Wildlife Cameras that are really good

Links to other wildlife cameras around the world.
Kitty KCMO

Re: Wildlife Cameras that are really good

Post by Kitty KCMO »

Yes, it is lovely, Bea. I always check that camera & even when it is cloudy, sometimes the Aurora is so bright, it lights up the clouds from behind. So pretty!
Kitty KCMO
fireblade1

Post by fireblade1 »

:wave: http://www.heliganwild.com/webcams
Jackdaw-pair checked the place
Kitty KCMO

Post by Kitty KCMO »

For Fireblade--Store Mosse National Park, 18:08 pm, 17 Mar 2012. A goshawk, I think.

Kitty KCMO
fireblade1

Post by fireblade1 »

Kitty KCMO wrote:For Fireblade--Store Mosse National Park, 18:08 pm, 17 Mar 2012. A goshawk, I think.
Thank you Kitty. Yes the morning goshawk. There is also the end of this season, I think :wave:
Kitty KCMO

Post by Kitty KCMO »

A mother Canada goose is brooding her eggs in an abandoned hawk nest platform near Prather, California. The hatch date is estimated to be sometime from April 3 to April 7, 2012.

Local USA time = March 18, 2012 18:08 PM (Alice's timezome)

This video is at about 20:25 local California time on 17 March 2012 (last night). There were frogs singing, cattle lowing at times, & dogs barking. The dogs went mad a few minutes before I recorded, because a pack of coyotes began howling! Of course, not being prepared to record, I missed that. :banghead: It was unmistakeable what it was, though. I have heard them howling & singing many times, as I grew up in country where coyotes were common. I like to hear them!

Here is the link I use to get the cam-- it will open full screen in a browser window. And there will be very loud advertisements about every 20 minutes, so beware your ears!
http://www.ustream.tv/channel-popup/clo ... tail-hawks
Kitty KCMO
Kitty KCMO

Post by Kitty KCMO »

More from the Eaglecrest Canada goose nest: Mother Goose awakens & turns eggs. 21:15 local California time.

A pair of hoot-owls (great horned owls) calls to each other as Mother Goose sleeps. March 19, 1:20 am local California time.

Kitty KCMO
Kitty KCMO

Post by Kitty KCMO »

A screech owl (Western Screech Owl- Megascops kennicoti) unexpectedly begins calling from somewhere near the nest. In the background, the pair of great horned owls continue calling to each other. And the frogs continue their lullaby.

NB: This could also be a barn owl calling, as they also make a screeching sound. The Screech Owl usually has a rather nice little song, but it can indeed screech & give you the shivers when it does so. :laugh:
Kitty KCMO
Kitty KCMO

Post by Kitty KCMO »

Coyotes begin to howl in chorus with each other as Mother Goose listens intently & the hoot-owls still call to each other in the background.

March 19, 2:12 am local California time.

Kitty KCMO
Kitty KCMO

Post by Kitty KCMO »

Mother Goose rearranges herself & her eggs. Local California time = 18:15 pm.

Mother Goose nibbles the tree bark to get something (bits of bark? moss?) that she then distributes around herself in the nest.

Kitty KCMO
Kitty KCMO

Post by Kitty KCMO »

Good evening / Good day. :hi: I really feel I should post all these goose videos somewhere else, but I began putting them here & do not know how to move them to some other place, or where that should be. :puzzled: So for now, they will be here, I guess. Soooo . . .

Some kind of bird scolds Mother Goose. Papa Goose calls from the pond. She tends her eggs, then flies off the nest to meet him for a short break. There is much happy honking!

Mother Goose returns to her nest. (Had to cut this short due to LOUD advert starting up. :banghead:)

Coyote pack begins its evening by howling together. The neighborhood dogs also join in with their barking.

Kitty KCMO
macdoum

Post by macdoum »

Peregrine cam in London ? at Charing + Hospital :mrgreen:

http://www.wildlifewhisperer.tv/live-cams/1326

Four eggs laid.
Carmel a member of SHOW .. I hope you love birds too. Its economical. It saves going to heaven.
Emily Dickinson
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

@ wow Kitty, what an interesting link :thumbs:
thanks
Kitty KCMO

Post by Kitty KCMO »

Just for something a little bit different. A barnyard in Virginia with a variety of chickens, ducks, & geese, as well as several goats. Link to cam is here: http://flyingskunk.com/live.php

Kitty KCMO
Kitty KCMO

Post by Kitty KCMO »

Quiet night with frogs singing, coyotes calling, & dogs barking. And, of course, traffic sounds. None of it bothers Mother Goose.

Kitty KCMO
Kitty KCMO

Post by Kitty KCMO »

29 Mar 2012-- 19:45 local USA time

A neighbor seems to have moved into the tree cavity next door-- I think a starling. It appears to be setting up a nest of its own, Mother Goose is not bothered by it. She may enjoy the songs. The little bird is at the left side of the nest on a bit of a ledge.

Kitty KCMO
Kitty KCMO

Post by Kitty KCMO »

And then another visitor came near-- an acorn woodpecker, I think. THis one, too, seems to have a nest in a cavity in the tree. The old tree has become a series of apartments / flats!

Kitty KCMO
Kitty KCMO

Post by Kitty KCMO »

Mother Goose returns to her eggs after a short rest break. Ducks quack & redwinged blackbirds sing in the background. Mother preens herself, then tries find a comforatable way to sit on the eggs.

Kitty KCMO
Kitty KCMO

Post by Kitty KCMO »

A chorus of coyotes begins to howl in the evening air. This sets the local dogs to barking.

Kitty KCMO
Kitty KCMO

Post by Kitty KCMO »

I was watching the California Mother Goose just now, & I saw a small lizard running across the old tree trunk. It stopped & looked a the goose for a few minutes before moving on. She seemed monetarily interested in it, too. Lizard is circled on the photo.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Kitty KCMO
Kitty KCMO

Post by Kitty KCMO »

A lizard runs along the old tree trunk at the right side. It surveys the goose nest & surroundings, then continues its explorations.

The following lizard videos are better seen if you right-click on the picture & choose to "watch on YouTube."

Suddenly, there are several lizards all over both branches of the tree & underneath the nest, even on the back edge of the nest. Mother Goose seems to be a bit worried, made a bit of a clucking noise, & she watches them.

Kitty KCMO

Return to “Camera Links”