Eagle Owl on Beleef de Lente

Bleggi

Re: Eagle Owl on Beleef de Lente

Post by Bleggi »

My goodness - I did not see that there are different parts for writing about the birds of Netherland. So I have put all my pics here on the wrong side.
I dont have pics of Eagle Owls at all. So I will leave this side and have a strong eye on the right side where I put my pics or reports. :puzzled:
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

For the fans....
the eagle owl webcam is online
http://www.beleefdelente.nl/vogel/oehoe

I saw at least 1 young.
I do not know how many eggs are laid

macdoum

Post by macdoum »

:loveshower: I didn't even know the nest was online ! One chick there as one can see from video clip ..14March Ohoekuiken. :D
Just now the parent bird has left the nest.
Carmel a member of SHOW .. I hope you love birds too. Its economical. It saves going to heaven.
Emily Dickinson
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

6:00
cam offline :cry:
macdoum

Post by macdoum »

Fleur wrote:6:00
cam offline :cry:
The cam is back online. :2thumbsup:
Carmel a member of SHOW .. I hope you love birds too. Its economical. It saves going to heaven.
Emily Dickinson
macdoum

Post by macdoum »

The view of the eagle Owl is great. Thre are TWEE kuicken..I suppose thats two ?
I love 'The Stare' of the momma owl and her attitude towards the male when he brings food that she doesn't like. She just gives him that look.:rotf:
Emily Dickinson
Bleggi

Post by Bleggi »

I never knew that "Eagle Owl" means the "Oehoe" of the Netherlands or "Uhu" how Germans say to it. Now I know and have some pictures from 22. - 24.03.
Image Image

Image Image
On the last picture the baby was yawning - it looked so funny but is not to see good, sorry. :hi:
Bleggi

Post by Bleggi »

Image Image
Bleggi

Post by Bleggi »

The adult of the Eagle owls I dont see when I am online. But the little ones are to see more or less. Normally I thought there were three ones, but most of the time I see only one or two ones.

Bosuil

Post by Bosuil »

In the daytime, the mom isn't on the nest anymore.

There's a nice clip on the BDL-website from an evening when one chick is still "out" and mom arrives and the chick finally arrives :

Clip - "Don't forget - be home before midnight!"
Bleggi

Post by Bleggi »

Thank you, Bosuil - the clip is wonderful. I had liked to take some shots from the one or other video for showing in this forum more about this birds - for example when the birds got their rings etc. But I dont know if it is allowed to do - so I only take pics, that I took by myself during watching. Now I know exactly that there are two young eagle owls. The mother I met the last two late afternoon during feeding.
What a wonderul possibility to watch birds on Beleef de Lente. Thanks to all who are working with cams etc.
Bleggi :hi:
Bleggi

Post by Bleggi »

Eagle Owls are getting big. Most of the time one is on the way dont know where on the hill... :whistling: , the other one is lurking
macdoum

Post by macdoum »

Thank you Bleggi for all the news from Beleef. Bosuil great video.. :rotf: I do miss the english chat on Beleef.. :cry:
Emily Dickinson
Bleggi

Post by Bleggi »

macdoum wrote:Thank you Bleggi for all the news from Beleef. Bosuil great video.. :rotf: I do miss the english chat on Beleef.. :cry:
I am missing an english part, too. Only because of some similar words to german ones I could understand a bit what the headlines ment - the translator of Google makes it even to a puzzle - not explaining what words say.
But one thing I know - the Eagle Owls have left their home (dont know if I could write "nest" to that).

I watched the last video from 23th April and have done some screen pics for saying good bye to the nice birds. Many videos told about the events there - wonderful work!

"De jongste (B2) vertrekt"
Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image :hi:

:wave: Bye bye Eagle Owl family - have a good life. I hope we will meet next year again.
Bleggi

Post by Bleggi »

I hope you (two young ones and the parents) have a good life and will be back next year again :wave:
Wil Muller

Post by Wil Muller »

:hi: For who is interested you can follow now already the Oehoe cam which start bij Beleef de Lente at 1 march. The male Oehoe died this year in may and there is now a new male arrived. We have to wait or they become a couple.

http://volgdeoehoe.nl/
"Until it will show compassion for all living creatures, the man himself will not find peace" - Albert Schweitzer
Klurt

Post by Klurt »

Yes, it maybe strange but the Eagle owls can start verrry early with their mating/breeding season. The new male is already in his buildup to the big courtship sessions :laugh: , I think last year this particular female started breeding around February 10th, and with an incubation time of about 1 month... mating season is already close!
Let's hope the new male is going to bond with the old female and they have a successful breeding season.
Wil Muller

Post by Wil Muller »

Klurt wrote: Let's hope the new male is going to bond with the old female and they have a successful breeding season.
:loveshower: It seems to be they have a bond :mrgreen: .
Yesterday taken at 17:47. The new male eagle owl with the old female on their nest. Sorry for the bad video their went something wrong :rant:

"Until it will show compassion for all living creatures, the man himself will not find peace" - Albert Schweitzer
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

December 25

this morning:
male and female call

TawnyOwl call - male and female

http://volgdeoehoe.nl/
leonia

Post by leonia »

The eagle-owls are in mating mood:

Shortly after 5 pm, exactly at 5.07 pm there was just one there, after a short time it flew away, only a short time afterwards it returned together with his mate (5.15 pm).

First (5.07 pm)

Them both together (5.15 pm)

Shortly after I took this pic it flew off (5.23 pm)

Ciao, please return! Yeah! Back again!

But departure than at 5.34 pm.

Sound and video stream are not synchrone, sound is about 145 sec back acc. to the admins.
They try to fix it.

Return to “Owls”