Estonian LSE Nest Discussion 2012 ~ Tuuli & Remo

Mutikluti

Re: Estonian LSE Nest Discussion 2012 ~ Tuuli & Remo

Post by Mutikluti »

Tuuli calls Remo from time to time and from boredom she began to mend the nest...

She is so cute! :loveshower:
Proud to be a member of SHoW
Mutikluti

Post by Mutikluti »

Tuuli was away from the nest and returned at:

She left again...

...and returned with a twig...

Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

I have some news that may not please everyone.
I have heard that our server, EEnet - who donate their server space to looduskalender - are going to change all our webcam streams to the JW Player format. It is too much to maintain two different streams.

Some members are already having difficulty with the present use of JW Player That is going to increase soon.
Webmaster has suggested using RTMPDUMP which I don't know about.
I know we have some very knowledgable members here, so any help with this problem will be very welcome.
I will post this on other webcam topics.
Mutikluti

Post by Mutikluti »

Remo is back!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :loveshower: :loveshower: :loveshower:

I didn't can take a picture, my JW Player did tricks... :bash: ...but I saw them together! :loveshower:
urmaslett

Post by urmaslett »

Jo UK wrote:I have some news that may not please everyone.
I have heard that our server, EEnet - who donate their server space to looduskalender - are going to change all our webcam streams to the JW Player format. It is too much to maintain two different streams.
Don't panic!
We cannot do two different streams because of bandwidth limitations from nest site.
We will not change existing popular streams.

You can still use VLC with URLs like:
rtsp://193.40.133.138:80/live/konnakotkas
rtsp://193.40.133.138:80/live/tooni

Saving stream with ffmpeg to mkv format:
ffmpeg -i rtmp://193.40.133.138/live/tooni -acodec copy -vcodec copy tooni.mkv

regards,
Urmas
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Post by Felis silvestris »

You can still use VLC with URLs like:
rtsp://193.40.133.138:80/live/konnakotkas
rtsp://193.40.133.138:80/live/tooni
:bow: If this will keep on working, I won't say a word again, as this works with VLC and thus has all what "we need", snapshot, video recording! BUT ... I just remind that the Nova stream died after a few days ...

I do understand the situation behind the change, but I guess I don't speak only for myself, if I say I (we) would like to keep on with collecting snapshots and videos, which, after all, are also for Looduskalender!

In any case, thank you for the rtsp stream and PLEASE, let it not die! :2thumbsup:
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
Amsel67

Post by Amsel67 »

so many good news - but THIS is the best of all of them

Another season with Tuuli and Remo :loveshower:

Thank you all for first videos and pics

Where is it EXACTLY? (need it for local temperature ;) )
Das Gras wächst nicht schneller, wenn man daran zieht
Bea

Post by Bea »

Mutikluti wrote:Remo is back!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :loveshower:

I didn't can take a picture, my JW Player did tricks... :bash: ...but I saw them together! :loveshower:

I saw them, too .... but it was like the picture was frozen for a moment and then they were away .... :bash:

But now I´m using the rtsp-adress from Urmas for VLC ...
Nature does nothing in vain (Aristoteles)
macko50

Post by macko50 »

Jo UK wrote:I have some news that may not please everyone.
It's a very bad news to me :( I bought and used Replay AV for saving streams before. It was a very comfortable way for saving the streams. I can shedule my saving with it, and I can edit the saved files later. Replay AV was working wery well with the old streams, but cant work with new URL-s, as I see now :(
"One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals." - Mahatma Gandhi
George
http://madarlesok.lapunk.hu/
Bubo

Post by Bubo »

Hello! :hi:

I saw Remo, too. But it was just a picture while cam is loading. This picture is from last year, also two eggs seen. But if you really saw them live, can you say a time at what this happen, maybe pontu have pictures? :rolleyes:
And this link for camera isn't working for me: [url]rtsp://193.40.133.138:80/live/tooni[/url]. I opened it with VLC but it isn't working :cry: . Also I can't take pictures with VLC, I'm using Fraps and it works only on Windows Media Player :cry:
Bubo Bubo
oliv

Post by oliv »

I can´t find Tuulis and Remos camera. Please :help:
Grieta

Post by Grieta »

In the Dabasdati forum my name is Vērotāja
oliv

Post by oliv »

Thanks a lot :wave:
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

:faint: What a lot of problems.

If you don't need or want to see the cam in VLC player, the address is: http://pontu.eenet.ee/player/tooni.html
For me it works in VLC, you have to be patient, it takes a bit longer to open, but it does (did at work, does here at home where I am already by now): [url]rtsp://193.40.133.138:80/live/tooni[/url]

Snapshots: VLC can make them, there is no external program necessary. ONLY - there is a new version out, 2.0., 2.0.1 and 2.0.2 - I think the 2.0.2 is a beta, not yet fully published - they can't make snapshot using "jpg" - only using "png"! Those things can be adjusted in "Preferences" / Video! I think Videolan is working on the problem!

And great news - Remo also arrived! :loveshower:
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

Grieta

Post by Grieta »

From yesterday work Latvian LSE cam. Two eagles seen at the nest yesterday 12:37. It is a new nest and these eagles no name yet.

mms://wm.tiesraides.lv/lu1
In the Dabasdati forum my name is Vērotāja
Bubo

Post by Bubo »

Thank you Felis! :wave:
VLC already works for me, only need to wait much until it loads. Now i'm learning how to take snaps fast :2thumbsup:
Bubo Bubo
macko50

Post by macko50 »

Felis silvestris wrote::faint: What a lot of problems.

If you don't need or want to see the cam in VLC player, the address is: http://pontu.eenet.ee/player/tooni.html
For me it works in VLC, you have to be patient, it takes a bit longer to open, but it does (did at work, does here at home where I am already by now): http://pontu.eenet.ee/player/tooni.html

Snapshots: VLC can make them, there is no external program necessary. ONLY - there is a new version out, 2.0., 2.0.1 and 2.0.2 - I think the 2.0.2 is a beta, not yet fully published - they can't make snapshot using "jpg" - only using "png"! Those things can be adjusted in "Preferences" / Video! I think Videolan is working on the problem!

And great news - Remo also arrived! :loveshower:
And what can I do with my Replay AV. The user guide say:

"Stream Capture (Replay A/V only): This option records MP3, Windows Media and Real streams directly from the network source. This works for most (but not all) audio and video sources."

It's a not too cheep, but a very intelligent software for catching streams, but Replay AV which can work with a lot of streams, can't work with the new streams. Can you recommend another intelligent software, which can sheduling my stream capturing, and can edit and split the files in the end, or who can give me some advices how to use Replay AV capturing the new streams. If somebody can help me thanks in advance.
"One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals." - Mahatma Gandhi
George
http://madarlesok.lapunk.hu/
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

macko50 wrote:
And what can I do with my Replay AV. The user guide say:

"Stream Capture (Replay A/V only): This option records MP3, Windows Media and Real streams directly from the network source. This works for most (but not all) audio and video sources."

It's a not too cheep, but a very intelligent software for catching streams, but Replay AV which can work with a lot of streams, can't work with the new streams. Can you recommend another intelligent software, which can sheduling my stream capturing, and can edit and split the files in the end, or who can give me some advices how to use Replay AV capturing the new streams. If somebody can help me thanks in advance.
That was actually our problem ever since they introduced the new stream at the Nova cam (winter feeding place for eagles). And that's the reason why all of us were somehow a bit affected by the news about all cameras changing to the new kind of stream. If, what Urmas Lett wrote a bit further up, the stream also is in rtsp (whatever that is, I am a computer non-professional), it is possible to view it in VLC! Which is actually, I think, what we people around here, all would prefer, as VLC has the snapshot function inbuilt and it is possible to record, no need for other external stuff or snipping tools etc.
Maybe somebody knowing more about streams, catching and recording them, has an idea, if and how your Replay AV would work with it?

Bea

Post by Bea »

Bubo wrote:Hello! :hi:
I saw Remo, too. But it was just a picture while cam is loading. This picture is from last year, also two eggs seen. But if you really saw them live, can you say a time at what this happen, maybe pontu have pictures? :rolleyes:

PAH !!! So it was probably a fake by JWPlayer :bash:

Let´s hope to see them both in reality soon :shake:
Nature does nothing in vain (Aristoteles)
urmaslett

Post by urmaslett »

Felis silvestris wrote: If this will keep on working, I won't say a word again, as this works with VLC and thus has all what "we need", snapshot, video recording! BUT ... I just remind that the Nova stream died after a few days ...
Use the source, Luke!
You can easily guess URL from JW Player page source.

Urmas

Return to “Lesser Spotted Eagle Webcam Forum”