Eagles' Winter Feeding Ground ~ Dec 2011 - Mar 2012

Webcams of eagles feeding during winter time
ame

Re: Eagles Winter Feeding Ground 2012

Post by ame »

good morning! :hi:
...or after some more thought: good afternoon! :mrgreen:
how about calling the bigger island Long Island? i mean the one in the centre with many pinetrees. it looks rather longish, streching towards the right-back of the scene.
ame

Post by ame »

could this be the tree where the camera was attached to last winter? i have marked here on this picture something that looks like a piece of board on the side of the tree. the camera was looking towards the big trees on the now near-end of Long Island (which was left side last year). the smaller island now on the left of Long Island was last year behind the left end of Long Island.

or did the camera have a stand of its own? :puzzled:
ame

Post by ame »

i looked up last year's pictures. here is a picture taken on Jan 4th 2011 at 11.41. the on the right are the trees in then left and now the front end of Long Island. - i'm not sure whether we can see the tree in the middle of this picture now...? :puzzled:

then it seems that the camera angle and the zoom was slightly changed afterwards on Jan 9th in the afternoon near 4 pm.
Image :mrgreen:
ame

Post by ame »

here's one test view which looks a lot into the same direction which we mainly see now.

.... but this was the view that was the final one. the big trees are on the right but out of the view. here at 16.23 Renno is bringing food to the ground after the adjustment of the camera.

this is a picture taken at 16.23 on Jan 5th 2011 with a buzzard having a late afternoon meal. to the right of it there are a few sticks pointing out of the snow. i think they are the same sticks that could be seen in the right side of the picture on the new position of the camera.

i looked up the posts of that day. the camera fixing begins here: viewtopic.php?p=88794#p88794
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

So far then, we have the Islet, Long Island, The Grove and the First Tree.
I can't qite see venegor's text for the clump of trees on the right.
ame

Post by ame »

is the Grove on the right? and is The First Tree the one that is in the front on the right side (on the left of this picture), leaning towards the centre?
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

ame wrote:could this be the tree where the camera was attached to last winter? i have marked here on this picture something that looks like a piece of board on the side of the tree. the camera was looking towards the big trees on the now near-end of Long Island (which was left side last year). the smaller island now on the left of Long Island was last year behind the left end of Long Island.

or did the camera have a stand of its own? :puzzled:
ame, I think you are right!

ame

Post by ame »

you got a close-up of the board. :thumbs: i was trying too slowly.
edit: ... and i had zoomed my picture too small! :laugh:
venegor

Post by venegor »

The greenfinch brave, but nuthatch is careful
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

ame wrote:is the Grove on the right? and is The First Tree the one that is in the front on the right side (on the left of this picture), leaning towards the centre?
See venegor's post on page 22. The grove seems to be the tall, distant tree. I can't decipher her text on the right of her picture - can you?
ame

Post by ame »

venegor wrote:For fast orientation to an examined field, I suggest to allocate reference points and to name them as it is specified in a photo
it seemes to me that there is text Grove on the trees behind the far end of Long Island. :nod: it seems to be an other island there still. i think there are more trees than just one.
First Tree is in the front and the Curved Tree is on the far right.
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Curved Tree - thanks. I couldn't read that!
Maybe we haven't finished naming all the areas yet. If it gets as busy as it was last year, we shall need quick references.
ame

Post by ame »

today doesn't seem busy though. birds stay in shelter even though it's not snowing. i guess the wind is hard enough to keep them hiding. :unsure:

venegor had actually written Curve Tree on her picture. i don't know if we should call the tree like that after all... :blush:
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Bent tree? Wiggly tree?

Other members will arrive, with other ideas.
On these quiet days we have time to consider these important matters!
ame

Post by ame »

it's the blue hour in the forest. :innocent:
wind is driving snow around on the ice of the Lake Nõva. it has formed small drifts around grassy borders around the islands and other bundles of grass (tussocks? :puzzled: ). --- soon it will be dark. :wave:
Olga

Post by Olga »

The new camera is just amazing :slap: Thanks to all who have taken pictures and videos!
SHoW(StorkaHolics of the World)
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Good morning :hi:
8:01
A dog comes to eat something on the right

Mutikluti

Post by Mutikluti »

Good morning! :wave:
Proud to be a member of SHoW
Kitty KCMO

Post by Kitty KCMO »

Fleur, I think your "dog" was a deer! That is what it looked like to me when I watched the movie at a larger size at Y-tube site. That was definitely a deer that came out from the right & went left again after the cam view brightened up.
Kitty KCMO
Kitty KCMO

Post by Kitty KCMO »

Mutikluti wrote:Good morning! :wave:
Good morning, Mutikluti. Perhaps the "hunting" will go better today. It does not seem as stormy as yesterday.
Kitty KCMO

Return to “Eagles Winter Webcams Forum”