DISCUSSION ESTLAT Osprey Nest 1 Madis & Piret ~ 2012

asteria

Re: Conversation and Art ~ ESTLAT Osprey Nest 1 ~ 2012

Post by asteria »

There was a picture of Erika from 2001 when she was an eaglet, so she was 11 years old.
Dadel

Post by Dadel »

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.
Urmas

Post by Urmas »

asteria wrote:There was a picture of Erika from 2001 when she was an eaglet, so she was 11 years old.
The picture was taken 2001 of the nest of Erika used for nesting 2007 and later, those chicks could be the chicks of Erika, but we do not know exactly.
birdnerd

Post by birdnerd »

Evening,

I just read the terrible news that Erika had perished along the Nile.
We followed Piret and Madis's nest all throughout last year, but now have been keeping track of all the birds on the migration map, and feel rather heartbroken at this veteran Osprey's demise.

I'm just wondering: was Erika Piret's mother? (someone alluded to that here). If so, I'm wondering if Piret's extreme proximity to Erika on the map right now (a mile...two at most) has something to do with their 'relationship'... if mom and daughter birds stay in touch, that is!
Piret has sort of gone up and down a bit, right around where Erika would be, so I'm wondering if maybe Piret knows what happened, etc.. Or perhaps they all just take that same route and it's a coincidence...

Anyway, so so sad. And my condolences to the Erika-watchers!
asteria

Post by asteria »

Perhaps Erika could be Piret's sister, siblings often fly together.
Dadel

Post by Dadel »

:cry: [img]Dear friends, when I joke about Piret and Erica did, I did not know that Erica was deceased. Of course, my tasteless joke about. I am sorry that this happens is terrible and I find it very sad that Erica is deceased.
If I had known, I had not posted the joke.
To all who have disturbed at my joke, I offer my apologies.
Erica is not the mother of Piret.Dat was part of the joke from last season.
[/img] :cry: :slap:
meierlein

Post by meierlein »

:peek:

Võru
Gemessene Werte 15:00 Uhr Lokalzeit
2,1 °C
leicht bewölkt

:2thumbsup:
brusnika

Post by brusnika »

Hi, dear forum participants!
I am very glad to find this forum, because I miss my family ospreys. I admired them in the summer of 2012! And even saw the moment when the youngest osprey returned to the nest after the departure of the family and her mom came back for the daughter, grabbed her in legs (like a fish) and suffered from the nest! :thumbs:

The empty nest was also interesting to watch, but it switched off! And I began to wait, when turn on again! Tell me, please, when we again see this Jack?

It is very sad to read news that one of the birds died! Maybe it was a mistake? Maybe, just off the sensor? I want to believe that the whole family safe and sound! And really looking forward to when the camera turns on again!!!!!!!!
Eden

Post by Eden »

brusnika wrote: It is very sad to read news that one of the birds died! Maybe it was a mistake? Maybe, just off the sensor?
There is a column „News“ on migration map (http://birdmap.5dvision.ee/index.php?lang=en), where you can read details.
One planet meets another. Planet 1 says to Planet 2, “Hey you look terrible”. Planet 2 says, “Yes I know. I have Homo Sapiens.” Planet 1 says, “Don’t worry. I had that too and it will soon disappear.
NancyM
Site Admin

Post by NancyM »

Welcome to the forum, brusnika!

We are not sure of the exact day the Estonian osprey cams will open for the season, but it might be in early April as the migrating birds come closer to home.

Unfortunately, Erika the Osprey was indeed lost (died) ... you can read the information at the link that Eden posted for you. Everyone is very sad about this news.
Dadel

Post by Dadel »

Hello everyone, It is realy sad Erica died. I think Piret is looking for her in the Nile delta. They med eachother while they go to Soedan at the same place as now and Piret is still there.
brusnika

Post by brusnika »

Thank you all for the tips. It is very sad that the birds are so defenseless in the distant journey, especially sorry that killed a very good mother. In this case, will once again the residents in the nest?
NancyM
Site Admin

Post by NancyM »

bruniska, we can only wait and see what happens.
brusnika

Post by brusnika »

NancyM, Yes, I understand it :slap:

Hurrah! I saw the new link on the ospreys! Now I'll wait to return! :loveshower:
NancyM
Site Admin

Post by NancyM »

We have started a new topic for Osprey Chat for 2013, and this one will be closed.

2013 osprey chat topic: viewtopic.php?f=56&t=573

Return to “Osprey Webcam Forum”