DISCUSSION ESTLAT Osprey Nest 1 Madis & Piret ~ 2012

Bea

Re: ESTLAT Osprey Nest Webcam Discussion 2012

Post by Bea »

Jo UK wrote:But it is not quite right to say that Metsarita is a troll. I believe it was a genuine mistake by a new member.
I didn´t want to debase someone - all I want to say that it is much better to not answer and create a ping-pong thing.
You are surely right, Jo - it was probably only a mistake of a new member.
But in times of computer-viruses and -trojans I myself am cautious opening or answering messages like that .... that´s all.
Nature does nothing in vain (Aristoteles)
maertha

Post by maertha »

Machteld wrote:How do you make pictures of the livestream? I googled for it, but couldn't find the answer.
Hello Machteld, welcome!

In case you are still looking for a solution concerning the pictures, I would like to recommend VLC Player. It´s a freeware which enables you to record the live stream and to take pictures. You just have to press the record button or the camera symbol.
It works almost as a real camera.

Pictures and videos will be stored automatically, there´s no need to save each single picture. It´s also possible to record a video and to take pictures at the same time.

A fine additional function: If you have recorded a video, you can watch it in real-time or frame by frame. You can also take pictures from your video afterwards.
For more information please google “VLC media player”. After the download you have to copy/paste the URL of the wanted stream into VLC. You find this URL for a camera usually in one of the first postings of the corresponding forum.

The URL for VLC player for this osprey cam is rtsp://193.40.133.138:80/live/kalakotkas

If you want to post your pictures, you need an image hosting website like photobucket (free account, you can store thousands of photos there).
Macdoum already has mentioned it, in the topic “Technical Questions” you´ll find a lot of explanations about the upload and so on. viewforum.php?f=3

If you need any additional assistance, please post your question.
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Bea wrote: I didn´t want to debase someone - all I want to say that it is much better to not answer and create a ping-pong thing.
You are surely right, Jo - it was probably only a mistake of a new member.
But in times of computer-viruses and -trojans I myself am cautious opening or answering messages like that .... that´s all.
Yes, you are right to say that., too!
macdoum

Post by macdoum »

Jo UK wrote:I see I had it several times too. Sorry for the distraction. I hope it fades into the past, soon. I have not replied to any other PMs
But it is not quite right to say that Metsarita is a troll. I believe it was a genuine mistake by a new member.
Jo,Its happened before too if you remember..couple years back...alarm bells everywhere..somenone just made a mistake re TO and put all. instead of ex; Jo. :mrgreen: Just a mistake.
Carmel a member of SHOW .. I hope you love birds too. Its economical. It saves going to heaven.
Emily Dickinson
macdoum

Post by macdoum »

Thank you Maertha.
I'm surprised that lovely fluffy feather has not blown away with all the wind. So,the chicks won't be blown away yet. :rolleyes:
Carmel a member of SHOW .. I hope you love birds too. Its economical. It saves going to heaven.
Emily Dickinson
maertha

Post by maertha »

macdoum wrote:Thank you Maertha.
I'm surprised that lovely fluffy feather has not blown away with all the wind.
You´re welcome, macdoum. Concerning the feather I thought the same... probably ist a decoration feather, well fixed 8-) :laugh:
Machteld

Post by Machteld »

Good evening. Macmoud and Maertha, thank you very much for your welcome and your information! It is not as simple as I thought! I found the pictures back at Documents, not at Pictures, but to put them from there to here is another story. I 've written down the information and I am going to play with it when this week is over :slap:
In the meantime I will enjoy the livestream and the pictures which are shown here!! There is lots to see and enjoy!
jopie

Post by jopie »

Machteld wrote:Good evening. Macmoud and Maertha, thank you very much for your welcome and your information! It is not as simple as I thought! I found the pictures back at Documents, not at Pictures, but to put them from there to here is another story. I 've written down the information and I am going to play with it when this week is over :slap:
In the meantime I will enjoy the livestream and the pictures which are shown here!! There is lots to see and enjoy!

Hi Machteld, did you receive the document about Gadwin?
maertha

Post by maertha »

Machteld wrote:Good evening. Macmoud and Maertha, thank you very much for your welcome and your information! It is not as simple as I thought! I found the pictures back at Documents, not at Pictures, but to put them from there to here is another story. I 've written down the information and I am going to play with it when this week is over :slap:
Good evening, Machteld. Don´t worry, the procedure is less complicated than it appears.
Machteld

Post by Machteld »

I have tried to download VCL media player, but I got a serious viruswarning :puzzled:
maertha

Post by maertha »

jopie wrote:I am just impatient :blush:
Me too! Darn, it will be dark very soon... :faint:
Manu

Post by Manu »

Thanks for all the nice pictures of the 2 fluffy chicks :loveshower: .

@Machteld : Hello and welcome to the forum :hi: .
jopie

Post by jopie »

Machteld wrote:I have tried to download VCL media player, but I got a serious viruswarning :puzzled:
Yes, but machteld, look into your mailbox here
maertha

Post by maertha »

Machteld wrote:I have tried to download VCL media player, but I got a serious viruswarning :puzzled:
What was the exact wording of this warning?

Edit: Machteld, sorry, I forgot to mention: It would be probably better to post questions like this in the topic "Technical Questions"/Questions.
See forum index page, it´s at the bottom of the page below "Social Corner".
Or click here viewtopic.php?f=3&t=26&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=340
Machteld

Post by Machteld »

Hallo Jopie, thank you for your pm. I 've send you one back. Maerthe, you are right. I am a bit confused by the possibilities of this site :blush:
Machteld

Post by Machteld »

Manu, thank you for your welcome!
Galina

Post by Galina »

Machteld welcome :wave: .

I can hear male deer, hehe.
Getting darker, maybe in the morning, there will be a 3rd chick.
Machteld

Post by Machteld »

Galina, thank you for your welcome!
Yoko

Post by Yoko »

:loveshower:
Good day !
Yoko
jopie

Post by jopie »

Stream gone again. I hope it is not the batteries. :cry:

Return to “Osprey Webcam Forum”