Peregrine Falcon Slechtvalk on Beleef de Lente

Hobbies, Kestrels
Bleggi

Re: Peregrine Falcon Slechtvalk on Beleef de Lente

Post by Bleggi »

16.03.12 1. Egg
01.04.12 2. Egg
02.04.12 3. Egg
after the last egg start of incubation (34-38 days)
would be next week with :bounce: hatching.
Wikipedia says: male stay 42 days in the "nest", female 46 days.
After that the young ones stay 4 - 6 weeks next to their parents.
About eating I read that they normally catch birds like pigeons for their meal, most they get smaller birds and need more of them. I remember that last year I saw feathers of pigeons laying around. This year I saw the second bird more often in the beginning but not the last time. So mom has to look by herself for her meal and doesnt sit long enough on the eggs for that reason?
I am so sorry that I cannot understand the dutch words on the chat there. So I cannot tell you more about the falcons life of this year. Only I noticed that there were many other falcons or birds who like to reach the "nest". And they were fighting heavyly.
Greetings from Bleggi :hi:
Bleggi

Post by Bleggi »

I dont know whats going on in this nest. Three eggs are there but I believe Mom is not longer here and Dad tries to do a bit this and that. Sorry - there were some fights with other falcons and perhaps mother had an accident. There will never arrive a little one, I think. Too long are the eggs often without a bird on them or also one of the eggs is in another edge of the room.
Will see............ :bow:
Bleggi

Post by Bleggi »

This nest will finish without having baby-falcons that grow up. Since a longer time the mother doesnt appear and "Pa" is sitting more or less - its next to 3 month now from the first egg on - too much time for :bounce:
But Pa will not give up - isn't it sad?
Image Image

Image Image
Just now he is sitting on the lonely egg - more often while turning around one egg left to a single place. It is much work to get it back to the other ones - we saw it one day on a video.
I will say bye bye for this saison to the bird - sorry for the end of trying to get a big (or small) family.
Bye says Bleggi :wave:
alice44

Post by alice44 »

Bleggi wrote:I dont know whats going on in this nest. Three eggs are there but I believe Mom is not longer here and Dad tries to do a bit this and that. Sorry - there were some fights with other falcons and perhaps mother had an accident. There will never arrive a little one, I think. Too long are the eggs often without a bird on them or also one of the eggs is in another edge of the room.
Will see............ :bow:
Another year there was a fight between two females that caused disaster. I wonder if there are just not enough suitable nest sites?
Bleggi

Post by Bleggi »

It is a very sad story, that Pa was sitting until the end of June trying to start the next generation. On 22nd there was a broken eye he was working on. That I only saw on a video. He was sitting very long every time before looking for some food etc. On 26th I met him sitting the last time and on 28th I took my last picture there. Now on 30th the cam closed for this saison. Here are still some pictures, two of them I took from a video. The last video they show is heartbreaking with the music: "Time to say "good bye"!"

Image Image

Image Image

Bye for this time - hope you will have more luck in the future: Be careful, please
Bleggi :wave:
Wil Muller

Post by Wil Muller »

:hi: Good afternoon.

Today a spotted a peregrine falcon in the nest. You can follow this nest live but without sound.
http://vwggemertslechtvalk.nl/

"Until it will show compassion for all living creatures, the man himself will not find peace" - Albert Schweitzer
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Wil Muller wrote::hi: Good afternoon.

Today a spotted a peregrine falcon in the nest. You can follow this nest live but without sound.
:hi: Wil, beautiful
Wil Muller

Post by Wil Muller »

:hi: @Fleur: Thank you
"Until it will show compassion for all living creatures, the man himself will not find peace" - Albert Schweitzer
Wil Muller

Post by Wil Muller »

I found this forum 2 days ago. I noticed you didn't understand what was going on. So I have some background information over this Peregrine falcon nest box. Not what happend this year. If someone wants to know I try to explain it.

Breeding history Peregrine Falcon couple
The Peregrine Falcons breed in The Mortel, North Brabant on the 130 meter high transmitting Tower of sponsor Alticom. In the winter of 2004-2005 there was a working group by the Bird sightings in the nature reserve Peregrine Falcons Gemert pair around the tower. The male was ringed in Germany, the female was not ringed. It was decided to place a nest box as soon as possible. the couple took up residence Peregrine Falcons almost immediately. And in March 2005 there were 2 eggs in the nest, where 2 chicks came out. In 2006 there were 4 chicks. In 2007 it went less smoothly. The female laid 3 eggs, but the couple were disturbed by an intruder a large young female with ring number S2 from Belgium. A week after the release of the 3 eggs came to the inevitable territorial fight between the female and the intruder, where the female was defeated. The male remained thereafter continue with feeding the chicks, but the intruder snatched away all the prey from the chicks. The youngest chick unfortunately died of hunger. However, eventually the stunned everyone by S2 feeding tasks to take over the male. The 2 chicks from healthy thereby flew. In 2008 her first 4 eggs all of which played explained S2. The chicks grew prosperous, and all flew safely. The Peregrine Falcons few of The Mortel brought in 2009 their second breed great. On 8 February the first mating is observed. On 15, 17, 20 and 22 March are the eggs laid. On april 24, are the first two chicks hatched, on 25 april the third and the fourth chick on 26 april. On 18 may are the chicks ringed by Peter van Geneijgen of the Netherlands working group Peregrine Falcons. When it turned out that the 3 males and 1 female. The young Peregrine Falcons are all raised without problems. On May 29, the first young came out of the closet on the timesheet. On 30 May this about the eaves flapped. The young falcons are the first exercises at the beginning of June to end of July his aircraft started and they left. Also in 2010 the couple came back to breeding. In mid-March were 4 eggs laid. The legdata were 16, 18, 20 and 23 March respectively, almost exactly the same data as the previous year. Then crawled out the egg at the end of april 4 chicks at the end of may, three of which are healthy and have left the nest box. Three chicks hatched from the egg In 2011 are (22 april: female, 23 april: male, 26 april: female) and his successful early June have fledged. Then hit the doom: the Peregrine falcon female S2 is just after the breeding season shot by a hunter. The wing fracture after a professional operation is now seemingly good cure. Or is that also really so as the last phase of the rehabilitation will prove to the order come, bring on condition by a falconer. If everything on everything waxed then had that phase can be completed at the end of this month and S2 free again. But that is at the top of the territory drift and since there now, in 2012, already a few months another female who has filled in the blank spot Peregrine falcon sits is chances are they are not going to survive the inevitable battle territory. Peregrine falcon in good consultation with the Netherlands working group has therefore decided to wait with Bird working group Gemert the liberation until after the upcoming breeding season. That means this season 2012 S2 is not in the picture and there is probably a hatch with another female for the webcams to see Peregrine falcon.
This is information of march 2012. The liberation of S2 is many times delayed. But right now she is with a Falconer to train her to come back in the wild. The male we call in the Nederlands Pa. So we are excited to next year if S2 found here Pa and come back to the nest box.
Wil Muller

Post by Wil Muller »

Again a visit from a Peregrine Falcon.

Wil Muller

Post by Wil Muller »

Here is an video of S2 in the first stage of liberation. They put her shoes :puzzled: on for the falconer. Her rings were taken off because the shoes didn't fit.

Starling

Post by Starling »

Thanks Wil! :hi:
Do you who is he/she? Has he been there longer?
Is it possible to get the web cam screen bigger? :puzzled: :D

Edit: He left. :(
Wil Muller

Post by Wil Muller »

Starling wrote:Thanks Wil! :hi:
Do you who is he/she? Has he been there longer?
Is it possible to get the web cam screen bigger? :puzzled: :D

Edit: He left. :(
I don't know it is a he/she because there is no forum, the forum is there from 1 march till 1 july ("Beleef de Lente") via our birdorganisation. The rest of the year you can watch this website who own this nest box. But it is what they call timelapsed recording:puzzled: so you have no sound and cannot make it bigger.
Starling

Post by Starling »

:hi: The nest place reminds me of the Swedish peregrine falcon nest of this summer: http://www.vattenriket.kristianstad.se/ ... ldspel.php
Wil Muller

Post by Wil Muller »

Starling wrote::hi: The nest place reminds me of the Swedish peregrine falcon nest of this summer: http://www.vattenriket.kristianstad.se/ ... ldspel.php
WOW What a beatiful pictures.
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Wil Muller wrote:
I don't know it is a he/she because there is no forum, the forum is there from 1 march till 1 july ("Beleef de Lente") via our birdorganisation. The rest of the year you can watch this website who own this nest box. But it is what they call timelapsed recording:puzzled: so you have no sound and cannot make it bigger.
here is a forum, only in Dutch

http://www.natuurkanaal.nl/Forum/viewto ... 4&start=20

:wave:
Wil Muller

Post by Wil Muller »

@Fleur: :loveshower: WOW Thank you Fleur
marian53

Post by marian53 »

Hallo Wil even en link voor je allemaal live cams van de slechtvalken de bovenste drie zijn van de Mortel waar S2 vandaan komt .
Alds je onderaan klikt op ww dan krijg je de cams van de wereld ,wij zullen we moeten wachten tot eind maart
voor ze nieuwe eieren leggen hier
http://members.quicknet.nl/rd.stam/falcocam/?nld

Hello Looking equally and link for you all live cams of the peregrine falcons are the top three of the mortar where S2 is coming.
ALDS at the bottom click on ww you get the cams of the world, we will have to wait until the end of March
before they lay eggs here new

Ook een prachtige webcam is ,This is also a wonderful webcam, beautiful pictures if you click on the forums eg Aria and Vento

http://www.birdcam.it/index.php

Er is een forum

There is a Foum about the peregrine falcons in the Netherlands
http://www.perigrines.nl/forumtest/view ... start=2600
Wil Muller

Post by Wil Muller »

@Marian53: :blush: I have to go to Estland to find out were are the right websites in my own country :blush: .

:loveshower: Thank you for the links, especially the site with all the live webcams of Peregrine Falcon.
macdoum

Post by macdoum »

Birdcams Round the World have a thread for De Mortel;

http://www.peregrinefalcon-bcaw.net/vie ... =37&t=1038
It is all in english.
I put the video you posted WILL there already.
This link you have already,I think
http://www.vwggemertslechtvalk.nl/
Carmel a member of SHOW .. I hope you love birds too. Its economical. It saves going to heaven.
Emily Dickinson

Return to “Falcons”