DISCUSSION ESTLAT Osprey Nest 1 Madis & Piret ~ 2012

Cara

Re: ESTLAT Osprey Nest Webcam Discussion 2012

Post by Cara »

Elo could feel (see/hear) Dad's coming..... But permanently being surround the nest it needed some seconds only until Uno came back, too.

Dad! The SALVATION!
As you can see, also Nori was nearby and of course also her target: the DINING HALL .....!

Look at Nori's face :laugh: "WAIT! I HURRY! .....*WHIRLING SPEED* ....." :rotf:
But ELO did NOT wait..... Why she should? She waited the whole day! So she got the fish!

“Animals have done us no harm and they have no power of resistance.…There is something so very dreadful…in tormenting those who have never harmed us, who cannot defend themselves, who are utterly in our power.” (~ Cardinal John Henry Newman ~)
IKat

Post by IKat »

Osprey parents must be very tolerant......the chicks here are screaming for breakfast....and the chicks at Hellgate are screaming for dinner..the parents are just screaming :help:

http://www.cas.umt.edu/geosciences/facu ... index.html
S7-Nori-F?
S8-Uno-M?
S9-Elo-F?

"There is nothing in which the birds differ more from man than the way in which they can build and yet leave a
landscape as it was before." ~ Robert Lynd
Wisteria

Post by Wisteria »

^^^^Morning Nancy :wave:

gjuselover wrote:S9 in nest..goodmorning ..one before me have more details..nice morning in the nest..fun to hear that all three was together ..today I hope someone learns to fish..How does Madis teach them ..the big thing is that if they catch too big fish and cant get rid of it they will drown..not easypeasy that one..worrie is my shadow..curlingparent I am

Good morning, gjuselover.

I too wonder how Madis teaches them. I suppose it's "learn by watching"?
Mamushka

Post by Mamushka »

Cara, I enjoy very much the "comics" you make with our eagle family. Your comments and the photos are very ingenious and funny.
Wisteria

Post by Wisteria »

I hope nobody minds if I post these portraits again, now with an explanation.

Yesterday morning it was misty and damp, and Uno and Nori happened to "pose" with their legs out showing their bands, as if for a formal portrait. (Elo finally posed after the mist was gone.)

That gave me an idea, because they will soon begin their migration, so they are "graduating" from the nest.

I don't know if other countries do this, but in the U.S.A. when a class graduates from high school they all get a yearbook with portraits of all their classmates to keep forever. Sometimes the students also vote for slogans to put below the portraits, usually things like "Cutest", "Most brainy", "Smartest", "Bravest", etc. Then they sort of predict the future by saying what each student is "most likely" to do, such as Most Likely to Land on the Moon, Most Likely to Become President, and so on. So I did all that with the Osprey portraits.

There have been so many great videos and photos and other tributes to this successful nesting season, and I wanted to offer something too, for my fellow forum members. So here they are, well-fed and well-fledged, ready to begin their first migration. I hope you like my tribute to the "nest graduates" of 2012.

(Uno's portrait courtesy of NancyM's screen cap)

Always in our hearts, if not always in the nest. :chick: :chick: :chick:
Wisteria

Post by Wisteria »

Does anybody know the altitude of the area where the nest is?

Also, has any of them brought a fish of their own to the nest yet?
Celeste

Post by Celeste »

Wisteria wrote:I hope nobody minds if I post these portraits again, now with an explanation.

Yesterday morning it was misty and damp, and Uno and Nori happened to "pose" with their legs out showing their bands, as if for a formal portrait. (Elo finally posed after the mist was gone.)

That gave me an idea, because they will soon begin their migration, so they are "graduating" from the nest.

I don't know if other countries do this, but in the U.S.A. when a class graduates from high school they all get a yearbook with portraits of all their classmates to keep forever. Sometimes the students also vote for slogans to put below the portraits, usually things like "Cutest", "Most brainy", "Smartest", "Bravest", etc. Then they sort of predict the future by saying what each student is "most likely" to do, such as Most Likely to Land on the Moon, Most Likely to Become President, and so on. So I did all that with the Osprey portraits.

There have been so many great videos and photos and other tributes to this successful nesting season, and I wanted to offer something too, for my fellow forum members. So here they are, well-fed and well-fledged, ready to begin their first migration. I hope you like my tribute to the "nest graduates" of 2012.

:bow:
Wisteria - this is the best remedy for my "empty nest syndrome". I love the pictures.
:loveshower: :loveshower:
meierlein

Post by meierlein »

Wisteria wrote:Does anybody know the altitude of the area where the nest is?

Also, has any of them brought a fish of their own to the nest yet?

:peek:

I read somewhere,
that the chicks after fletching go to their nest to get food,
if they have not been successful with catching fishes

and the nest is all time the place for delivery

and a family-meeting-point ^^ :gathering:

:wave:
MarshaMay

Post by MarshaMay »

Wisteria wrote:I hope nobody minds if I post these portraits again, now with an explanation.

Always in our hearts, if not always in the nest. :chick: :chick: :chick:
Hi Wisteria, Very creative and such a great idea! I really like this. :)
alice44

Post by alice44 »

IKat wrote:The cranes calls sound more haunting with all the mist around this morn....good night all.... :offtobed:
Goodnight
Wisteria

Post by Wisteria »

Thanks for the info, meierlein! :bow:

And thanks Celeste and MarshaMay; I'm glad you enjoy the portraits :D
:chick: :chick: :chick:
meierlein

Post by meierlein »

beautiful colours this morning
the chicks golden brown feathers in the sunny nest
and the sorroundings looks a little bit like autumn

meierlein

Post by meierlein »

Wisteria wrote:Thanks for the info, meierlein! :bow:

And thanks Celeste and MarshaMay; I'm glad you enjoy the portraits :D
:chick: :chck: :chick:

You are welcome ^^

btw - I saved the portraits already for my children‘s book about Nori ^^

:mrgreen:
Wisteria

Post by Wisteria »

meierlein wrote:
You are welcome ^^

btw - I saved the portraits already for my children‘s book about Nori ^^

:mrgreen:
:rotf: :headroll: Just so long as you send me a copy when it's published :laugh:
MarshaMay

Post by MarshaMay »

How cute little Nori is! Almost falling asleep waiting for that fish. :)
Yiki

Post by Yiki »

Those portraits are so lovely, Wisteria. And your video brought tears to my eyes, snApe1118. Thank you so much, all of you. I'm so glad to be a part of this community. :loveshower: :loveshower: :loveshower:
wega07

Post by wega07 »

snApe1118 wrote:From the first moment I saw I fell in love with Madis and Piret and also the youngsters Uno, Elo and Nori. :loveshower:

I will never forget this weeks/months.

That's why I made ​​this video:

https://vimeo.com/47880398

Hope you like it
A beautiful video. I get tears in my eyes.
nirtak

Post by nirtak »

snApe1118 wrote:That's why I made ​​this video:
https://vimeo.com/47880398
Hope you like it
Thank you very mach, very nice video :cry:
meierlein

Post by meierlein »

Neuigkeiten
19.08.2012 Herbst-Zug hat begonnen

Heute können wir bestätigen, dass die meisten der Schwarzstörche und der Fischadler-Weibchen ihren Vogelzug begonnen haben. Schwarzstorch Raivo startete am 13., Priidu wahrscheinlich am 10. und Pirsu am 8. August. Von anderen Schwarzstörchen bekommen wir keine Informationen, doch sollten einige nochmal auftauchen, werden wir es mitteilen.

Ein neuer Fischadler ist auf der Karte – Piret – gut bekannt als das Weibchen der Fischadler Kamera und es ist möglich ihr zu folgen. Sie begann ihren Zug am 17. August. Piret wurde im Zug des ESTLAT Adler Projektes besendert und es werden noch drei weitere Fischadler auf der Karte gezeigt, einer aus Estland und zwei aus Lettland. Diese sind im Moment in der Nähe ihrer Brutplätze und werden gezeigt werden, wenn sie ihren Zug beginnen. Den sechsten Herbstzug von Fischadler Erika können wir sehen, obwohl ihr Sender etwas abgenutzt ist und nicht jeden Tag Daten sendet. Erika ist losgeflogen, doch es gibt noch keine genauen Ortungen um sie auf der Karte zu zeigen.

LSE und GSE ziehen noch nicht. Jedoch hat Schelladler Tõnn Deutschland besucht, kehrte aber nach Dänemark zurück.

=======================================================================

News
19.08.2012 Autumn migration started

Today we can confirm that most of Black Storks and female Ospreys are turned to migration. So Black Stork Raivo started at 13th, Priidu probably at 10th and Pirsu at 8th of August. Other Black Storks do not send information, but if some appear again, we let you know.
There is new Osprey on map - Piret - well known female from Osprey web camera and is possible to follow. She started at 17th of August. Piret has been tagged within ESTLAT Eagles project and there will be shown three Ospreys more, one from Estonia and two from Latvia. Those are now near breeding sites, so will be visible if start to migrate. Sixth autumn migration we can see of Osprey Erika, though her transmitter is a bit worn and does not send every day data. Erika started, but there are no locations exact enough to show on map.
LSE and GSE do not migrate, yet. Nevertheless, GSE Tõnn already visited Germany, but returned to Denmark.

Wisteria

Post by Wisteria »

snApe1118, I want to add my thanks for the video to all the others who enjoyed it too. Very well done, and you caught so many milestones. And the music was perfect. Thank you!

:loveshower: :2thumbsup:

Return to “Osprey Webcam Forum”