Black Stork Tracks

Migration Maps, Tõnn, Greater Spotted Eagle and Black Storks
Made

Re: Black Stork Tracks

Post by Made »

Solo, there is no reason for sorry - pictures are "same" (but different :2thumbsup: ) and not in competition, and most importantly, that we had been in our own "meditation process" about the theme given by Abigyl: had Eedi moved enough? :rolleyes: :chick: :D
Abigyl

Post by Abigyl »

I knew that Raivo is OK. He knows the pools for many years and knows how to manage there. But it was nice to see him touring a little and looking for new pools from time to time.

I thing the Fish grew up and went to the markets so he needed to find new babies.

Who knows how much is he eating per day?

I worried only for Eedi because of the bad weather. Glad he is OK
Solo

Post by Solo »

Abigyl wrote:I knew that Raivo is OK. He knows the pools for many years and knows how to manage there. But it was nice to see him touring a little and looking for new pools from time to time. I thing the Fish grew up and went to the markets so he needed to find new babies. Who knows how much is he eating per day? I worried only for Eedi because of the bad weather. Glad he is OK
:hi: Abigyl,
very interesting question - I read only this: "Energy assimilation of black storks is almost twofold higher than the estimated daily energy expenditure." (Prey selection of the Black stork in the African wintering area from Chevallier Damien et alt.)

Edit: I have answer from rescue station - In the rescue station one adult black stork consumes about 10 common roach in size from 10 to 15 cm (or 10-12 pieces one day chicks), in natur storks ate more (he saw in 1/2 hour 10 pieces 10 cm long common carps to eat)
Solo

Post by Solo »

MEIJA :cry:

from movebank:

from dabasdati (Verotaja):
"Laikam esmu pārāk nepacietīga
Saņēmos un uzrakstīju Mārim Strazdam vēstuli forumiešu vārdā ar lūgumu komentēt Fejas raidītāja aizvešanas apstākļus.
Māris Strazds raksta:
Jūs esat nepacietīgi... Ja sekojat uzmanīgi, tad gan jau pamanījāt arī to, ka šis Fejas "ceļojuma" gabals jau nākamajā dienā no kartes pazuda. Kaut kad (pavisam drīz?) es par to uzrakstīšu, vispirms man jātiek skaidrībā ar to, kas notika ar Meiju un visu darīt kavē totāls laika (un naudas) trūkums. Lūdzu ar spekulācijām forumā nenodarboties, bet drusku pagaidīt. Pagaidām varu pateikt vienīgi to, ka raidītājs ir savākts "ar manu ziņu".

google translator:
"I guess I'm too impatient
I get Maris Strazds and wrote a letter on behalf of forum with a request to comment on the removal of the transmitter Fejas conditions.
Maris Strazds writes:
You are impatient ... If you follow carefully, then both have noticed also that the Feja "tour" a piece of the next day from the card disappeared. While the (soon?), I'll write about it, first I have to figure out what happened to Meij and everything to do hinders total time (and money) deficiency. Please refrain forum speculation, but a little wait. Yet I can say only that the transmitter has been collected "with my message."
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

Liz01 wrote: Still no new information from our girls :shake:
EDIT: Sarma is a boy :laugh:
asteria

Post by asteria »

Then his name should be Sarmat. :book:
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

asteria wrote:Then his name should be Sarmat. :book:
should be Sarmis :laugh: Sarmis means *snowfrost* :innocent:

EDIT: http://www.behindthename.com/name/sarmis/submitted

http://www.behindthename.com/submit/names/usage/latvian

Sarma means *hoarfrost* those are beautiful names :laugh:
Hellem

Post by Hellem »

:hi:
December 1st, new data from Eedi. He is still in the same area in Saudi Arabia :D
Solo

Post by Solo »

Hellem wrote::hi:
December 1st, new data from Eedi. He is still in the same area in Saudi Arabia :D
Hellem, TY
:loveshower:
Solo

Post by Solo »

King Fahad Dam

(http://www.bishahtoday.com/wp-content/u ... WA0006.jpg)
Wadi/river Tarj (?)
Solo

Post by Solo »

Liz01 wrote: should be Sarmis :laugh: Sarmis means *snowfrost* :innocent: EDIT: http://www.behindthename.com/name/sarmis/submitted http://www.behindthename.com/submit/names/usage/latvian Sarma means *hoarfrost* those are beautiful names :laugh:
TY Liz :wave: all have/had nice name
Solo

Post by Solo »

Solo wrote:King Fahad Dam
better view
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

Hellem, Solo :hi:
thanks for the good news :headroll:
it's so nice to hear, that it one of our storks goes well :laugh:

I miss new data from our Upene.I hope all Storklet will soon move into an area where there is GPS :bow:
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

December 4

new data from Eedi 02.12. (I think) :puzzled:

yes, there are new data :laugh: :loveshower:

Made

Post by Made »

Hmm... what is really going on in birdmap? I suppose, that is going shift in date about one day. It is not for the first time, I notice changes in dates also before.
When I looked birdmap on 2-december for Eedi route, I note, that he arrived at the King Fahad Dam on 21-november, then again on 24-november, he arrived at last place (what is in Liz01 picture) on 1-december and nothing changed when I pressed the button for next day, that is 2-december.
Now the route is the same, but all events happens on next day than it was in map on the day when the data entered.
Is it so?
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

Made, That already happened to me too. I do not understand it :puzzled:

today I have new transmitting data for 01 and 02 December :nod:
Made

Post by Made »

Liz01, let us compare pictures (yours with pictures in Solo`s comment on 2-december) :gathering: :)
I see the same data on different date (one day later) 8-)

(I checked in birdmap now, that realy Eeedi arrived at this place on 2-december, but I don`t think, that it is because of new transmitter data - only date ir corrected from 1-december to 2-december)

lianaliesma

Post by lianaliesma »

Hi, LK forumers! :hi:

Yesterday, Dec 5, 2015, dabasdati.lv forumers met with ornitologists Māris Strazds and Jānis Ķuze.
While waiting for more data from Ziļuka Upene wintering places, DD forumers took the possibility to gain the latest information. Along with other issues the project "Black stork Zīle or Ozols equippment with a transmitter" was discussed. This would provide an excellent opportunity for both researchers and webcam observers to gain more information about black storks in general, and our favorite Zile and Ozols in particular. Besides it is very inspiring to be with ornitologists enthusiasts and help them implement nature conservation ideas. Transmitter costs, starting with ~ 2000 EUR.
Donations to Latvian Ornithological Society/LOB/ for a specific purpose "For Goris, transmitter purchase":

Latvian Ornithological Society
Reg. No .: 40008002230
Bank: Swedbank
Bank code SWIFT/BIC: HABALV22
Account IBAN: LV34HABA000140J035491
We are living in a dangerous age. Human beings dominate nature, before they have learned to control themselves. -Albert Schweitzer
I have been studying the traits and dispositions of the so-called "lower animals" versus the traits and dispositions of man. The result humiliates me. - Mark Twain
Hellem

Post by Hellem »

:hi:
Detcember 6th, the new data from Sarma. She is in Ethiopia, close to lake Tana :D
Solo

Post by Solo »

Hellem wrote::hi:
December 6th, the new data from Sarma. She is in Ethiopia, close to lake Tana :D
:loveshower: :loveshower: :loveshower:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Tana

Return to “Migration Maps and News”