Steenuil ~ Little Owl ~ on Beleef de Lente

macdoum

Re: Steenuil ~ Little Owl ~ on Beleef de Lente

Post by macdoum »

Thank you abvgd for another clip of the life and times of the Little owl family.
NOW go away pigeons and don't come back. :rant:
Carmel a member of SHOW .. I hope you love birds too. Its economical. It saves going to heaven.
Emily Dickinson
macdoum

Post by macdoum »

There is a lovely video clip on the Beleef site of the little owls 'fixing' the camera... :rotf:
Carmel a member of SHOW .. I hope you love birds too. Its economical. It saves going to heaven.
Emily Dickinson
Bleggi

Post by Bleggi »

this pic I made some minutes before

another one with spider visit
macdoum

Post by macdoum »

According to the video clips there I see the two Little Owls are already adventuring out of the nest box,but not far.. :mrgreen:
Emily Dickinson
Bleggi

Post by Bleggi »

I made some pictures of the sweet Owls
about 0:25

Yesterday I opened the cam and from the right appeared an arm catching the owls and I read that they would undergo an inspection of health and weight etc. Before that the small ones did hear anything and both went together in an edge - frightened what will happen now. But later on they were sitting and waiting for food like all the time before. Everything seems to be okay again :loveshower:
Bleggi

Post by Bleggi »

This is "Athene noctua" - I read at the moment. And I ask me why I didn't found earlier this nice animal to observe. I don't know the language of the Netherland and so I thought I couldn't understand their reports, but now I see it is not too important to know everything - I can see the littles growing without words :bounce: :bounce:
macdoum

Post by macdoum »

Bleggi wrote:This is "Athene noctua" - I read at the moment. And I ask me why I didn't found earlier this nice animal to observe. I don't know the language of the Netherland and so I thought I couldn't understand their reports, but now I see it is not too important to know everything - I can see the littles growing without words :bounce: :bounce:
Bleggi,you can always do 'a google translation' and watch the video clips that are listed on the right of the cam-space !
Or...you can remember to come back next year and watch again. The storks are still there and one peregrine chick too. :D
I must mention all the video clips of The Nutatch too. Very good. (that cam is good as well but the 7 chicks have fledged.)
Emily Dickinson
Bleggi

Post by Bleggi »

This are the pics of 19th - I wrote about that the birds were took from the nest to look about their health etc.
They were so anxious when they heard steps or something outside

then a hand appeared - can you imagine my face, when I saw it after opening the cam?

Everything went well - they came back.
Big one has 157,5 gram length of wing is 120 mm; smaller one 137,8 gram length of wing 119 mm - this I took from the report - hopefully it will be correct translated. :2thumbsup:
Bleggi

Post by Bleggi »

... and now pictures of this day

"Look - my foot...!
I like this balls with the big eyes.... :hi:
Bleggi

Post by Bleggi »

More about the owls

:hi:
macdoum

Post by macdoum »

My cat (avatar) was sitting here with me watching the clip of of the weighing of the Little Owls and when she saw the arm reaching into the nest she took fright.. sat up and stared at the screen :shock: !! Then she ran away..lol.. :rolleyes:
The past two nights the owl chicks have been out on the porch there (cam 2 and 3 ).
The mother is coming to the ledge to feed them then. :D
Emily Dickinson
Bleggi

Post by Bleggi »

I don't know any word in the Netherland language and so I did not find where I can watch videos of this birds or the other ones from this cam. So I found out how to print pictures and change them into jpg and I was glad to be able to put them here.
Now I know about the videos for watching and enjoying the little ones inside and outside of their nest. :loveshower:
macdoum

Post by macdoum »

One of the Little Owls has fledged...against his will. He got in a scuffle with a pigeon in the 'hallway' of the nest and flew/fell outside. :mrgreen:
Owl No 2 seems quite lonely now. :cry:
Emily Dickinson
Bleggi

Post by Bleggi »

This is a very sad news from the little owls.
I don't know how old the little ones are. When the fallen owl is old enough she will climb a tree and the parents will continue feeding - I think to remember of/to the estonian owl from last year. At that time I red much about this birds and since that time I love them so much.
I saw in the video that pigeons went into their home. Let us hope that the left owl is not too sad and keep on growing and loving their life.
Greetings from Bleggi
Bleggi

Post by Bleggi »

macdoum: I saw the video just now and I ask me wether the pigeon hurt the owl on the ground after falling down? Not to think about that :cry: :cry:
macdoum

Post by macdoum »

Bleggi wrote:macdoum: I saw the video just now and I ask me wether the pigeon hurt the owl on the ground after falling down? Not to think about that :cry: :cry:
Bleggi I don't think for a moment the pigeon hurt the owl chick. That pigeon you can see in the video was bringing sticks to re-build her nest. Many times the pigeon has tried to do this,even laying an egg there :slap: All she is interested in is building her nest.
See a video of one of the fights with the pigeon. Mrs Owl has chased that pigeon more times than I can count. :banghead:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpmkO4990QE
:wave:
Emily Dickinson
abvgd

Post by abvgd »

Obviously, she is with child and very defensive. I'll subdue her with this large piece of wood. (c) Raccoon Willie
Bleggi

Post by Bleggi »

I saw the video where a parent was feeding worms - luck for the owl, bad luck for the worms. But the video is very nice and I hope that good food dispels sadness for being alone... 8-)
Thank you for consolation :hi: .
abvgd: nice pictures you show - they are so clear, better than mine.
Bleggi
Bleggi

Post by Bleggi »

I met the lonely owl in her nest

How many time does she still need before able to leave the nest? I forgot it and must look at once...
abvgd

Post by abvgd »

Obviously, she is with child and very defensive. I'll subdue her with this large piece of wood. (c) Raccoon Willie

Return to “Owls”