Owls Around the World

Bleggi

Re: Owls Around the World

Post by Bleggi »

here we see two little babies - one egg is still there without :bounce:
Lussi05

Post by Lussi05 »

Bleggi :wave: Thank you for the pictures of "your" Owl and the babies, they are very beautiful :loveshower:
alice44

Post by alice44 »

Especially the second photo with cute little owl standing and looking at us :loveshower:
Bleggi

Post by Bleggi »

A new picture from yesterday shows the little ones - during the days they are under their mother

Mother owl looking for more food - flying away again
Bleggi

Post by Bleggi »

Yesterday just when I finished writing here I turned back to the Owl-cam and what did I see? The little ones during the day without her mom. So I could get a coloured pic of them and when the mother was back she was looking on the right and left side and then to me? Wonderful how this bird looks like...

Bleggi

Post by Bleggi »

New picture of the owl-family
It is hard to meet mama-owl in the nest. Often she is on her way to look for food
alice44

Post by alice44 »

They sure are growing.
Lussi05

Post by Lussi05 »

Nice to see that the Owl family are well, and your babies are growing very fast Bleggi :wave:
Bleggi

Post by Bleggi »

Little owls are growing

It is a pitty that while taking pictures the note in the middle of the pic doesnt disappear faster. When I see this will be a nice picture I have to turn the view to be big. While waiting for a clear sight the owl will turn where ever and so I took the last picture to show the little owl in front of the pot when she is looking to us. :whistling: I hope you will understand what I mean.
alice44

Post by alice44 »

I have exactly that same problem.
Bleggi

Post by Bleggi »

Now the owls are on different places. I dont know when the first one jumped out of the pot. The cam sometimes is off.
10.11.2011 alone
looking for the sibling
alice44

Post by alice44 »

so cute :loveshower:
Bleggi

Post by Bleggi »

some more pics of the owls from this night:
one little on the roof of the small house...
flying to the pot and...
.. to the branch in front of the pot, but when...
mama owl is coming with meal...
... all three are together for showing us: "We are still here" :bounce:
Bleggi

Post by Bleggi »

This will be my last report of the owls. Cam is often off during the day and at night one cannot see very good the owls. I saw the young ones flying - they will find the way they need and mom and dad are still caring - I could read in chat.
Some pictures of today:

Kitty KCMO

Post by Kitty KCMO »

You have documented the little owlets well, Bleggi. I have just now seen all that you have done. Thank you for sharing all the pictures. :loveshower:
Kitty KCMO
Bleggi

Post by Bleggi »

Kitty: Thank you for your interest in my reports and the lovely owls.
While in Estland were not so many animals to watch I stayed for some time at South Africa.
:hi: Bleggi
alice44

Post by alice44 »

Bleggi wrote:Kitty: Thank you for your interest in my reports and the lovely owls.
While in Estland were not so many animals to watch I stayed for some time at South Africa.
:hi: Bleggi
Bleggi, I too have been watching wildlife in South Africa, but I have been watching the safari drives, so I mostly missed the owls except for your posts.
RestlessRose

Post by RestlessRose »

The cam for PPO in SA will soon be off. It is now directed towards the wetlands behind Tracey's and Allan's home. Probably this is where PPO and the family may be roosting. The chicks have fledged, on Thanksgiving Day, most appropriate :rolleyes:

This is a video by Truk of the journey :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQklhEc9 ... plpp_video

This is a video of Tracey and Allan's farewell, on their balcony from SA :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZwVoydS22c

A facebook group had been created for PPO's extended family, friends, and fans to stay in touch, until the next season. It is an open group, and all are welcome :

https://www.facebook.com/groups/294125157287257/

Enjoy, a most merry christmas and happy new year to owl lovers

Rebecca
Bleggi

Post by Bleggi »

Hello Rebecca!
Thank you so very much for telling about the cam, the family and everything that is going on with the owls and the place they stayed.
Sorry but in Germany the first link doesnt work. I am told that there perhaps would be music inside which is not free. But the other ones are working.
Kindest regards and all the best wishes to you
a very interested owl-lover Bleggi :wave:
ame

Post by ame »

oo! what a lovely owl family! :loveshower: thank you so much Bleggi! :wave:

there was an article about the city owls in Helsinki in the newspaper Helsingin Sanomat yesterday. it says that the male eagleowl of the couple which nested on a building top in downtown Helsinki last spring is probably found dead in October on a rooftop of some building. Marja Saarinen who has followed the lives of the eagleowls very intensly says that she had heard the male on Oct 20th the last time in the city centre of Helsinki. it was then together with the female and they were calling a lot to each other. after that Marja hasn't seen nor heard the male but she has seen the female about 30 times. the last observation of the female was on Dec 7th when Marja heard her shriek on top of a building, after which it flew away and hasn't been observed since.

the eagleowl couple raised successfully three owlets on a city-centre rooftop last spring. the owlets gathered a lot of attention when they started flying practice and kept on falling in the middle of busy streets and among pedestrians in the downtown area. guards of the shops in their homebuilding carried them back to the roof over and over again. the owlets were banded before they fledged and it was found out that one of them was a female and the other two were males. soon after their final departure from the homeroof the female owlet was found dead with probably broken neck (after flying against a window or something). the male owlets were last observed in the end of July and Marja Saarinen believes they have flown away to find territories for themselves.

Return to “Owls”