Switch to full style
Lesser Spotted Eagles in Latvia
Topic locked

Re: Latvian LSE Nest Webcam 2012

June 14th, 2012, 11:59 am

Fleur wrote:Metra calls a time, standing with the mouse in beak, puts him on the right side of the nest bowl


I think Macho was still on the branch for a time ....

Re: Latvian LSE Nest Webcam 2012

June 14th, 2012, 12:01 pm

13:00 Cam off again

Re: Latvian LSE Nest Webcam 2012

June 14th, 2012, 3:18 pm

I don't want to see or read what is going on, have turned off the cam yesterday afternoon, but I wanted to let you know that Deutsche Wildtierstiftung apparently reacted to the hatching of the second chick, there is a new press release by them:
http://www.eco-world.de/scripts/basics/econews/basics.prg?session=42f9476a4fd99e6f_499032&a_no=25337

explaining the cainism and, for me it sounds a bit like "oh how exciting, lets all watch and see what is happening to the chick" ...

Re: Latvian LSE Nest Webcam 2012

June 14th, 2012, 4:48 pm

17:42
metra feeding the oldest chick
Image

Re: Latvian LSE Nest Webcam 2012

June 14th, 2012, 6:14 pm

19:03 - Food..
Image
- the second eaglet also wanted food..
Image
- but did not get anything, at least not when I was watching :(

Re: Latvian LSE Nest Webcam 2012

June 14th, 2012, 6:40 pm

19:25
Macho with vole, Metra puts him on the right
Image

Image

Image

Re: Latvian LSE Nest Webcam 2012

June 15th, 2012, 6:14 am

June 15
7:00 - Both chicks look "outside"
Image

Re: Latvian LSE Nest Webcam 2012

June 15th, 2012, 6:56 am

7:51 - Metra cleaning up the nest bowl
Image

Re: Latvian LSE Nest Webcam 2012

June 15th, 2012, 10:51 am

Good morning Everybody! :wave:

9:12 Food delivery, feeding and poor liitle one :(

Re: Latvian LSE Nest Webcam 2012

June 15th, 2012, 1:32 pm

So the names of these chicks are Miks and Mairis?

Re: Latvian LSE Nest Webcam 2012

June 15th, 2012, 5:50 pm

thank you macko50
I think it is good that metra try to feed the little one on the end of the movie

I have not to read about names asteria :puzzled:

Re: Latvian LSE Nest Webcam 2012

June 15th, 2012, 5:52 pm

18:49
poor Metra is all wet from the rain
Image

17:53 I hear thunder

Re: Latvian LSE Nest Webcam 2012

June 15th, 2012, 7:01 pm

Fleur wrote:thank you macko50
I think it is good that metra try to feed the little one on the end of the movie

I have not to read about names asteria :puzzled:


It was a poll in Latvian forum(I would like to see there another poll though a bit earlier :puzzled: )

http://www.dabasdati.lv/forums/viewtopi ... =19&t=1068

Both Miks and Mairis got 6 voices each. The second chick does deserve the name too, doen't it?

Re: Latvian LSE Nest Webcam 2012

June 15th, 2012, 7:19 pm

asteria wrote:Both Miks and Mairis got 6 voices each. The second chick does deserve the name too, doen't it?

Yes, he does Asteria :nod:

20:12 - It is still raining, Metra is soaking wet :slap: :help:
Image

Re: Latvian LSE Nest Webcam 2012

June 15th, 2012, 7:25 pm

asteria wrote:
Fleur wrote:thank you macko50
I think it is good that metra try to feed the little one on the end of the movie

I have not to read about names asteria :puzzled:


It was a poll in Latvian forum(I would like to see there another poll though a bit earlier :puzzled: )

http://www.dabasdati.lv/forums/viewtopi ... =19&t=1068

Both Miks and Mairis got 6 voices each. The second chick does deserve the name too, doen't it?


yes, totally agree

Re: Latvian LSE Nest Webcam 2012

June 15th, 2012, 7:30 pm

agree, will probably make the say good-bye much harder *shrug*

Re: Latvian LSE Nest Webcam 2012

June 15th, 2012, 7:31 pm

20:18
Metra shook the feathers.
The smallest came bravely up
..very wet

http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w37 ... 07s157.jpg

Re: Latvian LSE Nest Webcam 2012

June 15th, 2012, 8:26 pm

:wave:
Names Miks and Mairis received an equal number of votes therefore the name chosen dr.Bergmanis :D

Latvian eaglet given the name Miks

Re: Latvian LSE Nest Webcam 2012

June 15th, 2012, 8:27 pm

And the second one is Mairis?

Re: Latvian LSE Nest Webcam 2012

June 15th, 2012, 8:50 pm

Ok, thank you Grieta

21:42 - Metra shake the feathers and flies away, is also directly back( 15 sec. )
Image

Image

Image
Topic locked