Latvian Lesser Spotted Eagles webcam - Mētra and Mačo 2014

Lesser Spotted Eagles in Latvia
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Latvian Lesser Spotted Eagles webcam - Mētra and Mačo 2014

Post by Felis silvestris »

We hope to have also have the chance to again watch the Latvian Lesser Spotted Eagle's nest life.
It is announced for April 2014 - http://www.pomarina.lv/#WebCam

April 27: We have been informed by lianaliesma that a Latvian LSE camera has started to work. It seems not to be the one showing Mētra and Mačo as in the previous years. In the Latvian forum I found that they expect more information about this nest from Dr. Bergmanis in the evening. I will add it as it becomes available for me.

http://www.pomarina.lv/

Latvian forum: http://dabasdati.lv/forums/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1428

Bea found a VLC stream, though rather unstable at the moment: rtsp://rafale.grafton.lv/live/mazaiserglis

German viewers can view the cam also through: http://www.schreiadler.org (embedded flashplayer) - it has also not yet started as of April 27 (13:30 German time)
Update May 8 - the transmission on the German website has started as well.

Update May 7: It seems there are problems on the nest which was seen on camera. The stream was today switched to the Mētra and Mačo nest we know from previous years. One eagle is sitting on an egg, it is not clear, if it is Mačo and Mētra has left the nest already.

Update May 9: the transmission is interrupted, the camera battery apparently got discharged and has to be re-charged
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Facts about the 2014 season

April 25 15:50 - first egg

May 1 ? - second egg is seen

The camera stream was switched over to the Mētra and Mačo nest we know from previous years

May 7 - one egg is in the nest already - no information about the day it was laid yet

As we have no date, we don't know when hatch watch should start, some time from the beginning of June. We also can't be sure the egg is fertile!
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Reserved

Felis silvestris
Site Admin

As far as I can see the new nest is not the Mētra/Mačo one, I will change everything to whatever I find out in due course of time, but for observations this topic is open now!

lianaliesma

Post by lianaliesma »

April 27

:hi: Latvian LSE cam is open!
Information about this nest will follow!
Live webcam: http://www.pomarina.lv/
Latvian forum: http://dabasdati.lv/forums/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1417

13.14 Calling and waiting for food ... first egg laid April 25, at 15.50, the second egg is expected today... :loveshower:
We are living in a dangerous age. Human beings dominate nature, before they have learned to control themselves. -Albert Schweitzer
I have been studying the traits and dispositions of the so-called "lower animals" versus the traits and dispositions of man. The result humiliates me. - Mark Twain
Lussi05

Post by Lussi05 »

Very exciting! Thank you lianaliesma and Felis, I look forward to more information :wave:

14:37 - Female (I assume) in the nest, on the egg, she is calling. It´s so nice to hear it again :loveshower: The cam is on and off, at least on my computer..

And the second egg is expected today..
Bea

Post by Bea »

Both streams, JW-Player via the wegpage, as well as VLC, work very unstable, also here for me, Lussi!
Nature does nothing in vain (Aristoteles)
Hellem

Post by Hellem »

:hi:
Let`s hope, that there will be not the second egg...
Lussi05

Post by Lussi05 »

Bea wrote:Both streams, JW-Player via the wegpage, as well as VLC, work very unstable, also here for me, Lussi!
Hellem and Bea :hi: So it´s not only here then.

14:51 - I didn´t see it, but she was probably rolling the egg. Then she was preening a bit, and changing her position..
14:54 - She was preening, and changing her position

Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Yes, here both streams do not stay on, I have to turn them on again and again. Maybe it is getting better.

Second egg? The first one came on 25th? I think today is too early. Difference according to book knowledge (and previous observations) is 3 to 4 days.

Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

this is really a really great surprise.Thanks :thumbs:
Lesser Spotted Eagle are my great passion :loveshower:
lianaliesma

Post by lianaliesma »

15.57 Calling...

15.58 Nest bowl is rather deep.
We are living in a dangerous age. Human beings dominate nature, before they have learned to control themselves. -Albert Schweitzer
I have been studying the traits and dispositions of the so-called "lower animals" versus the traits and dispositions of man. The result humiliates me. - Mark Twain
Manu

Post by Manu »

I just read the Latvian-cam is online again :loveshower: . Thanks a lot to lianaliesma and Felis for the update. What very nice news on this rainy sunday.
Lussi05

Post by Lussi05 »

No connection to the cam for me :cry:
Manu

Post by Manu »

I tried it only once today but also no cam for me :cry:
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Here too, VLC crashed a long time ago and the JW player stream does not turn on again :unsure:

(also Konnakotkas is more of than on)

Lussi05

Post by Lussi05 »

28 April - Still no cam in the early morning:(
Black swan

Post by Black swan »

No cam, it's sad. Hope comes back quickly. Would like to see an occupied nest... :rolleyes:
Michi

Post by Michi »

:hi:
I was lucky and could catch some pictures. :D
But the cam seems to be damaged. Mostly one can see only a multicolored, strange screen. What a pity!

16:00 incubation.

Black swan

Post by Black swan »

Thank you Michi!
I just open the cam and yeees! The female(?) lies in the nest and calls, I love these calls. :loveshower:

Return to “Lesser Spotted Eagles”