lianaliesma

Re: American Bald Eagles.

Post by lianaliesma »

:hi:

April 14, 2015
NEFL Juliet&Romeo

Nesting season '2015...
:loveshower:

2015 Northeast Florida Romeo and Juliet, by Sandy F.
From Egg to Fledge 2015. AEF-Northeast Florida Nest of Bald Eagles, Romeo & Juliet introduce their offsprings "Nick and Noel". http://www.eagles.org
We are living in a dangerous age. Human beings dominate nature, before they have learned to control themselves. -Albert Schweitzer
I have been studying the traits and dispositions of the so-called "lower animals" versus the traits and dispositions of man. The result humiliates me. - Mark Twain
Mamicja

Post by Mamicja »

Decorah Eagle nest
April 14th
Three eaglets grow fast, but there is a big difference between two first and the thrird one.
Today rabbit on menu.

Mamicja

Post by Mamicja »

NE Florida – Romeo&Juliet
April 16th
Since Tuesday I have no stream on all N-E Florida cams. Screen remains black or I receive a message: Image
Anyone else?
Bleggi

Post by Bleggi »

Two Harbors Bald Eagle Nest 15.04.2015

Image :hi:
Bleggi

Post by Bleggi »

Bald Eagle in Pennsylvania - Hanover 15.04.2015

lianaliesma

Post by lianaliesma »

April 17th

From yesterday -
gretchen_AEF: THURS PM "Tuck-In" Report: You may likely see Nick is sacked out "spread eagle" in the nest. Noel is perched. They had their fair share of fish delivered today (4) and continue waiting on more. They still remain very close to the nest and their flights are of little distance as we have observed. They are usually quite easy to locate thru their endless vocals. Mom and dad tricked us tonight and likely chose a place offering some peace and quiet. SED

We are living in a dangerous age. Human beings dominate nature, before they have learned to control themselves. -Albert Schweitzer
I have been studying the traits and dispositions of the so-called "lower animals" versus the traits and dispositions of man. The result humiliates me. - Mark Twain
Kertugal

Post by Kertugal »

Mamicja wrote::hi:
April 16th
Since Tuesday I have no stream on all N-E Florida cams. Screen remains black or I receive a message: Image
Anyone else?
Hello everybody,
(my english is very bad, sorry) some of you, know me because i watch and read your pages since 3 years ago.
Today i write to say that for me also the screen is black, and i tought it was the fault of my PC, i am not alone now! May be they stop the cam...
Have a nice day and thunks to all of you who help me to have very nice hours.
Sophie
lianaliesma

Post by lianaliesma »

April 17, 2015

Hi everybody! :hi: I can see all three NEFL webcams...

Mamicja

Post by Mamicja »

I have back all cams :loveshower:
It's good to see again Nick and Noel, and hear their screems.
Kertugal

Post by Kertugal »

NE Florida – Romeo&Juliet[/color][/b]

Hi everybody! :hi: I can see all three NEFL webcams...

Thunk you! Me , also I can see!!!
Sophie
Bleggi

Post by Bleggi »

Two Harbors Bald Eagle Nest
http://www.ustream.tv/two-harbors-cam

Today's feeding time - eaglets have grown very well

Mamicja

Post by Mamicja »

April 22nd
It looks that it is the end of nesting season.
Noel was last seen Sunday afternoon.

Nick was last seen yestreday before noon.

I saw Juliet on Monday.

Now only Romeo visits the nest.

It was another successful season for those wonderfull parents.
Now Romeo & Juliet deserve for long vacation.
lianaliesma

Post by lianaliesma »

April 22, 2015

The nest is empty.... Image I wish you, Nick&Noel and Romeo&Juliet, beautiful eagle lives! Image

From chat:
Apr 22 2015, 10:04 PM

lstaudt_AEF: Hamlet Update! So great to see Romeo stay around the tree today, making sure he's on branch if the family comes by. His first visit was for an hour this morning, then he returned at 11:55a, feaking, perching, tracking the skies overhead. Juliet brought nice catfish meal for herself just at 2:41p. Noel was last seen on Sunday, Nick yesterday.

Video AEF-NEFL-4-22-2015 ROMEO AND JULIET

Mamicja Image
Mamicja

Post by Mamicja »

SWFL nest
April 24th, 9:15 AM
From forum
Shelli22: the squirrel was on a limb in a tree in the pasture and E6 caught it and brought it back to the nest
More info at http://www.hancockwildlife.org/forum/vi ... rue#753376
Video by urdognu https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dnw-92g ... e=youtu.be
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

A little news of Ozzie's rehabilitation:
http://www.pineisland-eagle.com/page/co ... l?nav=5051

As I have understood the CROW (rehabilitation center) will give more detailed information of Ozzie's situation early next week.

So far E6 is still living at the home nest with his mother Harriet - and both are doing it excellent.
lianaliesma

Post by lianaliesma »

TY, Owlie :hi:
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

April 28th

Some news of Ozzie, who has been in rehabilitation for six weeks now for his injury (from March 17th):
http://www.winknews.com/2015/04/28/ozzi ... l-at-crow/

I missed the live sending of WINK News today, but the CROW clinic also reports news of Ozzie https://www.facebook.com/CROWClinic/pos ... 1443153514
It is said on the WINK News that Ozzie's return to the wild would happen within a month. So his rehabilitation has taken more time than was estimated in the beginning (6 weeks) - the CROW person says that because of Ozzie's high age the recovering time is longer. Anyway they say that they have numerous cases like Ozzie - so it gives me hope that he will recover and be released in the wild again.

Ozzie was found injured nearby a railway - he can have crashed with a train, car or a wall perhaps when chasing a prey - no-one knows what happened. His clavicle was broken. He had a bandage on his wing for weeks and he got physical training for his wing every three days until now, but I understand that the bandage has been removed now and he has been moved to a bigger cage where he can freely strengthen his muscles himself. He has got up in weight which means that he never lost his appetite. Many fish stores have happily donated fish heads to the clinic during Ozzie's being there. Ozzie is maybe the most famous bald eagle at least in Florida today - the media has followed his rehabilitation intensively.

Meanwhile Ozzie's offspring, E6, has been training eagle life with his mother Harriet - both have done it excellently together and E6 has even brought own prey to the nest so far and chased away an intruding eagle from stealing his food. E6 was just about to fledge when Ozzie got injured. It is likely that E6 flies out from the home nest before Ozzie gets home - E6 was last seen in the area yesterday. But I hope Ozzie and Harriet get a future together again next breeding season next autumn.
Mamicja

Post by Mamicja »

Latest news from CROW
After almost 6 weeks at CROW, Ozzie’s condition continues to improve. During a radiograph this morning, Dr. Barron, hospital director, said that Ozzie is healing very, very nicely and his fractured bones are beginning to come together.

He will be moved to a small flight cage today where he will be able to take short flights and build his strength and stretch his wings. No release date has been scheduled and Ozzie is expected to be at CROW for at least another month.

Other signs of progress include:

* Excellent appetite and gaining weight
* Comfortable and moving well
* No longer has wing droop

Thanks for your support. We will continue to keep you posted.
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

E6 Is back on the nest tree, he hasn't flown out yet :loveshower:
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

E6 Is back on the nest tree, he hasn't flown out yet :loveshower:

EDIT April 29th about 14:15 EEST
E6 is still in the nest, eating a huge fish head brought by Harriet.

Return to “Eagles”