Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Estonian LSE Nest Discussion 2012 ~ Eha & Koit

Post by Felis silvestris »

Eha & Koit 2012: http://pontu.eenet.ee/player/konnakotkas.html

rtsp-Stream (VLC): rtsp://193.40.133.138:80/live/konnakotkas

http://www.looduskalender.ee/en/node/13184

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't think it's the Latvian nest - it must be Koit and Eha's nest, only last year they decided to raise their chick without the camera!
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
Bubo

Post by Bubo »

Felis, great that you found this camera! :loveshower: It's really Koit's and Eha's nest.

Btw: Tooni is working again!
Bubo Bubo
asteria

Post by asteria »

But Koit and Eha didn't use that nest last year and move to another one, so if it is the old nest, it will be empty again.
Whoever saves one life saves the world entire
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Am I becoming crazy? No, there is a LSE in the new nest! :loveshower:
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Are Koit or Eha ringed? The light is very bad, but I think I saw rings!

Oh, how much I have missed the sound of the LSE! :loveshower: :shake: :headroll:

In case you think I am crazy:

I have not yet seen the bird again! :unsure:

ame

Post by ame »

i didn't see any LSE there... somehow the nest looks different than last year, but it's definately not the Latvian nest. so Eha and Koit were Estonian, from this nest: viewtopic.php?p=96706#p96706
fireblade1 wrote:Image
is it a slightly different viewing angle now, but the two big sprucetrunks are there. could it be that the camera is on the other side of the nest now? :puzzled:

lucky you Felis to see the eagle there! :thumbs:
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Yes, and with all the buzzards calling and thinking of LSE - I first thought I am hearing voices now :faint: :mrgreen:
Hope we will see him/her again and also at the other nest!

Edit: could it be the "new" nest site Urmas was mentioning?

Lussi05

Post by Lussi05 »

Felis silvestris wrote:Are Koit or Eha ringed? The light is very bad, but I think I saw rings!

Oh, how much I have missed the sound of the LSE! :loveshower: :shake:
Felis :hi: I don`t think Eha or Koit have rings..
asteria

Post by asteria »

Felis silvestris wrote:Yes, and with all the buzzards calling and thinking of LSE - I first thought I am hearing voices now :faint: :mrgreen:
Hope we will see him/her again and also at the other nest!

Edit: could it be the "new" nest site Urmas was mentioning?
If the LSE has rings, it is another couple, not Koit and Eha.
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

We will see, if I really saw rings, if or when the bird comes back! Now the light would be better, but now the LSE is gone!

Lussi05

Post by Lussi05 »

Since Eha and Koit built a new nest last year, do you think they will use this nest again this year? And as I understood, their new nest is not so far away, isn`t it to close for another LSE couple to settle down in their old one?
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

From what I know by now about LSE, not that close. Urmas wrote how close the new nest was, I forgot, but it was much too close for a second pair!

Bubo

Post by Bubo »

Good evening!
Thank you for the pictures from today, nice to see eagle in the nest! :loveshower:
I think it's new Koit's and Eha's nest, but maybe better to wait information from LK. Also, new topic need for other nest :rolleyes:

Now both nests are empty.

Edit:
I found Urmas post from last year: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=283&start=100
New nest is 70m from the old.
Bubo Bubo
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Thanks Bubo, for looking it up. That's way too close for a second couple to make a nest!
We surely will get information about this nest - so far none of the two are official yet! We have to be patient, after all we were finding the cams on our own "by accident" :mrgreen:

Lussi05

Post by Lussi05 »

Felis, I forgot to thank you for the picture of the LSE, and you are right, it`s so great to see them again :loveshower:
Bubo, thank you for the information :wave:
Kitty KCMO

Post by Kitty KCMO »

:loveshower: Ohhh, these are my favorites, I hope they do nest here so we can watch! :headroll:
Kitty KCMO
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

I had a mail from Jo with information by Urmas for this nest - I hope it's okay to pass it on: the cam is at the new nest site, the one Eha and Koit used last year! That explains the unfamiliar look. We will get information about everything as soon as Urmas gets around to it!

As usual, we have been too fast and found out inofficial things :whistling:

I have not seen (or heard - I'm not at the PC for so long today as yet) anyone on the nest today, but maybe that was the first visit?

Lussi05

Post by Lussi05 »

Felis silvestris wrote:I had a mail from Jo with information by Urmas for this nest - I hope it's okay to pass it on: the cam is at the new nest site, the one Eha and Koit used last year! That explains the unfamiliar look. We will get information about everything as soon as Urmas gets around to it!

As usual, we have been too fast and found out inofficial things :whistling:

I have not seen (or heard - I'm not at the PC for so long today as yet) anyone on the nest today, but maybe that was the first visit?
So it is Eha and Koits new nest, how exciting. Maybe you caught one of them on your picture yesterday, Felis. Thank you so much for the information :wave:
Grieta

Post by Grieta »

:wave:

In the Dabasdati forum my name is Vērotāja
asteria

Post by asteria »

Yes, it's Eha! :loveshower:

Return to “Lesser Spotted Eagle Webcam Forum”