2013 Seasonal Summarymid-April
- young WTEs visit the nest
Urmas noted: The immature White-tailed Eagle in nest wearing the ring C550 is ringed by me 23.06.2010 about 5 km of the Ilmars nest as single chick in nest. C550 has been observed and photographed in the area also before during all those years.April 15
-The WTE were followed by a visiting, unringed osprey.April 22
- An unringed female osprey visited the nest. Ilmar arrived
with a fish! The female bit his ankle. Ilmar worked on the nest and mated(?) with the female, but also turned his back on her (signaling perhaps that he is not a threat). April 24
-A visiting osprey on the nest.April 25
- A duck, and then a ringed WTE (C550) visited the nest while Ilmar was away. Later in the day, an adult male kestrel landed on the nest. April 25-26
- At 20:00 on the 25th, a new pair of young WTE landed on the nest and were back the next day. Looduskalender article: http://www.looduskalender.ee/en/node/16566April 27
- Ilmar returned to the nest, with fish, but no females have been around.April 29
- Another unringed osprey visited the nest, as did WTE C550April 29
- Irma (U5) arrived home in the afternoon. Ilmar delivered fish and they mated.Egg #1
- May 09 (DJ, Kaido)Hatched June 15, 17:54Fledged August 6Last seen on nest September 8Egg #2
- May 13 (DH, Kenno)Hatched June 17, 11:30Fledged August 9 at 07:26Egg #3
-May 16 (DK, Kaari)Hatched June 20, 9:00Died from unknown cause on August 2
The three chicks were ringed on July 17: http://www.looduskalender.ee/en/node/17373
Ülo Väli from Kotkaklubi (Eagle Club) sent the results of the ringing, with comments. Our thanks to him!
Kaido hatched on June 15th – Ring DJ
, wing 248 mm, weight 1310 g, probably male.
The middle one is called Kenno, hatched on June 17th – Ring DH
, wing 259 mm, weight 1460 g, probably female.
The smallest, Kaari, did not hatch until in the evening of June 20th - Ring DK
, wing 205 mm, weight 1310 g, probably female.
Migration (assumed) DatesAugust 23
Irma last seen on the nestSeptember 8
Kaido last seen on the nestSeptember 12
Ilmar and Kenno last seen on the nestSeptember 13
One osprey seen on the "dead tree" behind the nest, no sightings or calls after 12:05.