Peregrine Falcon Slechtvalk on Beleef de Lente

Hobbies, Kestrels
Wil Muller

Re: Peregrine Falcon Slechtvalk on Beleef de Lente

Post by Wil Muller »

macdoum wrote:Birdcams Round the World have a thread for De Mortel;

http://www.peregrinefalcon-bcaw.net/vie ... =37&t=1038
It is all in english.
I put the video you posted WILL there already.
This link you have already,I think
http://www.vwggemertslechtvalk.nl/
The link Birdcams Round the World I didn't know, thanks. The second link I already knew. I come there every day for the latest info about S2 and to make pics. :wave:
"Until it will show compassion for all living creatures, the man himself will not find peace" - Albert Schweitzer
Wil Muller

Post by Wil Muller »

:cry: S2 R.I.P. 2012-10-10
Image picture bird protection Netherlands
Sunday 14 October 2012 | 13: 27 | Last updated on: Sunday October 14, 2012 | 13: 43
SOMEREN/"THE MORTAR" Peregrine falcon S2, one of the most viewed Peregrine falcons in Netherlands, is Friday 12 October died. That has the bird asylum "Teun Pelser" to turn "Someren" published Sunday. Where the animal has died on, is still unclear. "There's Saturday section done and it is now waiting for the report," said "Teun Pelser". The ups and downs of the Peregrine Falcon is for years by many bird lovers from home and abroad followed. Her nest, on a high tower in The Mortar, was 24 hours a day by a webcam image, and those images are broadcast on the internet. The bird was shot In June 2011 with hail. S2 was operated by a local veterinarian and S2 recovered miraculously well on her accommodations at the bird asylum "Someren", on The camping "De Somerense Vennen". S2 was at the time of death at a Falconer in the province of Zeeland, where the animal was trained even more. The intention was to her eventually in free nature.© Eindhovens Dagblad 2012, on this article rest copyright
"Until it will show compassion for all living creatures, the man himself will not find peace" - Albert Schweitzer
Manu

Post by Manu »

Oh no, so much bad news :cry: . First "our" Nimeta, now S2 too :cry: .
Wil Muller

Post by Wil Muller »

Manu wrote:Oh no, so much bad news :cry: . First "our" Nimeta, now S2 too :cry: .
:cry: Yes very said, the people in the Netherlands on the forums are very shaking. About Nimeta I read yesterday and I was also very shocked. :cry:
marian53

Post by marian53 »

Ja kan alleen nog maar huilen :cry: :cry:

yes can only cry
macdoum

Post by macdoum »

Rought translation from BCRW
[quote Statement Veterinarian:
Cause of death peregrine S2

To be 100% sure that we are indeed dealing with S2, there is first an X-ray of the right wing. This are clear to see the old fractures. However, it is also evident, that all bones again well grown together. There would therefore be no doubt as to the fine again function correctly with this wing. Unfortunately, we can not perceive.

During the section in which S2 is performed is found that this is an invasion of deceased or maggots or fly larvae, called myiasis. The larvae feed at a certain stage of their life with dead or living tissue of a host. Maggots usually live in cadavers, but can also invade viable tissue, mainly through an open wound. An adult fly lays eggs on the scene, after which shortly after laying hatching. Under ideal conditions, the eggs hatch within a few hours and the larvae through the skin towards the abdomen go. They cause massive tissue destruction. This can result in death within 24-48 hours suffering.

With pain in my heart I say goodbye to S2.] [/quote]

This is dreadful news about S2 I am saddened and sorry too for all those people who worked so hard to get her back to the wild. :cry:
Fly free dear one.
Carmel a member of SHOW .. I hope you love birds too. Its economical. It saves going to heaven.
Emily Dickinson
Manu

Post by Manu »

It's very, very sad :cry: . My thoughts are with all those persons who spent so much time and efforts to released S2 back into the wild. R.I.P. Sweetie!!!!!
Wil Muller

Post by Wil Muller »

@Macdoum: Thanks for the statement of the veterinary. I had read the statement sunday of VWG Gemert. I wanted to translate but I was so shocked of the cause of death that I couldn't at that moment. Bad memories. It happend to one of my dogs. I was on time she survived it. I love animals but I am sorry since then I hate flies.
Wil Muller

Post by Wil Muller »

:loveshower: 2OR is alive and the first time today she stole food from Pa and the second time she had a good conversation with Pa (clips). Everyone assumed she was dead last year after the fights with VV the other woman. Problem now is Pa has two women again, he is already mating with VV. It seems he is also mating now with 2OR. She is here sinds yesterday but today they could see for the first her ringnummers. So I am afraid there comes a fight again between the same ladies. :cry:
macdoum

Post by macdoum »

Will,thats terrrible news....those females fight to the death most times. :cry:
De Mortel really has very bad luck since S2 is gone.
Carmel a member of SHOW .. I hope you love birds too. Its economical. It saves going to heaven.
Emily Dickinson
Wil Muller

Post by Wil Muller »

macdoum wrote:Will,thats terrrible news....those females fight to the death most times. :cry:
De Mortel really has very bad luck since S2 is gone.
No, it is not terrible news for the birds but for our human persons it is terrible. The fighting I understand but that is there nature. A male attack the male must solve it. A female attack then female has solve it. Everyone in my country thought she was dead. I see still the last video of her trying to get to her eggs but she was so very damaged :cry: . So I am happy she is alive but there come a fight and that is nature. I have never thought I will said something like that, but I have learned so much in 1 year
macdoum

Post by macdoum »

A falcon is brooding at least one egg at De Mortel.
I just saw her ( ? who) on cam turning the egg/s.
Emily Dickinson
macdoum

Post by macdoum »

Third egg laid at De Mortel ;

http://www.beleefdelente.nl/vogel/slechtvalk

:2thumbsup: so far,so good. :D
Emily Dickinson
Brit

Post by Brit »

The Peregrine Falcons breeding high up on the cathedral of Brussels. The chicks are just hatching in this very moment. Please watch (and please click picture for webcam):

Have a nice day!
Brit
http://www.worldofanimals.eu/
macdoum

Post by macdoum »

Brit wrote:The Peregrine Falcons breeding high up on the cathedral of Brussels. The chicks are just hatching in this very moment. Please watch (and please click picture for webcam):

Great link Brit,thank you. :thumbs:
Emily Dickinson
macdoum

Post by macdoum »

Two eggs hatched so far at falcons nest on Beleef. :D
Emily Dickinson
macdoum

Post by macdoum »

The two chicks on Beleef are doing well...exept in the clip from 29th we see the biggest chick finish off a pigeon's leg,ring included. :slap:
I sure hope it comes back up in a pellet !!!! ( Do falcon chicks regurgitate like owls do ?
I don't know. Hope the ring doesn't cause any trouble. :dunno:
Emily Dickinson
macdoum

Post by macdoum »

Clips on Beleef site today show the ringing of the two chicks in the nest.
They didn't like the experience very much.. :mrgreen:
:2thumbsup:
Emily Dickinson
macdoum

Post by macdoum »

It won't be long until the two fledge now.They are both growing very well,have all their feathers now. Though a parent still sleeps withem at night. :D
See the clips on Beleef link.
Emily Dickinson
Kip

Post by Kip »

The kids fledged yesterday :2thumbsup:
Mom is watching out for them

Return to “Falcons”