Black Stork Webcam - Tiit & Tiina 2011

Cameras Watching over Black Storks nest
Olga

Re: Black Stork Webcam - New Nest.

Post by Olga »

Andrea:
Today there was an article with my photo in the news paper about the young black stork from CZ! I am very proud!
Congratulations! :thumbs: It does not happen every day!
SHoW(StorkaHolics of the World)
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Post by Felis silvestris »

What a coincidence, I saw "my" zoo stork on TV today. It was one of the older episodes of zoo stories and the stork already had that short broken beak. Narrator and zoo keeper were telling that both storks came from a different zoo (!) to breed there (it was in spring and the keeper made the nest ready for them) because the old couple had died previously of old age. They did not say anything about the beak so since two years later the situation has not changed I guess it is no handicap. But I looked into the zoo index (where all animals plus new ones, given away and dead ones are listed), in the last two years (2009 and 2010) the BS did not breed there.

The camera shows an empty nest, does not look like somebody still stays there or comes back to.
http://s1127.photobucket.com/albums/l63 ... ember%201/
http://s1127.photobucket.com/albums/l63 ... ember%202/
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
Olga

Post by Olga »

:dunno:

It's foggy

vaino

Post by vaino »

16:14, I think that the sun is shining into the camera and creating a foggy effect.
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

I think the difference between the temperatures during day and in the night causes the camera to become foggy. Urmas had written something like that when the camera at the WTE nest fogged up. We found it very romantic though.
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Here is a new photo of Neli in Finland. It came from Urmas, via Katinka and Liis.
I received it at a HUGE picture, and the detail is stunning, but sadly, once photobucket has processed it, it looks like this!

alice44

Post by alice44 »

What is our Neli still doing in Finland? I hope she is doing well with her hunting.
asteria

Post by asteria »

alice44 wrote:What is our Neli still doing in Finland? I hope she is doing well with her hunting.
On the one hand it is nice to know Neli is OK at the moment but on the other hand it is really weird. What is she going to do in winter? :shock:
Whoever saves one life saves the world entire
vaino

Post by vaino »

13:27, This foto of Neli is from the same series as before. It was reported that she flew South and she is no longer in Finland.
Liis

Post by Liis »

Jo UK wrote:Here is a new photo of Neli in Finland. It came from Urmas, via Katinka and Liis.
I received it at a HUGE picture, and the detail is stunning, but sadly, once photobucket has processed it, it looks like this!

The photo was sent to Katinka; photographer is Heikki Minn; he had added this text “I photographed Neli in Perniö, Finland in the evening of 30th August in wet conditions and heard that she continued her journey on the next day approximately at noon to an unknown site.
So as far as we know, Neli is on the way southwards, after that short visit in Finland!
Thnaks, Jo, for helping to post it!
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

A beautiful picture of our sweet Neli. Who is hopefully on her way to warmer places down SOUTH!
Nest is empty, but on Sept. 3 a blackbird visited the nest in the evening. The camera was already a bit tired

Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

I have enlarged that photo of Neli. Let's see if it has improved - -

Lussi05

Post by Lussi05 »

Neli is so beautiful. Is it raindrops on her back, and is it raining?I didn't notice it on the smaller picture. Thank you for posting it Jo :wave:
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

It was twice that size, or greater, when I received it. I could see every tiny water drop, every detail of feathers. I so wanted to post a better picture!
I can e-mail the large version to anyone who wants it.

If anyone else wants to enlarge Neli, then we can have a "Best Pic of Neli" contest or competition!!
Bairbre

Post by Bairbre »

Thank you Jo, that is a truly lovely picture. :2thumbsup:
Proud member of SHoW. (StorkaHolics Of the World)

"There are no strangers here; only friends you haven't met yet"
William Butler Yeats
Kitty KCMO

Post by Kitty KCMO »

:D Neli still has her tassels! So cute. But she looks engaged seriously in hunting for dinner.
Kitty KCMO
Olga

Post by Olga »

Please :wave: Jo, send to me all possible Neli-photographs!
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Olga wrote:Please :wave: Jo, send to me all possible Neli-photographs!
I have sent it!
Olga

Post by Olga »

Jo UK wrote: I have sent it!
It is great, lovely!! :loveshower: Thank you! Neli may have been flying high up in 'my sky', over this forest hill!
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Jo UK wrote:It was twice that size, or greater, when I received it. I could see every tiny water drop, every detail of feathers. I so wanted to post a better picture!
I can e-mail the large version to anyone who wants it.
I also would like to have the big picture please! :wave:

Return to “Black Stork Camera Forum”