Eagles' Winter Feeding Ground ~ Dec 2011 - Mar 2012

Webcams of eagles feeding during winter time
ame

Re: Eagles Winter Feeding Ground 2012

Post by ame »

i got at least one decent picture of the rings on one eagle's legs.
ame

Post by ame »

five eagles.

six eagles!

i made an album for today's pictures here: http://s561.photobucket.com/albums/ss54 ... 12January/
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Post by Felis silvestris »

Stream is getting a bit jolting
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
ame

Post by ame »

Felis: my picture is ok i think, but i could not open it with Mozilla but i had to use IE instead, just like yesterday. --no! now the picture froze for a while. and again. :bash:

ravens are looking for left-overs.
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Ame, somewhere I read to once delete cookies, maybe this helps? Cookies and cache, that sometimes helps if there are problems!
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Felis silvestris wrote:Stream is getting a bit jolting
Or is it that there is a new operator? :nod:
ame

Post by ame »

Y-tube is stuck. i'm trying to create a playlist of videos there but it refuses to co-operate. :bash:
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Jo UK wrote: Or is it that there is a new operator? :nod:
No I don't think so! :wink:

ame

Post by ame »

Felis silvestris wrote:Ame, somewhere I read to once delete cookies, maybe this helps? Cookies and cache, that sometimes helps if there are problems!
now that you reminded i remembered that, too. and did so and now the stream was found by Mozilla! :laugh: thank you! :wave:
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

You're welcome! Good that it helped! :wave:

renno

Post by renno »

ame wrote:i got at least one decent picture of the rings on one eagle's legs.
wrong picture first, sorry.
This bird with ring B279 is born in 2010 somewhere in SW-Finland, most probably somewhere on Turku islands. We will forward this observation to Finnish Ringing Centre. We all saw this bird here also last winter, last time exactly year ago - 20th Jan 2011!

Thank You a lot for the pictures and videos!
ame

Post by ame »

renno wrote: This bird with ring B279 is born in 2010 somewhere in SW-Finland, most probably somewhere on Turku islands. We will forward this observation to Finnish Ringing Centre. We all saw this bird here also last winter, last time exactly year ago - 20th Jan 2011!

:loveshower: :loveshower:
thank you Renno! :thumbs:

Y-tube still refuses to add videos to the playlist but they can be found starting from here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGBl1OoolQw
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Ame's local bird :mrgreen:

I have to leave for a while now, my son wants lunch! I keep the cam open and check! :wave:

b.h-p

Post by b.h-p »

renno wrote: This bird with ring B279 is born in 2010 somewhere in SW-Finland, most probably somewhere on Turku islands. We will forward this observation to Finnish Ringing Centre. We all saw this bird here also last winter, last time exactly year ago - 20th Jan 2011!

Thanks for info, Renno :thumbs:
This is very interesting! - to locate the very same eagle at the same spot two years in a row and nearly at the same date
Eagles better know how to live their lifes than humans do on their behalf

the WtE database at LK created by the forumist Maertha is a goldmine of knowledge and news
Bleggi

Post by Bleggi »

What a wonderful cam this is to make it able to watch the Eagles and so many other birds while they are eating or looking in the world.
I have so many pictures in the meantime that it is great to have a dia-show with my own pics. Above all I have done so much housework this morning - making cakes and washing the plates etc. Between working I watched the cam on my little netbook and took also many pics. That I will enjoy later the second time.
Thank you for this cam :wave:
fireblade1

Post by fireblade1 »

ame

Post by ame »

there were 2 eagles, one grown-up and the other with some dark in the beak, eating in those bushes on the right. it was difficult to see them but the adult seemed to have two large black spots on its tail... and i'm not sure but it may have had rings, too, blue and white maybe.... :puzzled:

but the hair-do was flat. :whistling:

EDIT: i watched these again and i think the older eagle had also some dark colour in the tip of the tail. false alarm. :mrgreen:
Rionn

Post by Rionn »

So much activity today on the cam and I missed most of it :cry:
So thank you for wonderfull pictures and videos, and for zooming. It's very interesting to know where the eagles come from.
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Eagle is a bit irritated about the fellows who want to keep him company on his branch :mrgreen:

Rionn

Post by Rionn »

No cam for me here :banghead: I'm not at home, so maybe it is due to the network here. It is very slow too, it took me nearly 5 minutes to post this two messages, so I think I will :peek: in here every now and then.
Have a good day, bye for now :wave:

Return to “Eagles Winter Webcams Forum”