Black Stork Tracks

Migration Maps, Tõnn, Greater Spotted Eagle and Black Storks
Solo

Re: Black Stork Tracks

Post by Solo »

EEDI
Urmas wrote:... Eedi already made two days trip to Latvia, but returned yesterday to home range again. (viewtopic.php?p=547587#p547587)
Solo

Post by Solo »

August 15th

Made, dabasdati (GT :bow: )
1. MARE: Mare came back across the three Danes: P (I got the news from Movebank, but the picture does not say much) The 2nd Gori page does not work ... maybe some new entry? : Roll: https://dabasdati.lv/forums/viewtopic.p ... 96#p151696
2. ... in Engure we were told that there is also one adult stork in Latvia equipped with a transmitter. I do not know anything in detail. https://dabasdati.lv/forums/viewtopic.p ... 05#p151705
Made

Post by Made »

Yes, Solo, in previous comments in DD I told about four Donavas (the Danube in Latvian) - how the Danube divides and therefore forms Small Braila Island and Big Braila Island and Mare yesterday cross "the 3 Danubes" to go to Big Braila Island sites, but today she went back (not the same place, but back), and such I assess the yesterday`s picture from goris better than Movebank new picture :)
Made

Post by Made »

Simba asks Maris Strazds about news. I correct GT in places, where I not understand, such there are possible mistakes by me :blush: I apologize MS, if the text is not so correct as it could be written in english by himself. It is only my version.
Since I has not given any news for a long time, and there is not enough information in the public space also, I can share brief information to all the supporters and people interested in the situation.

I have received the first results (not all) from BIOR, but I would say honestly - I have not even seen them by myself (in order not to hurt my nerve prematurely) - when all the analysis will be finished, then I`l look (there is no analysis of glifosate, because it goes on in Germany).

By the way, I downloaded Mares data in Romania, which was also successful - and you can see it on the Goris website for some time. Thanks to the complete downloading of data, the distance from the 15912 km turned to 27964 km. Now Mare`s transmitter is cleaned up and working, let us just keep track of what's going on.

In general, I can inform that this year, on June 30, a transmitter was placed on a single adult bird (7 years old male, the name given Aivo), but his path was not published to uncover the location of the nest. Three days ago, he was already on the road and last night had already reached the almost Belarusian-Ukrainian border (about 500 km from the nest). The migration route will be available at Gori sometime, but for the time being, this bird's data is only available to me and their publication will take a bit of work on both the LV and the German side (and now there is no time at all) - I will go to the Conference tomorrow in Finland, where one of the reports is about the impact of predators and logging on black storks.

Thanks to the data provided by Aivo (feeding area 10-23 km from the nest) and other new knowledge, I reviewed the situation in Latvia this year - and unfortunately it should be said that the number of nesting pairs this year is somewhere between 90 and 140. Only. There are also some 100 nests in which there are an indefinite number of (1-3 + each) of birds without breeding, not only males, some nests also have extra moms, but there is not breading anyway. Why? It's hard to say with certainty, one of the (credible) possibilities is chemistry.

Today I took the first 19 eggs to BIOR - all eggs of 2015, including both eggs ejected by WTE from a Webcam nest. BIOR management promised the best possible price, but due to the total number of samples (including 2016 and 2017, which still needs to be prepared, it could be need more than a twice money - I do not know exactly how many of the old samples will remain in a usable position). Therefore, it is clear that the money for analysis is not enough and if you can ask, then post this message to potential supporters. If someone has a "might", then perhaps the most likely institutional supporters are also of interest to work in the future. An overview of the required amount will be at the end of August, when I will take all samples to BIOR and when I receive an invoice.

original in latvian is here
https://dabasdati.lv/forums/viewtopic.p ... 13#p151713
Solo

Post by Solo »

Made wrote:Simba asks Maris Strazds about news. I correct GT in places, where I not understand, such there are possible mistakes by me :blush: I apologize MS, if the text is not so correct as it could be written in english by himself. It is only my version. ... original in latvian is here https://dabasdati.lv/forums/viewtopic.p ... 13#p151713
:hi: Made, TY very muche for all :2thumbsup: I hope for photos - Mare in Romania :headroll:
Solo

Post by Solo »

August 16th
DATA AUGUST 15

goris.lv - MARE

12:30 in this area (irrigated field)
Solo

Post by Solo »

DATA AUGUST 16th

goris.lv - MARE

back in this area 09:30
Solo

Post by Solo »

AUGUST 17th

goris.lv - MARE

today also in the area - she flew +2km to north
Polizeşti is a small town in Romania, population is about 166. (Brăila County, Romania)

near is Stancuta (3,1km), the irrigation canal: http://www.panoramio.com/photo/54198683
Solo

Post by Solo »

AUGUST 18th

goris.lv - MARE
back to one from her favourite area

from Polizeşti to Gura Gârluței

Solo

Post by Solo »

AUGUST 19th

goris.lv - MARE
new data - old area (near Gura Gârluței)
28159 km (+1km :mrgreen: )
Solo

Post by Solo »

AUGUST 21st

goris.lv - MARE
today they are new data :thumbs:
situation
direction north
new area
Solo

Post by Solo »

street view (position, where Mare crossed the road) https://goo.gl/maps/bTWfaK8gTAU2

today end - detail
Solo

Post by Solo »

AUGUST 22nd

goris.lv - MARE
only very, very little moving (waether is bad?)

Solo

Post by Solo »

MIGRATION 2017 - 2018

AUGUST 23rd

birdmap KARL

Urmas wrote: http://www.looduskalender.ee/forum/view ... 44#p548544

Distance: 221 km, Last data: 22.08.2017

direction south :mrgreen: (Latvia)

not far from Biksēre, Madona Municipality (Latvian: Madonas novads) in Vidzeme (historical and cultural region - the "Middle land")
Solo

Post by Solo »

goris MARE

to north and to south, back to "her" place :laugh:

Solo

Post by Solo »

Solo

Post by Solo »

August 24th

birdmap RAIVO
Distance: 410 km, Last data: 23.08.2017
Lithuania
direction Ignalina
near Bališkiai
Solo

Post by Solo »

green KARL, blue Raivo (black Eedi)
Solo

Post by Solo »

goris MARE

still the same area

Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

Solo TY for the updates :bow: :2thumbsup:

I think, Raivo will fly straigth to his fish ponds in Israel.. without any break :mrgreen:

And Mare will wintering on this place :laugh:

Return to “Migration Maps and News”