Bear Webcam 2011

Brown Bear Webcam in Alutaguse Forest
Kitty KCMO

Re: Bear Webcam

Post by Kitty KCMO »

I popped back on for a moment to post an article about flooding in USA & effects on ospreys. posted here (bottom of page): viewtopic.php?f=37&p=101554#p101554

Now I am off again! :wave:
Kitty KCMO
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Post by Felis silvestris »

Fleur wrote::wave: Felis.
Good night
Not yet, but soon. I think the cuckoo won't go so soon as well.

cougar wrote last night or today early morning:
cougar wrote:I was always sad, when the winter boar camera ended at spring. So I welcome this summer woods' camera from all of my heart :loveshower: :loveshower: :loveshower:
So far no animals, but the big bumblebee and the cockoo, though. And the cockoo "works" even at 3.11, as now, lol. 8-)
But I hope, now we can see also the elves (and I don't mean these ridiculous little winged creatures, fairies) dancing, especially at St John's day's eve, as much as Estonia is the "land of the elves, witches and werewolves, lol :headroll:
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

so late? :laugh:

I agree with cougar, a nice replacement of the wild boar webcam.

@ Kitty: I will read it later, I'm going to bed now
Good night everyone :wave:
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Post by Felis silvestris »

:wave: good night Fleur!
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
alice44

Post by alice44 »

tonight it seems the forest is virtually silent
Kitty KCMO

Post by Kitty KCMO »

Thus far, no night time forest animals have come around, at least not while I watched. The cuckoo just roused a moment ago & gave a few coo-koos, but now only the night insects make noise. I did see a ghostly sort of image earlier, floating by the cam & going in several directions by quick turns :shock: -- but I am pretty sure it was a moth or other night insect fluttering by. :mrgreen: (Or maybe an elf, I really don't know!)

I go to Käsmu cam to break up the monotony, & the night sky there is gorgeous with colors. It seems by now that sunset sort of blends into sunrise in north reaches of Estonia. :loveshower:
Kitty KCMO
alice44

Post by alice44 »

1:56

I just heard a noise that was definitely motion but I did not see anything.

Already the sky is lighter than the forest.
Kitty KCMO

Post by Kitty KCMO »

alice44 wrote:1:56

I just heard a noise that was definitely motion but I did not see anything.

Already the sky is lighter than the forest.
Darn! I went to another forum for a minute, & had Youtube playing instead of the cam! Did you see anything at all, Alice?

The sky does seem to be brightening quickly.
Kitty KCMO
Kitty KCMO

Post by Kitty KCMO »

Dogs have begun barking from afar, & the cuckoo started up again for a few minutes.

Edit, 2:35-- Yes, the cuckoo is definitely awake & back on his 2-second cycle. :D
Kitty KCMO
macdoum

Post by macdoum »

:slap: Its that cuckoo again. :mrgreen:
Carmel a member of SHOW .. I hope you love birds too. Its economical. It saves going to heaven.
Emily Dickinson
Kitty KCMO

Post by Kitty KCMO »

:faint: SOMETHING! Moving quickly at center behind the tree line. I THINK a beaer, but not sure. I am recording right now just in case I can get it, but I think I was too slow.
Kitty KCMO
heidu

Post by heidu »

last night i see something behind the big tree. There was something mowing there now also
Kitty KCMO

Post by Kitty KCMO »

:cry: :rant: I did not get it in my video. Just the cuckoo. so i got rid of the video & will start over. Darn it! But you saw it, too, Heidu. I feel better knowing it was not just my eagerness letting me see things.

NOW I AM GETTING IT!! Behind the big pine tree at the right. Will post when I get the whole video. It IS a bear. :loveshower:

Edit, 3:06-- It is still there. But I am uploading video & can't record at the moment.
Kitty KCMO
Kitty KCMO

Post by Kitty KCMO »

A bear lurks in the forest! (I should have waited to record-- much better view later as it went off cam to the left.) Video best viewed if you right-click & choose watch on Youtube.

These photos are not very good, the bear is blurry as it makes its way quickly to the left & off cam.

Kitty KCMO
heidu

Post by heidu »

It came in and went out the same way as last night :loveshower: I`m so happy that some other see it too. I have taken some pictures,but can`t put them in here yet :book: have too learn a bit first :slap:
Kitty KCMO

Post by Kitty KCMO »

heidu wrote:It came in and went out the same way as last night :loveshower: I`m so happy that some other see it too. I have taken some pictures,but can`t put them in here yet :book: have too learn a bit first :slap:
It is not too difficult, Heidu. You need to either have an account to where you can upload the photos (as Photobucket or Flikr.com), or do as I do & use a site like ImageShack that does not require an account. This works OK if you don't care to have a site other than here where you share photos. With ImageShack (http://imageshack.us/) you simply click the browse button to chose which photos to upload from your computer, then after that, click upload button & after they get uploaded, copy the "forum code" text & paste it into a posting here.
Kitty KCMO
heidu

Post by heidu »

Have too try it tomorrow, it`s a bit late now(Norway one hour after Eesti time :nod: I´m having a great picture of it sitting behind the tree, looking like the head of a teddybear :rotf: :offtobed:
Kitty KCMO

Post by Kitty KCMO »

I look forward to seeing your photo when yo get it posted, Heidu. Goodnight! :wave:

Now I have to log off for a while, too. I must make some supper for us.
Kitty KCMO
alice44

Post by alice44 »

For a while in the night I thought there was no mic (that it had died or been eaten) but now the cuckoo has been audible for hours and I did hear that movement -- the only thing I heard it got much lighter.

I saw nothing. So you guys were much luckier than I.
alice44

Post by alice44 »

I saw a raven earlier and more recently sun glinting on a spider web.

Return to “Alutaguse Bear Webcam”