looduskalender.ee

Forum
It is currently October 23rd, 2014, 1:30 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2616 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113 ... 131  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The Picnic Grounds
PostPosted: July 29th, 2012, 11:04 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: February 20th, 2011, 4:54 pm
Posts: 13500
Location: Germany
Manu wrote:
In another topic I posted a question to find some good and interesting books about "birds of prey"
viewtopic.php?p=156411#p156411
basically in german, but if there is a good book write in english it is also nice.
Perhaps anyone has good tip to me?


Manu, I have received the book "Greifvögel & Eulen" (still waiting for the Bezzel). A good overview with short introductions some of the more important or better known birds of prey and owls with pictures, some of the really nice ones! A good beginner's book, I would say, or if you just need some quick information on a bird.

_________________
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Picnic Grounds
PostPosted: July 29th, 2012, 12:06 pm 
Offline
Registered user
User avatar

Joined: November 11th, 2009, 10:01 am
Posts: 14713
Location: Netherlands
I found a movie from the Wolverine / Canada

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7udrVyb ... r_embedded


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Picnic Grounds
PostPosted: July 30th, 2012, 9:51 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: February 20th, 2011, 4:54 pm
Posts: 13500
Location: Germany
Felis silvestris wrote:
Manu wrote:
In another topic I posted a question to find some good and interesting books about "birds of prey"
viewtopic.php?p=156411#p156411
basically in german, but if there is a good book write in english it is also nice.
Perhaps anyone has good tip to me?


Manu, I have received the book "Greifvögel & Eulen" (still waiting for the Bezzel). A good overview with short introductions some of the more important or better known birds of prey and owls with pictures, some of the really nice ones! A good beginner's book, I would say, or if you just need some quick information on a bird.


My Bezzel arrived today! Now I have lots of nice pictures to look at! :thumbs: And my kids will curse me ... all those birds and cats books here! :innocent:

_________________
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Picnic Grounds
PostPosted: July 30th, 2012, 9:53 pm 
Offline
Registered user
User avatar

Joined: February 1st, 2011, 10:32 pm
Posts: 5799
Location: Switzerland
Felis silvestris wrote:
Felis silvestris wrote:
Manu wrote:
In another topic I posted a question to find some good and interesting books about "birds of prey"
viewtopic.php?p=156411#p156411
basically in german, but if there is a good book write in english it is also nice.
Perhaps anyone has good tip to me?


Manu, I have received the book "Greifvögel & Eulen" (still waiting for the Bezzel). A good overview with short introductions some of the more important or better known birds of prey and owls with pictures, some of the really nice ones! A good beginner's book, I would say, or if you just need some quick information on a bird.


My Bezzel arrived today! Now I have lots of nice pictures to look at! :thumbs: And my kids will curse me ... all those birds and cats books here! :innocent:


Great your Bezzel arrive :thumbs: . I'm waiting and hope my order would be also arrive in a few day's....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Picnic Grounds
PostPosted: July 30th, 2012, 10:04 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: February 20th, 2011, 4:54 pm
Posts: 13500
Location: Germany
It will surely, did you order it in Switzerland or also from a German source? I saw one today for 0,99 €, postage was three times the amount! :faint:

_________________
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Picnic Grounds
PostPosted: July 30th, 2012, 10:23 pm 
Offline
Registered user
User avatar

Joined: February 1st, 2011, 10:32 pm
Posts: 5799
Location: Switzerland
Felis silvestris wrote:
It will surely, did you order it in Switzerland or also from a German source? I saw one today for 0,99 €, postage was three times the amount! :faint:


"Einhard Bezzel, Greifvögel" : I order in Germany
and
"Die Greifvögel Europas, Nordafrikas und Vorderasiens" : I order here in Switzerland. But they sent me an email, the delivery will be at the earliest on Aug 8.
But it's not a problem, at the moment I haven't time to read a lot.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Picnic Grounds
PostPosted: August 1st, 2012, 10:09 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: January 15th, 2011, 1:02 pm
Posts: 14293
Location: Bavaria, Germany
I´m happy that I can tell you that I got an e-mail from Kitty :shake:

She wants me to tell you that she is "basically okay" but wasn´t able to reach her computer for many days now, to log in here or watch the cams.
If Kitty is able to go to the computer she will try to give us a note.

:wave:

_________________
Nature does nothing in vain (Aristoteles)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Picnic Grounds
PostPosted: August 1st, 2012, 10:17 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: February 20th, 2011, 4:54 pm
Posts: 13500
Location: Germany
Bea, that's good news! I hope otherwise everything is okay with her! It does not sound too good!
Thank you again for writing to her!

_________________
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Picnic Grounds
PostPosted: August 1st, 2012, 11:09 am 
Offline
Registered user
User avatar

Joined: February 1st, 2011, 10:32 pm
Posts: 5799
Location: Switzerland
@Bea: Nice you heard from Kitty and thanks for telling us. I hope she is ok :unsure:.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Picnic Grounds
PostPosted: August 1st, 2012, 9:43 pm 
Offline
Registered user
User avatar

Joined: April 21st, 2011, 7:10 pm
Posts: 6822
Location: Norway
Bea, thank you for telling us about Kitty..
Kitty, I hope you are ok..we miss you here!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Picnic Grounds
PostPosted: August 1st, 2012, 10:48 pm 
Offline
Registered user
User avatar

Joined: November 17th, 2008, 12:12 am
Posts: 6697
Location: Alsace, France
Lussi05 wrote:
Bea, thank you for telling us about Kitty..
Kitty, I hope you are ok..we miss you here!!



:wave: We all miss you Kitty. Get well soon,we miss you a lot.
Thanks to Bea for the news. :peek:

_________________
Carmel a member of SHOW .. I hope you love birds too. Its economical. It saves going to heaven.
Emily Dickinson


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Picnic Grounds
PostPosted: August 3rd, 2012, 11:25 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: September 20th, 2008, 12:40 am
Posts: 13998
Location: Winchester, UK
Bea wrote:
I´m happy that I can tell you that I got an e-mail from Kitty :shake:

She wants me to tell you that she is "basically okay" but wasn´t able to reach her computer for many days now, to log in here or watch the cams.
If Kitty is able to go to the computer she will try to give us a note.

:wave:

Bea, thanks for the news of Kitty. :loveshower:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Picnic Grounds
PostPosted: August 3rd, 2012, 8:20 pm 
Offline
Moderator

Joined: May 5th, 2010, 8:10 pm
Posts: 2672
Get well soon, Kitty! :wave:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Picnic Grounds
PostPosted: August 6th, 2012, 2:13 am 
Offline
Registered user
User avatar

Joined: July 22nd, 2010, 9:05 pm
Posts: 5717
Location: Kansas City, Missouri, USA
:wave: Thank you, everyone, for all your wishes for my healing. I made a decision a few days ago to just not attempt coming downstairs to the computer & to sleep as much as possible to see if that would help healing. Today I felt better & so far have been able to sit here for a time with more comfort than before. I have been feeling rather depressed due to my restrictions, so I hope things continue to improve slowly so I will feel better both physically & in spirit.

_________________
Kitty KCMO


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Picnic Grounds
PostPosted: August 6th, 2012, 2:53 am 
Offline
Registered user
User avatar

Joined: November 17th, 2008, 12:12 am
Posts: 6697
Location: Alsace, France
Kitty KCMO wrote:
:wave: Thank you, everyone, for all your wishes for my healing. I made a decision a few days ago to just not attempt coming downstairs to the computer & to sleep as much as possible to see if that would help healing. Today I felt better & so far have been able to sit here for a time with more comfort than before. I have been feeling rather depressed due to my restrictions, so I hope things continue to improve slowly so I will feel better both physically & in spirit.


Indeed Kitty...your fall coming on top of hosp. stay for pneumonia you have had a lot to cope with. Take things easy but maybe looking in here now and again will raise your spirits.
There's never a dull moment here. :wave: The nestings are all coming to a close,so you can see how successful they all have been.
Welcome 'home'.. :hi:

_________________
Carmel a member of SHOW .. I hope you love birds too. Its economical. It saves going to heaven.
Emily Dickinson


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Picnic Grounds
PostPosted: August 6th, 2012, 6:42 am 
Offline
Registered user
User avatar

Joined: November 20th, 2008, 9:24 pm
Posts: 700
Location: Near Munich, Bavaria, Germany
Hello Kitty, all the best wishes for your further recovery! :wave:

_________________
Nature is confident.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Picnic Grounds
PostPosted: August 6th, 2012, 7:12 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: February 20th, 2011, 4:54 pm
Posts: 13500
Location: Germany
:wave: So good to see you back Kitty! We've been worried!
All the best for a speedy recovery! Take it easy!

_________________
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Picnic Grounds
PostPosted: August 6th, 2012, 9:47 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: January 15th, 2011, 1:02 pm
Posts: 14293
Location: Bavaria, Germany
Kitty :hi:

Awaited you here hopefully - every day! So glad to see you back and wish you the best and a speedy recovery!

_________________
Nature does nothing in vain (Aristoteles)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Picnic Grounds
PostPosted: August 6th, 2012, 7:20 pm 
Offline
Registered user
User avatar

Joined: February 1st, 2011, 10:32 pm
Posts: 5799
Location: Switzerland
Kitty :hi: : Good to see you back, I wish you a good recovery :wave: .


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Picnic Grounds
PostPosted: August 6th, 2012, 9:27 pm 
Offline
Registered user
User avatar

Joined: February 1st, 2011, 10:32 pm
Posts: 5799
Location: Switzerland
Today my first book about birds of prey arrived (Einhard Bezzel/ Greifvögel) :loveshower: .
It's a wonderful book with nice pictures and interesting information, thanks to Leonia and Felis to give me advice to order this book :thumbs:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2616 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113 ... 131  Next

All times are UTC + 2 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group