the nest 16:21 Elo leaves the nest

gjuselover

Post by gjuselover »

five minutes ago Elo lonely in nest get a fish from...MADIS!

16.30 ca
Wil Muller

Post by Wil Muller »

16:32 Elo with a living fish, I missed the delivery?

Lunan

Post by Lunan »

16.38:

Empty nest? Where did Elo and fish go?

Cara

Post by Cara »

Elo flew off with the fish ..... Uno back in the nest alone .... Uno up to the cam support now .....
sigma

Post by sigma »

Cara wrote:Hello Starling & Chimega and :hi: to everybody,

Yes, Madis delivered fish two times within about 30 minutes or so.
At this time they were Nori and Elo in the nest and Elo got the fish, but the situation after it looked like an intruder alarm, because Elo didn't start to eat and Nori went flat. Then Elo was nearly flat, too. Both were at "alert status" .....
..... then Elo started with eating and flew away with the fish after a short while.
Nori alone in the nest and Madis delivered a 2nd fish for Nori a short while later.
I could hear Uno at the cam support the whole time. During my typing now, I could hear something like a "short soft fight" and after being back at my cam window I saw Elo is eating the fish tail, so I suppose she stole it from Nori..... Also Uno is in the nest now .....
..... Now Nori and Elo off from the nest and Uno in the nest alone ("Please, Dad, come to me with fish, I am so hungy!" :bow: :laugh: .......)

A nice day to everybody :wave:
When fish was not beneath the talon, It's the best chance to steal or rob it.
Here comes the video
gjuselover

Post by gjuselover »

After that Elo got a fish again..the only deliever since I came in I wrote about it and got the time too

16.30 ca
Starling

Post by Starling »

17.09 Uno jumped up to the cam.

Return to “Osprey Webcam Forum”