Buzzard Nest Webcam Discussion - 2012 ESTLAT

Webcam Watching over White-tailed Eagles nest

Moderator: ame

ame

Re: Buzzard Nest Webcam Discussion - 2012 ESTLAT

Post by ame »

hi b.h-p! :hi:
yes it is the same bird since 8.16: it's Pruuni after all! Halli took off and Pruuni returned to the nest after the froggy breakfast. this time they cheated me. :D
light was indeed so tricky earlier. i was increasingly confused about the colours of the incubating bird, but now it can be clearly seen that it's Pruuni in the nest duty. :nod:

the lighter spots in the back of Pruuni's head form a circular pattern, but a good lighting is needed to see that.
ame

Post by ame »

at 11.46 Pruuni began calling loud and a lot... then Halli flew in with a vole! :thumbs:

Pruuni chirped happily and took the vole to the forest.

Imageonline gif creator

ame

Post by ame »

Halli stayed in the nest. this is his head: not nearly as "multicoloured" as Pruuni's.

there were some strange calls from the forest and Halli listened to them. (maybe it was a lonely crane?)
... then he yawned... and soon he began to sleep... :sleep:
ame

Post by ame »

Halli is still in nest duty. mostly he has slept there. at 13.22 a blackbird made a little riot next to the nest, waking Halli for a while... but as soon as the blackbird was quiet for a few seconds, Halli fell asleep again. it's cloudy but there no wind so the weather is ok.
it's so nice to see a peacefully sleeping bird... :innocent:

now he is awake though and listening to a hooded crow who is calling far in the forest.
ame

Post by ame »

there was a flash change of turns at 15.03. Halli was in deep sleep when Pruuni came and took him totally by surprise. he woke up about a millisecond before Pruuni landed and almost scared the s*** out of him! :rotf:
he took off in a split second, kicking the poor egg which rolled around the nest. :slap:
Imagehttp://picasion.com

then he returned just the same moment to greet Pruuni.
Imagemake animated gif

then he climbed to the branch on hte right. he stayed there for a while and Pruuni talked to him...
ame

Post by ame »

after Halli had taken off from the nest tree i think he stayed somewhere close because Pruuni kept on calling kaa - kaa - kaa in a demanding way.
then finally at 15.10 Halli came with a small dry stick. he looked for a good place for it on the rim of the nest, then climbed to the back branch and took off at 15.11 flying to the back of the forest. Pruuni still called a few times but then settled to preen her back.

at 16.07 there must have been someone close to the nesttree on the left to whom Pruuni called for some time looking stern... then the someone must have left because Pruuni stopped calling, yawned and looked relaxed again.
Lussi05

Post by Lussi05 »

Ame, your gifs again :loveshower: :loveshower:
19:14 - I can't say who is incubating, can it be Pruuni? A Chaffinch is calling for her:
macdoum

Post by macdoum »

All is calm and Buzzard incubating and having a :sleep: :thumbs:
Carmel a member of SHOW .. I hope you love birds too. Its economical. It saves going to heaven.
Emily Dickinson
ame

Post by ame »

i think it's been the female Pruuni in the nest since 15.03 today. it's been mainly sleeping since. it has sounded like raining in the evening. not very hard rain though.

Lussi: the gifs are thanks to Felis and Bubo who told how to make them!
:bow: :D
today's playlist: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL87CFF3753A8FBD72
good night! :wave:
macdoum

Post by macdoum »

Goodnight ame,thanks for all your pics,videos and observations. :thumbs:
Carmel a member of SHOW .. I hope you love birds too. Its economical. It saves going to heaven.
Emily Dickinson
ame

Post by ame »

May 7th
good morning! :hi:

..or bad: the camera is off! :slap:
it was disconnected already early in the morning at 5.22 but i thought it was only for the night even though it should not have been dark any more and though it has been during nights, too. :puzzled:

it was raining last evening at half past 9 but it wasn't stormy. the last Pontu picture is taken at 21.34. there Pruuni has been lying flat on the nest for quite some time..
http://pontu.eenet.ee/saunja/2012-05-06 ... -21-34.jpg

Renno... :help: ...
b.h-p

Post by b.h-p »

:wave:

still no cam. just "to many retries.................." :cry:
Eagles better know how to live their lifes than humans do on their behalf

the WtE database at LK created by the forumist Maertha is a goldmine of knowledge and news
ame

Post by ame »

12.30 the camera tried to connect but failed.... :bash: :faint: :cry:

does this mean i'll have to go and work in the garden...? clean the house...? do laundry? wash windows???!
:shock: :mrgreen:
b.h-p

Post by b.h-p »

ame wrote:12.30 the camera tried to connect but failed.............
does this mean i'll have to go and work in the garden...? clean the house...? do laundry? wash windows???![/color] :shock: :mrgreen:
@ I´m afraid so 8-) but afterwards you´ll perhaps be happy :innocent:
Eagles better know how to live their lifes than humans do on their behalf

the WtE database at LK created by the forumist Maertha is a goldmine of knowledge and news
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

I sent e-mail about the webcam.
Someone will do something to make us feel better again!
ame

Post by ame »

thanks Jo!
i sent Renno a pm in the morning. i supppose he's closest to the forest in case the repair requires a visit to the nest (near it).

Edit: at 16.30 the camera clicked again but fails again.
macdoum

Post by macdoum »

:slap: AIE,aie,aie !!
Renno,anyone :help:
Emily Dickinson
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Urmas says that there is some problem in the forest. Renno will check it as soon as he can.
Kitty KCMO

Post by Kitty KCMO »

Whew! :slap: I finally got through all the posts made since I had not logged on while sick. Ame, you have done such an excellent job of documenting the activities here of our buzzards! Thank you so much. Your video of Pruuni laying her egg was wonderful; how fortunate to be watching & recording at that time! :bow: I am eager to see how this nest progresses in the next few weeks.
Kitty KCMO
ame

Post by ame »

May 8th
good morning! :hi:
at 7.30 the camera tried to click on again, but again it failed: "too many retiries: giving up". :faint:
let's hope that Renno or Urmas will find time to go to the forest soon to find out what's the matter... :unsure:

thank you Kitty: i knew you would enjoy reading and seeing about Mr and Mrs B! :wave:

-there wasn't much luck involved with capturing the egg-laying video (other than it happened in day-time): i had been recording continuously for days to capture it, with a second breaks between two recordings each, on and on.
(in fact i've done that all the time, like i think Fleur does and later i "cut" the videos by re-recording. otherwise i'd miss the action, 'cause P&H are so quick in their turns.)
... still Pruuni almost took me by surprise: she began to push the egg while i was planning to make morning coffee. she then made me delay it a bit. :mrgreen:

Return to “White-tailed Eagles Camera Forum”