Wildlife Cameras that are really good

Links to other wildlife cameras around the world.
NancyM
Site Admin

Re: Wildlife Cameras that are really good

Post by NancyM »

Here is a webcam for a golden eagle nest in Oregon, USA- they have two chicks.

http://www.goldeneaglecam.com/

goldeneagle_4-28-2012 12.31.40 PM_03 by aurospio, on Flickr

Information about the nest and camera:

The Golden Eagles have established their nest for the third consecutive year at the Whychus Discovery Outpost near Sisters Oregon.

The first chick hatched on April 2nd and the second chick a couple of days later.

The nest is approximately 200 feet above the ground on a cliff overlooking Whychus Creek. It is extremely difficult to get a camera close to this nest because of its location. So we have a 7.5 inch Meade telescope trained on it from across the canyon about a 1/4 mile away.
macdoum

Post by macdoum »

Nancy,thank you for the link...I'll have to get another screen.. :mrgreen:

Video of 1st feeding at G Blue heron nest;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pgz0f7MF ... e=youtu.be

:2thumbsup:
Carmel a member of SHOW .. I hope you love birds too. Its economical. It saves going to heaven.
Emily Dickinson
fireblade1

Post by fireblade1 »

Three little heads and no eggs :puzzled:
macdoum

Post by macdoum »

G BLue Heron video from today

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVjmbjCM ... e=youtu.be

4 chicks and one egg. :innocent:
Carmel a member of SHOW .. I hope you love birds too. Its economical. It saves going to heaven.
Emily Dickinson
Kitty KCMO

Post by Kitty KCMO »

I am so sorry I missed the hatching, but the videos from Macdoum & Fireblade made me feel better to see how it went. Thank you for sharing. :loveshower:

Here is what I saw earlier today, but was not able to post till now.

Four little ones! :loveshower: They look so shaggy! :laugh:

Kitty KCMO
macdoum

Post by macdoum »

:loveshower: Kitty I am so :loveshower: to see you back here.I hope you are recovering slowly but surely. :D
:wave:
Emily Dickinson
Kitty KCMO

Post by Kitty KCMO »

:wave: I am back! Today I see the four cute little shaggy chicks. They have punky hairdos! :mrgreen:

Kitty KCMO
fireblade1

Post by fireblade1 »

:wave: Kitty
Puuhhh, glad to see five punkies
a part of a feeding
Kitty KCMO

Post by Kitty KCMO »

:hi: Yes, Fireblade; apparently the fifth egg, which had been thought damaged before, did hatch on 2 May, so now there are five little ones. I just had not yet seen the newest one before. They are so cute, like little punk rockers! :laugh:
Kitty KCMO
Kitty KCMO

Post by Kitty KCMO »

Kitty KCMO
mangolink

Post by mangolink »

Hi

We have a live streaming cam on Iberian Wild Boar (sus scofra baretricus) on the edge of the village of Pla de Corrals , Valencia Province, Spain. The camera is live every night from 6.00 pm (central European time). Two sows and 8 piglets usually arrive around 10.pm , Today they came at 9.30 in daylight. The sows are there for two to three hours feeding and taking mud baths. Later in the night solitary boars will visit. Other visitors are foxes and wild cats. To see this cam go to http://www.mangolink.com/general/webcams/wildlife/

Regards

Chris
macdoum

Post by macdoum »

mangolink wrote:Hi

We have a live streaming cam on Iberian Wild Boar (sus scofra baretricus) on the edge of the village of Pla de Corrals , Valencia Province, Spain. The camera is live every night from 6.00 pm (central European time). Two sows and 8 piglets usually arrive around 10.pm , Today they came at 9.30 in daylight. The sows are there for two to three hours feeding and taking mud baths. Later in the night solitary boars will visit. Other visitors are foxes and wild cats. To see this cam go to http://www.mangolink.com/general/webcams/wildlife/

Regards

Chris
That cam looks good Chris. Thank you for posting and you are welcome here. There are also lots to see here in the daytime,join the crowd. :2thumbsup: ~~ :gathering:
Emily Dickinson
macdoum

Post by macdoum »

Anyone else watching this webcam
http://www.mangolink.com/general/webcams/wildlife/
..just now ? Is it snowing or do I see flower petals coming down in the wind.
In any case there are two boars eating and lots of little stripeys.I count 6 or 7 :loveshower:
or more ?
Emily Dickinson
Liis

Post by Liis »

Nest cameras - surveys
Bird nest web cameras seem to abound. After a check by Google for osprey nest cams that turned up some twenty (relevant) hits on the first few pages, it seemed that somebody must have felt the need of an inventory before me.

Here are rather thorough listings for about 100 bird species
http://www.viewbirds.com/
with i a 41 osprey sites. Web page last revised 11th May 2012

Below is the introduction from the Viewbirds nest camera page:
"The sites listed below feature live webcam coverage, updated videos, and/or updated photographs of nesting birds. You can follow the efforts of the parents and the progress of the young by periodically visiting these nest sites.
Bird species are in taxonomic order and sites are arranged alphabetically by locality. An asterisk (*) indicates that a site is currently active, and a degree symbol (º) indicates that a site works best with Internet Explorer. To observe bird cams focused on feeders in a variety of countries, please go to the Bird Feeder Webcams site
." (my underlining)

I checked the entries for a few bird species for whom I know of cameras: the Looduskalender ones and some Swedish sites. Results were reasonably correct and updated, and in general a surprisingly large collection also of European (non-English?) sites.
For the more far-away sources: there are 2 Japanese cameras, some Australian ones. What about Russia (unp, other members ...?).

EDIT: The View Birds Nests site is actually already in this topic (and in Useful tools), nested in as a "useful resource" in Fatbirder posted by Maertha. But it deserves a mention on its own, for the clear and comprehensive listing.
mangolink

Post by mangolink »

macdoum wrote:Anyone else watching this webcam
http://www.mangolink.com/general/webcams/wildlife/
..just now ? Is it snowing or do I see flower petals coming down in the wind.
In any case there are two boars eating and lots of little stripeys.I count 6 or 7 :loveshower:
or more ?
Hi

thanks for watching our web cam. No its not snowing. Its very hot here The snowy picture is caused by pollen from nearby pine trees

Best regards

Chris
Manu

Post by Manu »

mangolink wrote:Hi

Regards

Chris
@mangolink/Chris : Thanks to share this info's with us... Tomorrow I will watch this webcam in the evening :loveshower:
macdoum

Post by macdoum »

mangolink wrote: Hi

thanks for watching our web cam. No its not snowing. Its very hot here The snowy picture is caused by pollen from nearby pine trees

Best regards

Chris
Thank you Chris,its a great cam. I watched the video of the Genet last night. I never heard of,or seen one before. PineMarten video great too. :headroll:
Just now there's a boar there. :2thumbsup:
Emily Dickinson
macdoum

Post by macdoum »

Liis Thank you for the reminder...I had this link (so my computer told me when I added this one) before but had forgotten all about it. :rolleyes:

UNP added a link for Siberean Cranes in 'Interesting Links' -'Other Birds & Animals'. viewtopic.php?f=11&t=34&p=140072#p140072

Liis link;
http://www.viewbirds.com/
Emily Dickinson
Kitty KCMO

Post by Kitty KCMO »

Thank you for the Mangolink cam address. I was looking just now & it is not yet dawn, but a bird was singing an absolutely gorgeous song. I don't know the kind of bird but the song was stunning!

Kitty KCMO
Kitty KCMO

Post by Kitty KCMO »

Taken a few days ago when the Cornell great blue heron chicks were having supper. They are no longer just balls of fluff; now they are beginning to look a bit prehistoric!

Kitty KCMO

Return to “Camera Links”